ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday CBB games on TV including AU at UT, Bama at Ole Miss, & USC at TAMU

Image-2-28-24-at-12-33-PM.jpg

Love to see the SEC title come down to UT-UK game. Got a lot of variables for that to happen but I got a Pre Season bet on UK to win Title at +600. The LSU and Florida losses really hurt!

So we need to pull for Auburn (I might puke). Ole Miss and A&M tonight.

Also the teams @$Z71$ mentioned.

Man this is a fun time of year

It's crazy what a SOFT schedule the ACC has. Man it must be nice.

Duke has played ONE ranked team since conference play began- UNC.

One. ranked. team.

In nearly 3 months.

Makes me totally sick.

I’m not surprised TAMU is favored but am surprised the spread is 5.

It's crazy what a SOFT schedule the ACC has. Man it must be nice.

Duke has played ONE ranked team since conference play began- UNC.

One. ranked. team.

In nearly 3 months.

Makes me totally sick.

It's weird how when this happened to the SEC (and not even to nearly the same degree as the ACC this year), we had to hear how UK was never proven, our SOS wasn't strong, didn't deserve a seed, etc.

Now, for Duke? Crickets.

Every ACC team that gets in should drop a seed line. Duke is a 3 right now, but should be no higher than a 4.

Cleary we are rooting for Ole Miss but are we rooting for Auburn or Tennessee ?

If we want to try and get a top 4 seed for a double bye then we are rooting for Tennessee.

If we rather try and win the league championship then we are rooting for Auburn but it could possibly cost us a top 4 seed should we lose at Tenneessee.

If only we had won vs Florida (or geez had we won vs Florida and LSU both) we would be either tied for 1st or 1 game back.

Auburn’s Williams, injured in the loss to us, playing tonight. Way too much orange on the court tonight. My eyes hurt.

So, we need Tennessee to win tonight

Then need Bama and our Cats to beat Tennessee

Then need Bama to lose to two of Ole Miss, Florida, and Arkansas.

Need TAMU and Miss St to beat USC

Florida to lose to to Missouri or Vandy

That would create a 4 way tie for 1st place with the Cats, Bama, Tennessee. and Auburn.

Then this would happen:

A. Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example:Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2- 2 and Team C is 1-3 – Team A would be seeded highest,Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).B. Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the highest seeded commonopponent (and proceeding through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).C. If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.D. If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

Anyone care to double check this lol

Oh and it only matters if UK wins all 3 of these last 3 games

Reactions: Smashcat
Duke is most likely going to win out (at NC St could be tricky) and get a 2 seed.

But sure, a 4 seed for a 6 loss team, some 2 seeds right now have 7 losses, makes absolute sense.
Not all wins and losses are created equal. If they were, we would have no use for the NET, Kenpom, etc.

But you know that.

Gonzaga only has 6 losses. Should they be a 2 seed too? They play two ranked opponents in conference play just like Duke.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Duke is most likely going to win out (at NC St could be tricky) and get a 2 seed.

But sure, a 4 seed for a 6 loss team, some 2 seeds right now have 7 losses, makes absolute sense.

Dude- your team has played 1 ranked team in the last 3 months.

The ACC is a joke.

South Florida only has 5 losses, they should probably be a 2 seed too in that case.

Your schedule is a total cakewalk and you have lost to (I think) at least 3, maybe FOUR teams that are not projected to make the NCAA tournament. We have only lost 1 game like that, AND our non-conference was more difficult.

If Duke had played our schedule, 10 losses guaranteed.

It would help us if Auburn could beat UT and then UT bouncing back by beating Alabama. Of course,
that's a perfect world scenario. Perfect if you're a UK fan anyway.

We are also fighting Auburn for the 3/4 line the rest of the way so them winning tonight hurts that as well.

I miss the days of cruising to a #1 seed and not having to worry about what other teams did.

It would help us if Auburn could beat UT and then UT bouncing back by beating Alabama. Of course,
that's a perfect world scenario. Perfect if you're a UK fan anyway.
We don't know if that would help. We are fighting Auburn for a 3/4 NCAA seed as well as we are fighting everyone for SEC seeding. It only helps if we can also win out.

Reactions: oldpatriotgolfer
We don't know if that would help. We are fighting Auburn for a 3/4 NCAA seed as well as we are fighting everyone for SEC seeding. It only helps if we can also win out.
Well of course I'm counting on us to win out. :)

Cleary we are rooting for Ole Miss but are we rooting for Auburn or Tennessee ?

If we want to try and get a top 4 seed for a double bye then we are rooting for Tennessee.

If we rather try and win the league championship then we are rooting for Auburn but it could possibly cost us a top 4 seed should we lose at Tenneessee.

If only we had won vs Florida (or geez had we won vs Florida and LSU both) we would be either tied for 1st or 1 game back.

If Auburn wins tonight we have almost 0 shot to catch them. They will finish 14 and 4.

So all of the metrics say Duke is slightly better than Kentucky and would be a 3.5 point favorite on a neutral floor. But Duke would have 2 more losses than Kentucky has?

I would love to play you.

Here is a little video on your flawed "metrics"- I don't really much care what the metrics say, we would kick Duke's ass.

You have played nobody all year except UNC, who you got whipped by, and we whipped them.

Reactions: celtikat33
So all of the metrics say Duke is slightly better than Kentucky and would be a 3.5 point favorite on a neutral floor. But Duke would have 2 more losses than Kentucky has?
I hope we match up in the tournament. Duke would have zero answer for our offense. We'd hang 100+ and it'd be embarrassing for Duke. I hope it happens.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
This game is stupid.

Both teams look like they are trying to foul on purpose with some of these fouls.

But they still whine about every call.

Arizona and Baylor are pretty good. Arkansas was supposed to be good but they pooped the bed.
Ken-Pom has Duke at 8 and Kentucky at 17, is that flawed too?

I mean year- all metrics are flawed. But let's take Kenpom- in the last 6 games, Kentucky is 4th in Kenpom, Duke is 33rd. Whoops. Guess that means if we laced them up right now we'd win comfortably, right? METRICSSSS YAYYYY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT