ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner Deserved More Minutes That Half

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
Wagner kept us in the game early and was playing well.

I like Rob and Reed coming off the bench, but Reed struggled. Rob bailed us out when he went on his heater.

I really like our 4 guards and want to see 3 of them in the game 90% of the game. But, the 3 guards that deserve the most minutes are the three that are playing best.

Wagner (unless still dealing with ankle) deserved more minutes. (BTW- I’m a huge Reed fan, but want to see us win more than I want to see my favs get minutes!)

He’s playing well. This is why we can’t throw any of these guys away. They are all talented so it could be anybody’s night and they are all capable of rescuing the team on any given night

Reactions: bballcat4
He was certainly playing great .. but we don’t have a single G that can keep vandy’s shitty PG from getting where ever he wants ..he must be another guy that gives extra effort Vs us
I agree regarding our guard’s defense.

I thought DJ also played the best defense that half. He still gets beat, but at least he rides their hip and hopes Ugo comes over.

Rob looks like he jumps out of position on every defensive possession.But, that man can get on a heater in a hurry.

It’ll be interesting to see how the guards play this next half.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Did you peep his defense OP? It was once again brutal. He left guys wide open for three, he went for the fake and gave up wide-open mid range jumpers, and he got beat to the cup again.
At this point you’re just a hater. You will never give him credit for anything because you have chosen this hill to die on.

Oh and by the way, none of our guards can stay in front of the ball. Not a single one.

Dude, why the sarcasm?

None of our guards played good defense the first half. DJ probably played the best of the 3 (not including Reeves).

You sound angry because he played well.
DJ makes Cincy look bad when he plays well. It embarrasses him. He’s been shitting on Wagner since day 1 and it’s too late to walk it back now. So he will just downplay Wagner’s good play

Dude, why the sarcasm?

None of our guards played good defense the first half. DJ probably played the best of the 3 (not including Reeves).

Guy hates Cal so much he also hates who he perceives to be Cal’s favorites (DJ, Edwards, Bradshaw) by extension.

Wagner has played really well the last couple games, but Cincy will never, ever acknowledge it.

DJ makes Cincy look bad when he plays well. It embarrasses him. He’s been shitting on Wagner since day 1 and it’s too late to walk it back now. So he will just downplay Wagner’s good play
I’ve never understood why a fan rips any player, then doesn’t want to see them play well.

Players, at times, have caused me to want to throw my remote through the tv. But, I’m happy when they play well.

Wagner has played very well the last few games and I just thought he deserved more first half minutes.

I’ve never understood why a fan rips any player, then doesn’t want to see them play well.

Players, at times, have caused me to want to throw my remote through the tv. But, I’m happy when they play well.

Wagner has played very well the last few games and I just thought he deserved more first half minutes.
Some people care more about being vindicated by strangers on a message board than they care about seeing their team do well. It’s weird. At the end of the day nobody cares about our predictions or our opinions on here.

Dj is really coming on lately. Getting over ankle injury and looks more comfortable on the court. Not forcing drives as he was earlier. We have 4 good guards - nice advantage going into UT and the tournaments coming up.

Wish Justin had played a lot more. Started season slowly and got undeserved minutes IMO. Last 5 games or so seems to have adjusted and playing well. Why didn’t he play in the 2nd half? Mitchell did not do anything but get Edwards minutes. Know CCC is trying to get him back to form, but if is not playing well, get Adou and Justin in the game.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Know CCC is trying to get him back to form, but if is not playing well, get Adou and Justin in the game.
Saw Thiero sub himself out a couple times and he looked uncomfortable on the bench. I hope the back is not an issue. Seems like Thiero provides a few tough offensive rebounds each game at critical times in the game. We’ll need those beginning next week!

He had a good game, but man that backing himself up across the halfcourt line was really bad. I don't know what was worse that or Morgan Newton sacking himself while backpedaling?

He had a good game, but man that backing himself up across the halfcourt line was really bad. I don't know what was worse that or Morgan Newton sacking himself while backpedaling?
My son is 11 years old and has been playing for a few years and I haven’t even seen that happen in his games.

I absolutely give credit to Wagner for finally hitting some shots of the last two games, but a lead guard he is not, and never will be.

He will be watching Reed and Dillingham from an NBA or G-League bench in a few months. I wish he would spend more time watching those guys from the bench now.

Reactions: KyCatFan

I like Rob and Reed coming off the bench, but Reed struggled. Rob bailed us out when he went on his heater.

I really like our 4 guards and want to see 3 of them in the game 90% of the game. But, the 3 guards that deserve the most minutes are the three that are playing best.

Wagner (unless still dealing with ankle) deserved more minutes. (BTW- I’m a huge Reed fan, but want to see us win more than I want to see my favs get minutes!)
Wagner has been balling out. I am so happy he’s coming back along really nicely.

Saw Thiero sub himself out a couple times and he looked uncomfortable on the bench. I hope the back is not an issue. Seems like Thiero provides a few tough offensive rebounds each game at critical times in the game. We’ll need those beginning next week!
He’s the only one who dunks a miss! Idk why our 7 footers can’t do it. Ugo blocks himself on a layup attempt, Bradshaw always gets fouled or misses, at least he battled for misses tonight though. Z does occasionally but not on a follow.

As far as injuries:
DJ is all the way back now.
Thiero is all the way back.
Z is all the way back (not injury related)
Ugo is all the way back.
Bradshaw is close with a breakout Arkansas game last weekend.
Mitchell still has some work to do.

Last edited:
Meh, shit happens, he played well.
I was a bad play, but I thought the rule was that the ball had to over the line. The ball wasn’t close. Irregardless, it was a bad play.

Reed has had some crazy bad passes when we are trying to close out games. But he had double digit assists for the game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I was a bad play, but I thought the rule was that the ball had to over the line. The ball wasn’t close. Irregardless, it was a bad play.

Reed has had some crazy bad passes when we are trying to close out games. But he had double digit assists for the game.
I guess it’s treated just like out of bounds, half court is the boundary so stepping on it when the opponent hadn’t tipped it is a turnover.

I guess it’s treated just like out of bounds, half court is the boundary so stepping on it when the opponent hadn’t tipped it is a turnover.
Okay, I just looked it up. You are right.

Both feet AND the ball must cross half court before being considered over the half court line. After the ball crosses half court, then the line is treated like other boundaries.

As far as injuries:
DJ is all the way back now.
Thiero is all the way back.
Z is all the way back (not injury related)
Ugo is all the way back.
Bradshaw is close with a breakout Arkansas game last weekend.
Mitchell still has some work to do.
I think I saw where Thiero has a broken thumb.

IF , his ankle isn’t 100% it would be wise to limit his minutes some . But I have no idea if that is a factor.

Dude, why the sarcasm?

Oh, they come at people that way. All the time. And this person hates DJ. And this person knows nothing about bball except how to sh*t on it.

It is best to ignore them.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Wagner’s hitch in his shot is gone. He or someone else fixed it. His release/follow through has always been fine. Now he’s smoothed out the mechanics of getting to that point.

Shows how great Reed has been playing when he “struggles“ with stats of 8 points, 4 rebounds, and 11 assists! Agree that this was not one of his better games but not a poor game by any means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT