ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Oakland live this week

Except Auburn, Alabama, UNC, UConn, Purdue, Houston, dUKe, Fl, Marq, etc.

Other than them?

You can get your hopes up for a UK loss all you want!

We’re FF bound.

Your St. John’s team might make the NIT FF. So you have that.
This is the dumbest post I've read on here this weekend. And that's saying something.

Townsend will get 30. He’s that good. Gotta keep their 2 strong 3 point shooters from getting hot.
We defend 3 point shooters well when our guys are with the shooters at the three point line. We get hurt when (a) the Wade Taylors and Boots Radfords break our guards down off the dribble and a perimeter defender leaves his man to help, and (b) we give up an offensive rebound that gets kicked out to an open shooter. Our guards will be able to stay in front of Oakland's guards and we will hold them to fewer than 10 offensive boards.

Live in Indy area and always attend the Horizon semis and final game. Saw Oakland play twice. They will offer some resistance. Have a great 3 pt shooter and an inside guy who is versatile.
Did they play their goofy zone? I could see it giving teams problems due to its always changing formation.

I’ve watched them a couple times this year just to see the confusion it causes.

Oakland is actually pretty bad. Here are some notable games from their schedule (both good and bad):

Lost at then 25 Illinois 64-53 (early season).

Lost to Drake at home 85-77

Barely won vs. LMU (no idea who they are), Marshall and Xavier

Lost 98-77 to some school called Purdue FW, at home.

Lost by a point at home to Toledo.

Lost by 17, 79-62 at Michigan State.

Blown out by Dayton at home 91-67.

Beaten by Cleveland St, 75-67.

Lost at Green Bay 69-59.

Lost at Northern KY 99-89 after beating them earlier 70-65 at home.

Lost at home to Wright St, 96-75 (blowout)

They are #137 on KenPom overall; 135th in offense and 165th in defense.

They are #126 on the NET with a 1-5 Quad 1 record and a pretty bad 7-6 Quad 3 record.

I don't think we need to worry about Oakland. They have no surprise wins.
Sounds like a UNC Wilmington-caliber team.

I'm not gonna sweat Oakland.

COULD they upset us? Yes. Crazy upsets happen every year. I have a lot of double digit seeds pulling off upsets. But we should handle Oakland.

We can't stop anyone. Neither can Oakland. Their defense is ranked 165 on Kenpom. Ours is 108.
Their offense is ranked 135. Ours is 5th.

We get killed from 3 when opposing guards break us down off the dribble. We KNOW Oakland wants to shoot it from 3. Make them beat us at the basket. We were able to win with that strategy vs Alabama. I don't know why we can't win using it vs Oakland.

if we don't score at least 100pts we will lose- Ky will give up at least 90pts to Oakland.
Defense is nonexistent. you may as well only play 4 when defending and leave 1 guy on other side of court. so, if you get the rebound just push the ball to him to make an easy bucket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT