ADVERTISEMENT

We can still win the SEC and it isn't a stretch now...

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
Current standings:

Bama 10-2
Tenn 9-3
USC 9-4
Auburn 9-4
UK 8-4
Florida 8-4

We SHOULD win LSU, Ms St, Vandy, Arkansas. Hold court at Rupp vs Bama (we are due) and it all may come down to UT on the road.

Bama still has us, @Miss, Tenn, @ Florida

Tenn still has us, Auburn, @Bama, @USC

USC is fading and has multiple road games, TAM, Miss, MST, plus Tenn at home

Florida has Bama twice and at USC

Might get slammed for this but I’m not worried about the SEC regular season. That ship has sailed for now. I hope we keeping winning enough to get that double bye for SEC tournament. More worried about the bigger picture after that..

I'm gonna selfishly hope we end up as the 2 or 3 seed. I'm driving down from near Nashville to North of Mobile that day.

Will be at hotel for night games. If we stay the 5 seed I'm gonna be driving when we play. Ugh.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I said this in another thread, but we have the most talented in the conference. Youth and other factors may hold us back from winning it but I wouldn’t be surprised if they won the rest of our regular season games. I also wouldn’t be shocked if we lose more games that we shouldn’t lose either. We’ll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Hopefully we build from this win and play good from now on

Win the next five. Lose at UT. Win the SECT. Finish 26-8.

That would give us a 2/3 seed. Puncher’s chance.

How is it not a stretch? We would need Alabama to lose twice and we would have to win out.

Bama will lose twice, including once to UK but UT won't be enough. Think we can snag 3 seed though behind bama and UT.

Reactions: CGblue
Current standings:

Bama 10-2
Tenn 9-3
USC 9-4
Auburn 9-4
UK 8-4
Florida 8-4

We SHOULD win LSU, Ms St, Vandy, Arkansas. Hold court at Rupp vs Bama (we are due) and it all may come down to UT on the road.

USC blew a 16 point lead tonight and lost by 1 to LSU. We have to beat Bama.

For sure, next week is huge. LSU are frisky but Kentucky should beat them, and then bama at home, Kentucky needs a big win at home, and that’s the game to get it
I'm kinda worried about LSU. Classic trap game sandwiched between two big Sat games. Similar to UF, and they always seem to play us tough in Baton Rouge.

Optimistically though, we didn't have a great shooting night tonight, so hopefully we light it up on Wed. Also would be nice to get Mitchell back.

the game IMO that worries me ( really there is only 1 left as I feel reallllly good about the UT game ) is Bama at Rupp. If it was on the road I would feel better but we got them at home . IF we win next saturday I believe we win out and I believe we win the SECT. WHo knows if we win a peice of SEC regular season but at that point I wouldn't care. I just want to be a 2 or 3 seed . Just a big difference between that and a 4 or 5 seed ( where we are now ) .

Reactions: Fox2monk
2 seed is impossible now......... if we are 26-8 most likely we will be a 4 seed.

I don't know if it is impossible, but I think the only way we get it is to win out through Saturday at SECT. They don't look at Sunday results, so would have to win out from here on.

That would give us wins over 4 of Top 10 Ken Pom, 3 of which would have come in the final month of season. Plus the Saturday game of SECT would likely be another quad 1. We would have at minimum 6 Q1 wins at that point and would be on a 10 game winning streak at 26-7.

Should've won that freaking Florida game...oh and for that matter the Tennessee home game but we were too busy doing anything other than playing ANY defense. Like Cal and the players should be ashamed forever of what they did without the ball for weeks there. What the hell?

Won't win the SEC this year and those two games I just mentioned are why. Don't lose at Rupp. That's our damn house. Defend it. But NIL-era mercenaries don't take that level of pride in the jersey, court, etc. That's what it comes down to.

Vandy and Arkansas are the only games I am confident to be Ws. We could win any of the other remaining games or lose them. Defense has to continue to improve.

How is it not a stretch? We would need Alabama to lose twice and we would have to win out.

Bama will almost certainly lose twice and probably 3 times tbh (@ Kentucky, @ Ole Miss and @ Florida, the TN game in Tuscaloosa could also do it).

So much needed to shake out- I just want to be the 2 or 3 seed at least in the SEC Tournament.

So if Bama wants to keep winning (besides in Rupp), that's fine with me.

Need South Carolina to fall apart (which I think they will, they won't win some of these tough road games IMO).

Need Florida to drop a couple, and need Auburn and/or Tennessee to drop a couple.

Idk, so much up in the air.

Win these next 3 (@ LSU, vs. Bama, @ Arkansas) then I feel GREAT.

Lose one of these, it gets tough.

Current standings:

Bama 10-2
Tenn 9-3
USC 9-4
Auburn 9-4
UK 8-4
Florida 8-4

Very tall order my friend but right now is when we want our Cats to start eating everyone they see Winning the Sec and sec tournament could set us up for a run in the tourney

No longer concerned for the SEC Regular season, we just need to get into that 4th spot or better for the Double Bye in Nashville.
Nashville will be nuts and I think we can atleast make it to Saturday, depending on the matchups.
I do like the way we tend to play outside of Rupp, with the game at USC as the only exception. I think our defense has dramatically improved since then.
The Win at Auburn was huge and hopefully a huge confidence boost for the guys. We should all be pretty optimistic at this point. We are trending up!

Go Cats!

Current standings:

Bama 10-2
Tenn 9-3
USC 9-4
Auburn 9-4
UK 8-4
Florida 8-4

When you live in fantasy land.....you never lose....that is in your own mind.

I'm gonna selfishly hope we end up as the 2 or 3 seed. I'm driving down from near Nashville to North of Mobile that day.

Will be at hotel for night games. If we stay the 5 seed I'm gonna be driving when we play. Ugh.
The worst seed is the 3. Plays at 8:30 on Friday night. Next worst is the 2. Plays at 6:00 Friday night. The 1 plays at noon. The 4 plays at 2:30.

UK could run the table potentially and get the regular season title. It won’t be easy, though. I think it’s plausible that Bama loses twice. I feel my Gators could split the series with Bama and I also think UK can beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT