ADVERTISEMENT

Attention Providence Fans

NamelessOne

Sophomore
May 7, 2011
First off, a big congratulations to Providence on a successful season and I fully expect you guys to be a top 15 type team within a couple of seasons.

Having said that, you guys are playing Kentucky. We are a NATIONAL PROGRAM and have been for many years. With that track record comes a certain level of respect both from the team AND FROM THE PROVIDENCE FANS. We demand respect not out of spite but rather due to who we are. SEC Titles, National Titles, 23,400 arena, a top 5 overall NATIONAL Program. That is respect and people give us respect.
One of the things that I have tried to do whenever Kentucky plays an opponent for the first time is to try to explain a few things so there are no problems at the game:

1) First, there will NOT be any yelling in my ear during the game. I darn well don't plan on traveling all that distance to the Greensboro Coliseum to have some guy yell in my ear. I will ask you one time to stop and no more. Look, it is a basketball game so of course you can cheer for your team. I don't mind clapping but this incessant yelling is out. If you continue then I will take a physical solution that you will not like. I will NEVER provoke but if you guys think that constant yelling in my ear is gonna be tolerated you are in for a big surprise. Same thing for the kids. Sure, they can be there but keep them out of my area and keep them quiet. If you cannot control the kids then you will be held responsible and I will take matters into my own hands. We don't put up with that crap in Lexington and we darn well aren't gonna travel all that distance to Greensboro and put up with it.

2) If I have to go to the restroom I don't wait in line, I go to the front. This is an area where I have encountered some problems before so I am just making it clear now. A Kentucky fan has earned the right to not wait in some bathroom line and we choose to not do it. We demand respect. If you have a problem with this you had better go to a "Providence" restroom or to one where the Kentucky fans are not in. If you do decide to make an issue out of it then be prepared to face a physical solution.

3) Ditto for concessions. We go to the front of the line. NOT OUT OF SPITE OR TO TRY TO SHOW YOU UP. It is all about showing respect, folks. Again, if you have a problem with this I advise you to keep away from me or the Kentucky contingent. I am very upfront and honest when I tell you that it ain't nothing for me to up and kick a man's ass. Done it several times and I'll do it again if pushed. NEVER will I provoke, though. It is YOU that determines my actions.

I sincerely hope everyone has a great time at the game and there are no problems. If folks understand a little history and where the Kentucky program and fans are coming from then we will have no problems. It should be a fun game!

Welcome here. We are the rock stars of college basketball fans and of course Kentucky wildcats is the biggest name in the business. The back bone of the BBN online. See we Kentucky fans even have a nickname.

First off, a big congratulations to Providence on a successful season and I fully expect you guys to be a top 15 type team within a couple of seasons.

Having said that, you guys are playing Kentucky. We are a NATIONAL PROGRAM and have been for many years. With that track record comes a certain level of respect both from the team AND FROM THE PROVIDENCE FANS. We demand respect not out of spite but rather due to who we are. SEC Titles, National Titles, 23,400 arena, a top 5 overall NATIONAL Program. That is respect and people give us respect.
One of the things that I have tried to do whenever Kentucky plays an opponent for the first time is to try to explain a few things so there are no problems at the game:

1) First, there will NOT be any yelling in my ear during the game. I darn well don't plan on traveling all that distance to the Greensboro Coliseum to have some guy yell in my ear. I will ask you one time to stop and no more. Look, it is a basketball game so of course you can cheer for your team. I don't mind clapping but this incessant yelling is out. If you continue then I will take a physical solution that you will not like. I will NEVER provoke but if you guys think that constant yelling in my ear is gonna be tolerated you are in for a big surprise. Same thing for the kids. Sure, they can be there but keep them out of my area and keep them quiet. If you cannot control the kids then you will be held responsible and I will take matters into my own hands. We don't put up with that crap in Lexington and we darn well aren't gonna travel all that distance to Greensboro and put up with it.

2) If I have to go to the restroom I don't wait in line, I go to the front. This is an area where I have encountered some problems before so I am just making it clear now. A Kentucky fan has earned the right to not wait in some bathroom line and we choose to not do it. We demand respect. If you have a problem with this you had better go to a "Providence" restroom or to one where the Kentucky fans are not in. If you do decide to make an issue out of it then be prepared to face a physical solution.

3) Ditto for concessions. We go to the front of the line. NOT OUT OF SPITE OR TO TRY TO SHOW YOU UP. It is all about showing respect, folks. Again, if you have a problem with this I advise you to keep away from me or the Kentucky contingent. I am very upfront and honest when I tell you that it ain't nothing for me to up and kick a man's ass. Done it several times and I'll do it again if pushed. NEVER will I provoke, though. It is YOU that determines my actions.

I sincerely hope everyone has a great time at the game and there are no problems. If folks understand a little history and where the Kentucky program and fans are coming from then we will have no problems. It should be a fun game!
Lighten up Francis.

This thread should stay on the first page and maybe get a sticky.

A semi-satirical look at the attitude of a UofK going into march madness and living that life.

Great job op. I see you.

Reactions: downthehatch
OP, I am sure both of their fans are shaking in their boots right now.
After reading this OP:

bac7a2fe-9f31-4eff-94fc-f0fb92e16e54_text.gif

Reactions: UK90 and chroix
You should see how shocked those ladies are when he busts in to the bathroom. Lines be damned!

• Haha
Reactions: UKAlum88
I would simply say that on the national hoops scene our stock would be considered "sell." When Cal finally gets fired or quits, that would be a good time to get back in.

Last edited:
I’m a Kentucky fan and I want to go just to yell in your ear now.
That is my point - I am NOT trying to be a jerk.

Look, lets all have a great time at the game. ALL OF US.

I just do not want any problems.

I am fully expecting a great game and a great time by everyone

I came on here praising Providence for a good season and said the future looks bright. Am I missing something?

Kentucky is a different type program. THAT IS FACT.

And, some of you get upset?

Reality, folks.

I sincerely want EVERYONE to have a great time and I fully expect it. I simply wanted to explain a few things in order to PREVENT any problems. Thats it. That is all I did.

People who know me know I work hard. I am honest and real and very determined. Ok, I lift weights - NOT machines but free weights. Big difference. People give me respect in the weightroom. Now, am I a jerk about it? NO. But, I lift weights and if a new guy walks in the weightroom and wants to take over Iwill not allow that.

Guys, lets ALL have a great time and I really think we can

I came on here praising Providence for a good season and said the future looks bright. Am I missing something?

Reality, folks.

I sincerely want EVERYONE to have a great time and I fully expect it. I simply wanted to explain a few things in order to PREVENT any problems. Thats it. That is all I did.

People who know me know I work hard. I am honest and real and very determined. Ok, I lift weights - NOT machines but free weights. Big difference. People give me respect in the weightroom. Now, am I a jerk about it? NO. But, I lift weights and if a new guy walks in the weightroom and wants to take over Iwill not allow that.

What if the guy walks in the gym and is not jacked but unbeknownst to you he knows Krav Maga? More like a Ninja. He points at the ceiling. You look up and he strikes like a cobra. You realize, "he got the jump on me." Do you tap out?

Reality, folks.

Cool fairy tale. The guys who talk a big game usually are the ones trying to intimidate people in order to avoid conflict they are scared of but you do you.

Cool fairy tale. The guys who talk a big game usually are the ones trying to intimidate people in order to avoid conflict they are scared of but you do you.
Keep it up. Maybe it is a defense mechanism or whatever. I don't know.

But, I do know I am a rational man who does not provoke folks and tries to live a good life.

When folks cross the line and try to be cute or funny or whatever then I can change, too. If any of you have a chance to see the last 2 minutes of the 2014 Kentucky and Wisconsin game when Kentucky won it on a last second 3 pointer by Harrison to put UK in the title game take a look. During the last minute, the game was stopped and you could hear the announcers say there was some sort of commotion in the stands - that was me falling into the court with a Wisconsin crew guy who ran his mouth after I repeatedly told him to quit telling me to get back. LOOK AT THE TAPE. I spent 2 hours in a holding cellbut I don't regret it.

Again, if folks want to be real and honest that is fine. I'm in. But, if you want to mock and think that hurts me or something then I can go there, too. Gears. I can change however you want.

Keep it up. Maybe it is a defense mechanism or whatever. I don't know.

But, I do know I am a rational man who does not provoke folks and tries to live a good life.

When folks cross the line and try to be cute or funny or whatever then I can change, too. If any of you have a chance to see the last 2 minutes of the 2014 Kentucky and Wisconsin game when Kentucky won it on a last second 3 pointer by Harrison to put UK in the title game take a look. During the last minute, the game was stopped and you could hear the announcers say there was some sort of commotion in the stands - that was me falling into the court with a Wisconsin crew guy who ran his mouth after I repeatedly told him to quit telling me to get back. LOOK AT THE TAPE. I spent 2 hours in a holding cellbut I don't regret it.

Again, if folks want to be real and honest that is fine. I'm in. But, if you want to mock and think that hurts me or something then I can go there, too. Gears. I can change however you want.

Your scare tactics aren’t working, literally no one is scared of you.

Wow... that sounds really good. With that being said, this current Kentucky team has exhibited very little qualities for a long run in the NCAA Tournament. They should win the first game and should win the second game to make the Sweet 16. I have very little confidence in them going much further than that as they have not displayed the qualities that would make me think otherwise. Good luck to the Cats.

Imagine going through society, especially in today’s world, with this approach. I’m sure OP is joking and if so hilarious, if not, hmm🤔.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT