ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to any Oakland Fans Coming Here

NamelessOne

Sophomore
May 7, 2011
First off, a big congratulations to Oakland on a successful season and I fully expect you guys to be a top mid-major type team within a couple of seasons.

Having said that, you guys are playing Kentucky. We are a NATIONAL PROGRAM and have been for many years. With that track record comes a certain level of respect both from the team AND FROM THE KENTUCKY FANS. We demand respect not out of spite but rather due to who we are. SEC Titles, National Titles, 23,400 arena, a top 5 overall NATIONAL Program. That is respect and people give us respect.
One of the things that I have tried to do whenever Kentucky plays an opponent for the first time is to try to explain a few things so there are no problems at the game:

1) First, there will NOT be any yelling in my ear during the game. I darn well don't plan on traveling all that distance to the PPG Paints Area to have some guy yell in my ear. I will ask you one time to stop and no more. Look, it is a basketball game so of course you can cheer for your team. I don't mind clapping but this incessant yelling is out. If you continue then I will take a physical solution that you will not like. I will NEVER provoke but if you guys think that constant yelling in my ear is gonna be tolerated you are in for a big surprise. Same thing for the kids. Sure, they can be there but keep them out of my area and keep them quiet. If you cannot control the kids then you will be held responsible and I will take matters into my own hands. We don't put up with that crap in Lexington and we darn well aren't gonna travel all that distance to Pittsburgh and put up with it.

2) If I have to go to the restroom I don't wait in line, I go to the front. This is an area where I have encountered some problems before so I am just making it clear now. A Kentucky fan has earned the right to not wait in some bathroom line and we choose to not do it. We demand respect. If you have a problem with this you had better go to a "Oakland" restroom or to one where the Kentucky fans are not in. If you do decide to make an issue out of it then be prepared to face a physical solution.

3) Ditto for concessions. We go to the front of the line. NOT OUT OF SPITE OR TO TRY TO SHOW YOU UP. It is all about showing respect, folks. Again, if you have a problem with this I advise you to keep away from me or the Kentucky contingent. I am very upfront and honest when I tell you that it ain't nothing for me to up and kick a man's ass. Done it several times and I'll do it again if pushed. NEVER will I provoke, though. It is YOU that determines my actions.

I sincerely hope everyone has a great time at the game and there are no problems. If folks understand a little history and where the Kentucky program and fans are coming from then we will have no problems. It should be a fun game!

First off, a big congratulations to Oakland on a successful season and I fully expect you guys to be a top mid-major type team within a couple of seasons.

Having said that, you guys are playing Kentucky. We are a NATIONAL PROGRAM and have been for many years. With that track record comes a certain level of respect both from the team AND FROM THE KENTUCKY FANS. We demand respect not out of spite but rather due to who we are. SEC Titles, National Titles, 23,400 arena, a top 5 overall NATIONAL Program. That is respect and people give us respect.
One of the things that I have tried to do whenever Kentucky plays an opponent for the first time is to try to explain a few things so there are no problems at the game:

1) First, there will NOT be any yelling in my ear during the game. I darn well don't plan on traveling all that distance to the PPG Paints Area to have some guy yell in my ear. I will ask you one time to stop and no more. Look, it is a basketball game so of course you can cheer for your team. I don't mind clapping but this incessant yelling is out. If you continue then I will take a physical solution that you will not like. I will NEVER provoke but if you guys think that constant yelling in my ear is gonna be tolerated you are in for a big surprise. Same thing for the kids. Sure, they can be there but keep them out of my area and keep them quiet. If you cannot control the kids then you will be held responsible and I will take matters into my own hands. We don't put up with that crap in Lexington and we darn well aren't gonna travel all that distance to Pittsburgh and put up with it.

2) If I have to go to the restroom I don't wait in line, I go to the front. This is an area where I have encountered some problems before so I am just making it clear now. A Kentucky fan has earned the right to not wait in some bathroom line and we choose to not do it. We demand respect. If you have a problem with this you had better go to a "Oakland" restroom or to one where the Kentucky fans are not in. If you do decide to make an issue out of it then be prepared to face a physical solution.

3) Ditto for concessions. We go to the front of the line. NOT OUT OF SPITE OR TO TRY TO SHOW YOU UP. It is all about showing respect, folks. Again, if you have a problem with this I advise you to keep away from me or the Kentucky contingent. I am very upfront and honest when I tell you that it ain't nothing for me to up and kick a man's ass. Done it several times and I'll do it again if pushed. NEVER will I provoke, though. It is YOU that determines my actions.

I sincerely hope everyone has a great time at the game and there are no problems. If folks understand a little history and where the Kentucky program and fans are coming from then we will have no problems. It should be a fun game!

I believe this post has more words than Oakland has fans.

Since Oakland is in a suburb of Detroit, OP may want to rethink his statements.

OP is a pos rival fan that's allowed to post his non sense here.
How is it that anytime a UK fan goes to a rival board they get banned almost instantly?

Nice reference to Roy D Mercer. You're clearly a U of L or UT clownshow.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT