ADVERTISEMENT

New podcast: Episode 1 Previewing the Oakland Golden Grizzlies

Mar 15, 2024
I know I'm a little late to the party, some of the editing and publishing logistics got the best of me. But here's my first episode of what I *hope* to be a long running ordeal, the Bleed Blue Podcast

I know the UK sports podcast scene isn't exactly on a shortage, but I'm hoping to bring some different twists to it, including maybe some interviews or content with some Rupp's Rafters posters

Anyhow, give it a listen if you want - only 12 minutes long - let me know some feedback too if you want. Appreciate it

Well what would it be? 2 well-known posters yelling at each other? I'd rather listen to 2 posters argue verbally than watch it resort to the grammar police trying to win an argument by pointing out someone's typos!

I prefer reading over listening. Any chance you can transcribe your shows to text?
I started writing for KY Insider. Here's my article previewing the Oakland team, which I used as a bit of an outline for the podcast - so pretty similar content. Thanks

Haha! I have some decent ideas I'd like to pursue, but you're right....train wreck potential
I would be shocked if you could get anyone from Rafters on a call. Most of them would be worried that someone would recognize their voice and then in turn their wild takes on Rafters would be blown to shreds.

Rafters folks are wildly private and love their anonymity. Over the years I've tried to meet up with a handful at games, bars before the games, locations outside of Kentucky, and have only been successful once. People here want to stay anonymous, probably because they'd be embarrassed for anyone to know who they are after some of the garbage they've spewed here over the years.

I started writing for KY Insider. Here's my article previewing the Oakland team, which I used as a bit of an outline for the podcast - so pretty similar content. Thanks

Thanks. I actually read this yesterday. Good review.

Reactions: BleedBluePodcast
Nice audio quality! Most first-time podcasts I listen to sound like they're recorded underwater. Thanks for sharing, good listen.
I'll add, I like to have a mix of long and short podcasts to listen to depending on how long I have to listen. Hard to find many short pods like this, so I appreciate that as well.

Reactions: BleedBluePodcast
I would be shocked if you could get anyone from Rafters on a call. Most of them would be worried that someone would recognize their voice and then in turn their wild takes on Rafters would be blown to shreds.

Rafters folks are wildly private and love their anonymity. Over the years I've tried to meet up with a handful at games, bars before the games, locations outside of Kentucky, and have only been successful once. People here want to stay anonymous, probably because they'd be embarrassed for anyone to know who they are after some of the garbage they've spewed here over the years.
I'm always down to pre-game with a Kentucky fan, although I only get to 1 or 2 games a year currently, but hoping to change that soon

Good breakdown. Nice work. Subscribed and hope you have a bunch more games to preview this season.

I accept the invitation to be on this guy's podcast. Let the games begin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT