ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on Wagner and Edwards

Wagner - Will not play
Edwards - To give it a go (not that it matters)

I don’t feel good about this game, hopefully I’m wrong but not having Wagner will hurt us again. Reed cannot play the full game again tonight, he was gassed at the end of Florida.

Will need a healthy dose of Thiero and Edwards at the SF spot tonight- hopefully more Thiero.

That should give the 3 guards a break/rest.

Think we might see Cal go 2 bigs a bit more tonight with how thin we are in the backcourt, might see some Ugo/Bradshaw or Ugo/Z lineups.

Will need a healthy dose of Thiero and Edwards at the SF spot tonight- hopefully more Thiero.

Think we might see Cal go 2 bigs a bit more tonight with how thin we are in the backcourt, might see some Ugo/Bradshaw or Ugo/Z lineups.
I do not want to see two 7 footers at once.

Derailed by injuries. Same as always.
Not all injuries. Derailed by a program that doesn’t have strong leadership and lets the patients run the insane asylum.

We’ve had a ton of “I/my camp choose when I play” situations that have been covered up by “injuries”.

Injuries are normal. The drama we’ve had for the last 5 years is not. Not playing a single game with a full roster or having a different player sit out every other game is not.

Need huge nights from Shep, Reeves, and Dillingham. But I think the biggest key is Mitchell. he plays like he did against UF, no chance. He has to make shots and take some pressure off the guards. If he can get 14/7, we have a chance. Turnovers have to be below 10, D up and hope UT is not hitting. They are not a great shooting team. Play hard, know your assignments, go after every loose ball. We will NOT beat UT playing "Too cool for school", going 80%. All out effort from EVERYBODY that gets in the game. Act like you want it more than the other team, not thinking you can just "show up" and win.

This might seem like a stupid comment but isn't Joey Hart someone who could give us a few minutes tonight?
I seriously don't know about his skill set other than he can shoot lights out.
I saw him play some in the preseason and he didn't look bad.
IDK.

Thoughts?

Ugo/z please. Ugo/bradshaw on the court together is so typical cal because it’s such a bad idea.

A 15-6 record would look absolutely awful with this much talent.

How can fans defend Calipari at this point? We still have a few fans who seem to have zero expectation for excellence and are merely "along for the ride."

We could all name them.

Need huge nights from Shep, Reeves, and Dillingham. But I think the biggest key is Mitchell. he plays like he did against UF, no chance. He has to make shots and take some pressure off the guards. If he can get 14/7, we have a chance. Turnovers have to be below 10, D up and hope UT is not hitting. They are not a great shooting team. Play hard, know your assignments, go after every loose ball. We will NOT beat UT playing "Too cool for school", going 80%. All out effort from EVERYBODY that gets in the game. Act like you want it more than the other team, not thinking you can just "show up" and win.

Hope somebody else gets to take the 5 threes he jacks. He should shoot a couple a game but not 5. But he's playing for himself at this point and trying to showcase his outside shot.

This might seem like a stupid comment but isn't Joey Hart someone who could give us a few minutes tonight?
I seriously don't know about his skill set other than he can shoot lights out.
I saw him play some in the preseason and he didn't look bad.
IDK.

Thoughts?
I would think in a pinch he could certainly spell a guard for a few minutes. He is probably like shep when it comes to playing fundamentally sound. Not saying he would be as good but he can certainly shoot. I would not mind seeing him get a little run if needed. Not happening though. He will transfer next year to a smaller school, maybe someone in the Missouri valley and I predict he will do fine.

I would think in a pinch he could certainly spell a guard for a few minutes. He is probably like shep when it comes to playing fundamentally sound. Not saying he would be as good but he can certainly shoot. I would not mind seeing him get a little run if needed. Not happening though. He will transfer next year to a smaller school, maybe someone in the Missouri valley and I predict he will do fine.
One thing for sure, his defense can't be any worse than the other guards we put on the floor

I said this on Twitter and I was ripped to shreds. People can’t do math apparently. If we drop this game tonight we will be outside of the top 20, with some tough road trips ahead. Even LSU and Vandy will be tough for this team.
I agree. Because @ auburn and @ Tennessee are guaranteed losses, @state and @lsu are like the texas A&M and scar games. And all the home games are ones Kentucky should win but Kentucky doesn’t protect home court like they used to do

Believe it when I see it. He's shown no signs so far at all. Just be good to have him for depth tonight.
The last thing we need is Edwards thinking he needs to score. Unless you like a lot of ill times long two point jumpers early in the shot clock. Has he fininshed at the rim a single time. We better pray that Adou shows out tonight.

Reactions: ORCAT
Honestly, if this team can’t make it to at least the Sweet 16 — it’s in the running for most disappointing team of the Calipari era. I’m throwing out the Covid year, I never once thought that team had a chance. I guess 2022 is the clubhouse leader, but Grady/TyTy were gimpy and they were never going to overcome that. But this team, with all these future draft picks? Unacceptable.

• Sad
Reactions: WildcatFan60
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT