ADVERTISEMENT

We lose in second game if….

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
Our 5 seed is Florida or South Carolina. But I’m not sure they can do that to us.

The other 5 seeds are Whisky and BYU. Neither poses a real issue if we play the right players. I know. It’s a long shot. Whisky can absolutely beat us if we come out like we did Friday. Winning two games is not going to be easy.

Our 5 seed is Florida or South Carolina. But I’m not sure they can do that to us.

The other 5 seeds are Whisky and BYU. Neither poses a real issue if we play the right players. I know. It’s a long shot. Whisky can absolutely beat us if we come out like we did Friday. Winning two games is not going to be easy.
I thought after the 86 dance when we faced LSU for the fourth time that season the ncaa said you can't face a team from your conference in the dance....???

Kitten-plays-with-peacock.gif

I'm afraid of any team that we might overlook and not be locked in for. Locked in, we can beat anyone. Come out flat and it's over

Reactions: UK67KU59
We lose in the second game if..... we win the first one. Too inconsistent. Cal has not coached this program in several years. He got lazy, the game got passed him a bit and has had a hard time catching up at both ends of the court.

Reactions: Jont0805
Mcneese st scares me a lot more than Vermont does
I'm assuming we're a 4 so I'm really hoping McNeese gets a 12 so we avoid them. But yes, they'd be more problematic than Vermont. Part of my is worried about Vermont because I have family that works at the UVM medical center and if we lose I'll never hear the end of it.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
You can't worry about a game you may never play in. Only can control what is in front of you.

Does this Tournament matter to Cal? Or is it a bother to have to travel and play outside of SEC region? Just asking because everything seems to be a bother for him lately. It's so rough coaching basketball as a multimillionaire who has a private jet at his whim. Oh the trials and frustrations of having to do that job. **** me.

I thought after the 86 dance when we faced LSU for the fourth time that season the ncaa said you can't face a team from your conference in the dance....???
I know they won't do that in first round, maybe 2nd.. but after that (S16, EE) no restrictions.

Reactions: ruppcat
You can't worry about a game you may never play in. Only can control what is in front of you.

Does this Tournament matter to Cal? Or is it a bother to have to travel and play outside of SEC region? Just asking because everything seems to be a bother for him lately. It's so rough coaching basketball as a multimillionaire who has a private jet at his whim. Oh the trials and frustrations of having to do that job. **** me.
Who's going to let the dogs out?

We lose in the second game if..... we win the first one. Too inconsistent. Cal has not coached this program in several years. He got lazy, the game got passed him a bit and has had a hard time catching up at both ends of the court.
Oh good point. I didn’t think of it that way. But I can see us losing to anyone that has good guards and is patient. That is probably any 12 seed and most 5 seeds.

If our opponent has any way a solid front court that's physical and can rebound. Physical back courts won't help either.

The hope here is that our first two teams likely won't have this.

Last edited:
If pigs fly.

Y’all can hope for a loss all you want.

It’s not happening.

Does your team not have a website?

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
We lose any game where the team we face has enough talent to execute its coach's game plan against us. Because we won't have one. I wish that wasn't the case.

Jones from KSR things we go to Spokane now. I wanted uk in Pittsburgh but they blew it, I also like playing the first round on Thursday/saturday, so I can enjoy the Friday and Sunday games

If our opponent has any way a solid front court that's physical and can rebound. Physical back courts won't help either.

The hope here is that our first two teams likely won't have this.
Outside the SEC I think “physical” teams are probably pretty limited because those conferences have refs that won’t stand for it.

Only possible two teams I’ve read about that are physical and not in the SEC are Houston and ISU. UCONN might be in that group as well given their defensive ranking.

But of course those are all high seeds that we won’t face until perhaps the second weekend (assuming they move on). I’ve no real idea about seeds we will face the first weekend until the brackets come out, upon which time we will all be analyzing to death for any trait like an SEC team. There will be a lot of people picking away at why we will lose and a lot picking out things that mean we win. Either way, the next few days around here are going to be miserable.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

We are fully capable of beating either one.

We may lose the 1st game depending on who it is, we all know we are going to be down 10 points before we bring in our true elite guards. Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I’ve seen in sports……..all year except for when dj was injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT