ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday CBB games on TV including AU at UT, Bama at Ole Miss, & USC at TAMU

So Cal was crowing about not calling timeout last night but in the A&M game Cal did not call timeout and we turned the ball over in a last shot situation just like last night. So dumb to crow about that stuff either you call a TO or you don't but one or the other isn't some magical better way to do it. You win some and lose some that way. Had we not turned it over maybe we win that one.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
This makes no sense. If Auburn won tonight they likely finish 14-4 and Cats have no shot to catch them.
What games are the couple Auburn games you see them losing ?

They have 3 games left

Home to Miss State
At Missouri
Home to Georgia
I see them losing more than I see UT losing anymore but maybe us.

How did we lose to A&M? They are terrible.
I know, they have a pretty major injury and we’re kinda hot, of course like usual they implode after that HUGE KY W! Hoping they could pull it out and get to OT but they let a fairly easy layup for the loss. Looked like us kinda.

Again I ask which games do you see Auburn losing the rest of the season ?

Home to Miss State
At Missouri
Home to Georgia
I don’t see them losing any but maybe Miss State, that puts them at 6 losses, Tennessee only has 3 and so does Bama so who does you see UT losing to even get to 5 other than us? In the end to have a shot to win the SEC UT has to lose some games, I’d have rather banked on Miss State beating Auburn to get them to 5 losses rather than hoping UT loses 2 of the last 3 games. They do play Bama so one will lose a game and possible South Carolina but they are rolling.

I don’t see them losing any but maybe Miss State, that puts them at 6 losses, Tennessee only has 3 and so does Bama so who does you see UT losing to even get to 5 other than us? In the end to have a shot to win the SEC UT has to lose some games, I’d have rather banked on Miss State beating Auburn to get them to 5 losses rather than hoping UT loses 2 of the last 3 games. They do play Bama so one will lose a game and possible South Carolina but they are rolling.

UT plays at Alabama and I expect them to lose.

AU isn't UK...they don't lose multiple home games in a season.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Auburn and Florida both have only 1 home loss this year.

That is pretty impressive for Kentucky to get those 2 road wins when no other team all year has beat them at their place.

This year Kentucky was great in true road games 6-3 with 2 losses being LSU at the buzzer and A&M in OT.

The home is where Kentucky was hurt this year losing 3 games they had no business losing especially UNCW and Florida (not because Florida isn't good but because Cats had it won with a FT or fouling up 3) and to a weak Gonzaga team.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Ole Miss bricks the front end and then lane violation on a Bama miss FT and they get the point on the redo.

No chance Ole Miss wins this

That nate oates technical was weak as hell
You probably could have justified it going to the timeout when he was close to putting a finger in the ref’s chest if not actually touching him. Once they swallowed the whistle and everything seemed back to normal, it unfortunately seemed to be a bit of a showboating ref to hit him for seemingly doing nothing right out of the break though.

Yeah, probably means UK is playing on Thursday n sec tournament. Epic. Lol not.
I do not think Kentucky wins at Tennessee but if Kentucky won out they hold tie breaker over Auburn so I think they would be a top 4 seed unless there is some 3 way tie that they lose.

If they win 2 but then lose to Tennessee tonight results didn't help greatly since Auburn would need to choke at home or lose at winless Missouri or South Carolina would need to lose their last 3 games or Bama lose their last 3)

Really needed South Carolina to have lost tonight that was the key game that gave Kentucky hope even with a loss at Tennessee.

Just win out and Kentucky avoids Thursday

I do not think Kentucky wins at Tennessee but if Kentucky won out they hold tie breaker over Auburn so I think they would be a top 4 seed unless there is some 3 way tie that they lose.

If they win 2 but then lose to Tennessee tonight results didn't help greatly since Auburn would need to choke at home or lose at winless Missouri or South Carolina would need to lose their last 3 games or Bama lose their last 3)

Really needed South Carolina to have lost tonight that was the key game that gave Kentucky hope even with a loss at Tennessee.

Just win out and Kentucky avoids Thursday

I dint either. I hope I'm wrong but just don't feel good about at UT.

Their ninth 100 point game this year if they do it. Their second road SEC game with 100+, most since Florida did it in 2017 (I think). The 96 UK team had two games of 120+ in SEC road games.
They have a decent chance to finish as the top offensive team of the Kenpom Era. The 2015 Wisconsin team currently has the highest.

My mental math has Alabama a smidge under 1.4 PPP for this game. Their Adjusted Offensive efficiency should go up.

I think the most likely scenario now is Kentucky goes 22-9, ends up getting the 5 seed, and either Auburn or scar, most likely scar is the 4 seed

Alabama pulls away from Ole Miss, but I'm still not sold on them. They can score, but they gave up 88 to a garbage Ole Miss offense. Scoring is way up across the board. Like almost every game that Bama wins, the largest lead was the game's final score. Alabama can score 100 on most teams (80-85 possessions), as they tend to score in bunches towards the end of a game (they scored 38 in the last 10 minutes tonight). But against any team with a pulse, they lose. They beat Auburn at home and South Carolina at home. That's it.

They have a decent chance to finish as the top offensive team of the Kenpom Era. The 2015 Wisconsin team currently has the highest.

My mental math has Alabama a smidge under 1.4 PPP for this game. Their Adjusted Offensive efficiency should go up.
How does this Bama team have eight losses, three of which have been by 18+ points in SEC play? Scoring is way up across the board. Illinois put up 105 tonight. Of course, Ole Miss stopped playing defense over the last eight minutes (Bama had a six-point possession with like 5 minutes left to turn a 5-point game into an 11-point game). They had ONE win OOC against a "non-guarantee" opponent. Of course, NET rankings are about running up the score and making the game look worse than it really was. They were up by 5 with 5 minutes to play and won by 15. They were up 1 against LSU with eight minutes to play and won by 17. They were up 3 against Miss State (MSU missed two FT's) with 30 seconds left and won by 8. They lost by only 22 points after trailing by 37 against Kentucky. I was disappointed that Kentucky did not shoot on the last possession. Kentucky could have had 125+ if they didn't slow it down. Alabama is like Oklahoma football in 2008. Great against mediocre to bad teams, but loses to any teams with a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT