ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Gameday UCONN is definitely a BB

ukjenning44

Junior
Nov 21, 2022
Retiring Rip Hamilton’s jersey today. Jim Calhoun is there with him. Rip hit a half-court shot straight out being cold. Calhoun says the best thing about it was having 2 Duke players having to watch it.
You can talk smack when you’ve won 3 NC’s.
Rip said last time he played on that court they were number 1 in the country and today they are ranked number 1 in the country.
5 NC’s with 3 different coaches. Definitely a blue blood program. Probably get number 6 this season.
If Calturd isn’t shown the door they may pass us in NC’s.

5 NC’s with 3 different coaches. Definitely a blue blood program. Probably get number 6 this season.
If Calturd isn’t shown the door they may pass us in NC’s.
I agree.

People say it counts less because so far UCONN hasn't sustained it for three full decades. But the 2.6 decades they have sustained it for have spanned parity, G League, One And Done, NIL, the portal, and the Me generation.

I'm not so sure that doesn't actually count more.

UConn is a blue blood and I hate them, Their color is even a shade of blue.

Two of their titles Cal/UK gifted to them because we couldn't hit free throws in 2010 and 2014... Rooferee Higgins helped there as well though.

Dan Hurley I think is a good coach and isn't going anywhere unfortunately ... my only hope is UCONN gets hurt by not being in a power 5 conference in the new landscape but it hasn't hurt so far.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
UConn is a blue blood and I hate them, Their color is even a shade of blue.

Two of their titles Cal/UK gifted to them because we couldn't hit free throws in 2010 and 2014... Rooferee Higgins helped there as well though.

Dan Hurley I think is a good coach and isn't going anywhere unfortunately ... my only hope is UCONN gets hurt by not being in a power 5 conference in the new landscape but it hasn't hurt so far.
Aren’t all blue bloods a shade of blue ? UK, UNCheat, Duke, UCLA, Kansas , UConn…………IUsedtobeablueblood lost their membership, lol .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dynastydreamuk
Calipari "I'll take talent over experience every time. "

Kentucky nearly sixty (60) 5 stars in 15 years. 1 national championship.

Uconn six (6) 5 stars in 15 years. 3 national championships. Possibly 4 coming this
And like Rip Hamilton, when UCONN has talent they take advantage of it.
I don’t like Jim Calhoun. But how many NC’s would that man have won with Cal’s talent?

I would bet anybody any amount of money that 90% of all college coaches could’ve won only ONE NC with Cal’s talent.
I bet 75% would have two.
and put it at 50% would have three.

Cal is honestly one of the worst coaches I have witnessed in my life. How the hell he is our coach of our program blows my mind!

Single crookedest program last 30 years. Were paying players well before nil. Only Kansas, dook, and uncheat are any where close.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I just don’t see another championship with Cal at the helm. Oats and Alabama lead all things SEC over the last 5 years… we aren’t even the class of a football conference anymore.
I don't either.

Cal is routinely under prepared for games and panics during key moments on the sidelines.

He literally looks lost at times and has no idea what to do during games.

Watching the interview with Hurley. Love his intensity and emotion.
He is a young Rick Pitino. Aggressive, driven, focused on winning championships, coaches individual players up, team first, coaches for the University that hired him and not for the NBA.

That would be terrible to have a coach like that at UK.......again.

Last edited:
Calipari "I'll take talent over experience every time. "

Kentucky nearly sixty (60) 5 stars in 15 years. 1 national championship.

Uconn six (6) 5 stars in 15 years. 3 national championships. Possibly 4 coming this

Cal likes his team. Sure wish he liked them enough to coach them up instead of the NBA doing it...

Show Cal and Barn Door............The Door....

Bull shit! man you are one pathetic bitch. We have beaten both UNC and Auburn. The majority of our game we Lost were by very close margins. No Im not happy with how we are doing at all but saying we should be a division 2-3 team makes you the biggest yroll on here.
Cal couldn’t win the division 2 or 3 NC with our current roster. Those coaches actually have to coach and know how to. Cal is clueless!
If he laced his Kool Aid like Jim Jones did many of you would be deceased. You’re already delusional from drinking the unlaced version.

Bull shit! man you are one pathetic bitch. We have beaten both UNC and Auburn. The majority of our game we Lost were by very close margins. No Im not happy with how we are doing at all but saying we should be a division 2-3 team makes you the biggest yroll on here.
Winning is dependent on players and the coaches. Cal has proven time and time again that HE cannot consistently coach his teams to the big wins, when it matters most. I agree with him, Cal would not win a championship at the D2 level either. Keep in mind who Cal has lost 2 in the NCAA tournament! The loss to LSU the other night states his case.

Last edited:
Reactions: ukjenning44
Best thing about that comment Calhoun made--they can't say anything because he beat Coach K in National Championship game in '99 and then in National Semifinal in '04 where Coach K went full "stall ball" mode with a 9 pt lead under 4 mins--blew the game, lost in OT and then cussed the officials out the entire way off the floor after the game. The '99 win was sweet but the '04 win was great because that was the year Uncle Verne Lundquist declared of Chris Duhon in the Elite 8 game "What a player, what a man" which was about as sickening as anything I've heard during a telecast that didn't include Dick "Dook" Vitale.

UConn did what many have wanted to do--beat Duke on the biggest stage.

Cal couldn’t win the division 2 or 3 NC with our current roster. Those coaches actually have to coach and know how to. Cal is clueless!
If he laced his Kool Aid like Jim Jones did many of you would be deceased. You’re already delusional from drinking the unlaced version.
I want Cal gone dumbass. But you said stupid shit like you hope we lose every game by 40 now this stupidity

They are not a "blue blood". UConn has no Final Fours before 1999. No titles before 1999. Only 4 Elite 8s before 1999 and one of those was in 1964. They had 0 NCAA tournament appearances in the 80s and only 2 in the 70s.

Duke had 1 NCAA runner-ups in 60s, 70s, and 80s. They've had 1 Final Four in every decade since the 60s. They had 14 Final Fours before UConn got their first one.

UNC had 6 runner-ups. One each in the 40s, 60s, 70s, 80s. 2010s, and 2020s. They had 14 Final Fours before UConn had their first one.

Kentucky had 13 Final Fours before UConn had their first. Won a title in the 40s, 50s, 70s, 90s, and 2010s.

UCLA had 15 Final Fours before UConns first. Won titles in the 60s, 70s, and 90s. On top of their 11 titles they also had 2 runner-ups for a total of 13 NCAA title game appearances.

Kansas, similar results.

25 years does not a blue blood make. You want to call them a "new age blue blood" or something corny like that then sure. Putting them in with UNC, Duke, UK, UCLA, and KU is a slap in the face of those that built those programs 50-60 years ago.

He is a young Rick Pitino. Aggressive, driven, focused on winning championships, coaches individual players up, team first, coaches for the University that hired him and not for the NBA.

Thart would be terrible to have a coach like that at UK.......again.
Biggest difference in UConn and UK..
Their program comes first, whatever the players achieve towards the NBA is after the program eats first.
It's all about the program.

Reactions: cathouse
Best thing about that comment Calhoun made--they can't say anything because he beat Coach K in National Championship game in '99 and then in National Semifinal in '04 where Coach K went full "stall ball" mode with a 9 pt lead under 4 mins--blew the game, lost in OT and then cussed the officials out the entire way off the floor after the game. The '99 win was sweet but the '04 win was great because that was the year Uncle Verne Lundquist declared of Chris Duhon in the Elite 8 game "What a player, what a man" which was about as sickening as anything I've heard during a telecast that didn't include Dick "Dook" Vitale.

UConn did what many have wanted to do--beat Duke on the biggest stage.

Might as well share the love (or misery?) as there would be two more banners hanging in Rupp if it were not for the Huskies.

Biggest difference in UConn and UK..
Their program comes first, whatever the players achieve towards the NBA is after the program eats first.
It's all about the program.
As was the case with UK basketball until someone allowed JVC to hijack this program and utilize it for his own personal social agenda.

I just can't figure out how he is allowed to continue doing what he is doing while destroying a once proud basketball program.

The only gold standard left is his bank account....and his ego.

And to think at one time we were atop the college basketball world, now we can’t sniff 5 mins of air time other than to talk about our opponent & then we continue to have injuries that never heal while players jump around on the sideline like it’s a frat party.
That part makes me sick. It's SO OBVIOUS that he does this stupid load management thing now to both (a) get their guys to put up decent games and (b) protect them from injuries the rest of the time. I mean, if you're really ****ing hurt then shouldn't you be hobbling or resting? How do you NOT make yourself available for games so your team can win? How do you NOT get out there and completely bust your tail to exhaustion? Not having integrity, good morals, a stronger desire to win games than getting to the NBA, that's how.

EDIT:

I look forward to the day when only the Cats who gave everything they were capable of giving, are invited back to give speeches and tutor new guys. The rest of the lazy clowns can sit at home, or hang out at Cal's house.

Since Oats moved to Tuscaloosa, overall wins by SEC programs are: 1. Alabama 111; 2. Arkansas 108; 3. Auburn 107; 3. Tennessee 107; 5. Kentucky 100.

Regular-season conference wins by SEC programs since Bama hired Oats: 1. Alabama 60; 2. Kentucky 57; 3. Tennessee 54; 4. Auburn 53; 5. Florida 46.
I’m giving to need you to stop posting these good statistics because it’s pissing me off more than I already am. 🤮

Reactions: Lost In FL
That part makes me sick. It's SO OBVIOUS that he does this stupid load management thing now to both (a) get their guys to put up decent games and (b) protect them from injuries the rest of the time. I mean, if you're really ****ing hurt then shouldn't you be hobbling or resting? How do you NOT make yourself available for games so your team can win? How do you NOT get out there and completely bust your tail to exhaustion? Not having integrity, good morals, a stronger desire to win games than getting to the NBA, that's how.
Yeah the injury thing here at UK just makes me mad as hell. Players are out but still jump around on the bench as if they have completely forgot about their " injury ".
But after the Shady Sharp fiasco, nothing surprises me at all with our dumbass coach.

As was the case with UK basketball until someone allowed JVC to hijack this program and utilize it for his own personal social agenda.

I just can't figure out how he is allowed to continue doing what he is doing while destroying a once proud basketball program.

Barnhart and the powers to be at UK don't have the testicles
to hold Crapapari accountable. They will let him burn the program down.
It's a shame that the fans care more about the program than they do. A house cleaning of epic magnitude needs to happen in Lexington.

There’s no one secret formula here, but if you want to look closely at how Hurley assembled that team, he really supplemented that roster with good transfers on that team of upperclassman. What’s better, a very good developed upperclassman or a hotshot freshman with no experience who may be 20 lbs under weight for their position?

Look at Carolina, Bacot and Davis are really good players and I’m not taking anything away from them, but they’ve also been around 10 years it seems like and lost a ton of games in their career along the way. Even though they struggled their last 5 games, they’re still one of the 10 favorites to win it all. Look how Hubert rebuilt that team in the off-season. Getting Ingram from Stanford changed that team into much more of a threat. And the kid from Notre Dame as well. Both helped a glaring UNC deficiency in recent years, which is the outside shot. (Other than Love’s 25-30 foot bombs that went in for three weeks in 2022)

Also, UCONN has probably done better than any name program the last two decades in finding “diamonds in the rough” and turning them into stud players. Whether it’s Okafor or Sanogo last year. That goes back to doing the hard work in scouting.

Name programs need to be keeping a strong eye on the portal a lot heavier in the off-season. NIL and transfer portal are the new frontiers unfortunately. Sure bring in a great class of frosh if you can get them but try to surround them with some experienced upperclassman/transfers. Easier said than done I know but damn there were “only” over 1,000 players in the portal last year.

But let’s also be fair, not everything is roses up there. As many Kentucky fans have pointed out, the Huskies are kind of a “feast or famine” program. Either they win a title or they don’t even make the tournament. So when they eat, they eat very very well but when they’re starving, they’re skin and bones.

Last edited:
I agree, the portal is the new trend. A coach can rebuild quickly with the right players. I wanted Dalton Knecht last off-season, but for whatever reason, We never took a serious look at him or if we did we weren't very convincing.

Can you imagine the dynasty if those coaches had our players. Can only imagine how many more games would have been won?
Can you imagine if players like AD stayed for 3 to 4 years? Those coaches would have had the same issues Cal has had or even worse. It's not like he has these NBA superstars for 3 and 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT