ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Oakland live this week

UK could lose to any team in the field.

We get it.

They will need to bring extreme focus to advance, and I doubt they'll be focused enough to win a few in a row.

They're bipolar. There's no easy opponent for this UK team.
Agree, but we did run off a few tough wins here at the end of the season. Just need to channel the same level of focus in each and every game moving forward. One game at a time.

Live in Indy area and always attend the Horizon semis and final game. Saw Oakland play twice. They will offer some resistance. Have a great 3 pt shooter and an inside guy who is versatile.
They have a couple decent shooters for sure.

We get it.

They will need to bring extreme focus to advance, and I doubt they'll be focused enough to win a few in a row.

Is there a doctor in here? I need a doctor. We need a bipolar medication on line 1 🙏.

Oakland is actually pretty bad. Here are some notable games from their schedule (both good and bad):

Lost at then 25 Illinois 64-53 (early season).

Lost to Drake at home 85-77

Barely won vs. LMU (no idea who they are), Marshall and Xavier

Lost 98-77 to some school called Purdue FW, at home.

Lost by a point at home to Toledo.

Lost by 17, 79-62 at Michigan State.

Blown out by Dayton at home 91-67.

Beaten by Cleveland St, 75-67.

Lost at Green Bay 69-59.

Lost at Northern KY 99-89 after beating them earlier 70-65 at home.

Lost at home to Wright St, 96-75 (blowout)

They are #137 on KenPom overall; 135th in offense and 165th in defense.

They are #126 on the NET with a 1-5 Quad 1 record and a pretty bad 7-6 Quad 3 record.

I don't think we need to worry about Oakland. They have no surprise wins.

Live in Indy area and always attend the Horizon semis and final game. Saw Oakland play twice. They will offer some resistance. Have a great 3 pt shooter and an inside guy who is versatile.
Put your money on them

A few things jumped out to me about Oakland (34-games).....
#1 Townsend shot SEVENTY more free throws than Reeves.
#2 Gohike shot 335 field goals and 327 were 3-pointers, Reeves shot 179!!!
#3 Lampman shot 225 3-pointers.
So two of their primary players shoot ALOT of threes and another one draws ALOT of fouls.........

As I follow Cleveland State I know much about Oakland being in the same conference. I watched the entire semifinal game and CSU had a chance but came up 3 points short.

Trey Townsend is a 6'6" forward is their star player but they have a couple of 3 point shooters mainly Jack Gohlke who has a quick trigger and will fire at will was 37% from 3 on the year.

A game Kentucky should dominate but you just never know.

Oakland did won on the road at Xavier this year

We get it.

Except Auburn, Alabama, UNC, UConn, Purdue, Houston, dUKe, Fl, Marq, etc.

Other than them?

You can get your hopes up for a UK loss all you want!

We’re FF bound.

Your St. John’s team might make the NIT FF. So you have that.

Oakland is actually pretty bad. Here are some notable games from their schedule (both good and bad):

Lost at then 25 Illinois 64-53 (early season).

Lost to Drake at home 85-77

Barely won vs. LMU (no idea who they are), Marshall and Xavier

Lost 98-77 to some school called Purdue FW, at home.

Lost by a point at home to Toledo.

Lost by 17, 79-62 at Michigan State.

Blown out by Dayton at home 91-67.

Beaten by Cleveland St, 75-67.

Lost at Green Bay 69-59.

Lost at Northern KY 99-89 after beating them earlier 70-65 at home.

Lost at home to Wright St, 96-75 (blowout)

They are #137 on KenPom overall; 135th in offense and 165th in defense.

They are #126 on the NET with a 1-5 Quad 1 record and a pretty bad 7-6 Quad 3 record.

I don't think we need to worry about Oakland. They have no surprise wins.

They definitely don’t have the look of a trendy 14 seed with upset potential. They look underwhelming for a 14. Honestly they don’t look like a 14 to me at all. Guys show up in the right mindset and we should win pretty comfortably.

Reactions: TheDude73
Understand. But UK has to be hot from 3 to beat most teams. Post scoring and defense are not UK's forte.
Their tallest player is 6’9”. They are very average-sized guard heavy. Three guards take almost all of their shots from the perimeter and aren’t that fantastic at them.

We won’t be dealing with lane driving guards or big men. So we should feast. A team isn’t going to beat us just from the perimeter. We may have bigs with double digit scoring.

Reactions: G-PIP
Their tallest player is 6’9”. They are very average-sized guard heavy. Three guards take almost all of their shots from the perimeter and aren’t that fantastic at them.

We won’t be dealing with lane driving guards or big men. So we should feast. A team isn’t going to beat us just from the perimeter. We may have bigs with double digit scoring.
Glad to hear it. I haven't watched Oakland at all. I did peak at their schedule, and nothing impressive there that I recall.

Reactions: TheDude73
Except Auburn, Alabama, UNC, UConn, Purdue, Houston, dUKe, Fl, Marq, etc.

Other than them?

You can get your hopes up for a UK loss all you want!

We’re FF bound.

Your St. John’s team might make the NIT FF. So you have that.
You gonna self ban for 6 months if they don’t make a FF?

Oakland's stat leader in everything is Trey Townsend - a junior; 6'6", 228 lbs.
He went for 38 points and 11 rebounds in their win in the league championship game.
Made 12 of 22 from the filed - did not attempt a 3pt shot. Made 14 of 18 free throws.
Who do we have that can keep Townsend from going for 38 and 11 against us ?
I would put Thiero (6'8") on him ... but I'd also plan to get 5 fouls out of Burks (6'8") playing D against Townsend, too.

Oakland sucks . They lost every game they played good competition this year 0-5 only 1 game was close

“South Carolina sucks. Their best win is against Grand Canyon”

“Gonzaga doesn’t have a single quad 1 win yet. This is by far Fews worst team. They might not make the tournament”

“UNCW just lost to East Carolina and lost to Appalachian State by 30”

They definitely don’t have the look of a trendy 14 seed with upset potential. They look underwhelming for a 14. Honestly they don’t look like a 14 to me at all. Guys show up in the right mindset and we should win pretty comfortably.
With all the tourney upsets, seeds different toward the bottom this year

Reactions: VAWildcat15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT