ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on Wagner and Edwards

Maybe, but I'm fine if he doesn't play a minute of the Tennessee game. That's not the matchup that's going to get him going, and instead, it's the type of game where his -12 in 10 minutes of play could give us the loss. We need to play very smart today. Not biting pump fakes, not getting caught watching the ball handler too much, making the right passes, etc.

Lost just fine the last game without him.

Won at Florida with him.

Thanks Ryan for your input...
So you endorse lying about someone? that's pretty sh*tty of you

at least Matt corrected himself on twitter ... . I dont hate Matt like all of you, I have blasted him about stupid opinons he has in the past. but I'll take up for him when this massive hate agenda against him is at a level unwarranted . Every UK person has reported a wrong rumor at some point, and they dont get this hate agenda against them..

Last edited:
So we get to play the guys everyone wanted starting more. Time to win a damn game.
Yeah, but when Sheppard gets tired, he doesn’t have Sheppard coming in to give a break like Wagner did. Expecting Sheppard to play 45 minutes like last game and be the primary ball handler pretty much all if it and guard their best player and play man to man the whole time. Idk what you or Calipari expects from him.

Last edited:
Basically these one and dones are encouraged to sit out when they are not 100% so not to hurt their draft stock. Complete bunch of pu$$ies. No heart. No drive to win at all costs. Kentucky is just a pit stop on the way to NBA.
Players that are hurt should not play. They need to heal so they can be useful when healthy.

Lost just fine the last game without him.

Won at Florida with him.
Well players do need a break so he does provide depth. Barely won with him and barely lost without him. So yeah he does make a little bit of a difference but not as great as you think. Florida’s starting back court actually scored more in the first game that DJ played in and that game was only 40 minutes. Their coach made better adjustments than Cal plus their big guy, Tyrese Samuel had 23 and 13 after only scoring 3 in the first game. But Z can’t play good enough defense. We are definitely a better team when DJ is available. That doesn’t mean he’s better than Sheppard at the point but it does help players get rest.

Reactions: UKortho and rob_47
Players that are hurt should not play. They need to heal so they can be useful when healthy.
That's the dilemma, got a sore ankle, OH no, better not play through the discomfort... might affect the play... and draft stock.

Yeah, this will be a UT blowout. Will be similar to the USC loss in 2014, the low point of the season (hopefully).

Knecht is going to go bonkers and Cats will trail the entire game. UT by 12-15
This could age as well as your prediction that Big Z wouldn’t play in his first game “unless it was a blowout”.

Last edited:
Not sure we have strong enough players for this to be a war. A shootout maybe but UK players are soft. Just like their coach.
There have been games where UT looked like crap- recently. We have a real shot here, and I personally think we have a chance. Don’t see a blowout but I have been wrong before. Pretty excited since we have a chance to right the ship a little.

There have been games where UT looked like crap- recently. We have a real shot here, and I personally think we have a chance. Don’t see a blowout but I have been wrong before. Pretty excited since we have a chance to right the ship a little.
Yes we have to hope their shots aren’t falling. Opposing teams seem to shoot well in Rupp. Our defense is not very good and Barnes seems to have his friend’s number. Let’s hope our shots are falling and the Cats don’t miss crucial FTs like Dillingham did against UF and Mitchell show up. Can’t say I am expecting a W even in Rupp where I have always expected a W.

Reactions: UKortho
I do not think so. He was signed for the exact reason he is not playing. He is a project and multi year player (4 years IF he sticks around and understands he will not play much until Jr. / Sr. year) He was never thought of as a player who would contribute right away, we signed him when we needed bodies. He is too slow and has not showed he has the offensive ability to off set his defensive flaws. The other guys can at least score, but a guy who has not shown anything on either side of the court is a liability. I know he has not had much of an opportunity to showcase his skills, but the coaches have watched every day in practice. If he can not shine in practice against token defense, he is not going to in real game time. JMO, but he has not shown me anything to suggest he deserves minutes. I think in a couple years he CAN, but as a freshman ? Tough to do, especially somewhere like UK with the pressure that comes with it.
Valid points. Clears it up for me. Hopefully he gets a chance or gets a good opportunity elsewhere.

I do not think so. He was signed for the exact reason he is not playing. He is a project and multi year player (4 years IF he sticks around and understands he will not play much until Jr. / Sr. year) He was never thought of as a player who would contribute right away, we signed him when we needed bodies. He is too slow and has not showed he has the offensive ability to off set his defensive flaws. The other guys can at least score, but a guy who has not shown anything on either side of the court is a liability. I know he has not had much of an opportunity to showcase his skills, but the coaches have watched every day in practice. If he can not shine in practice against token defense, he is not going to in real game time. JMO, but he has not shown me anything to suggest he deserves minutes. I think in a couple years he CAN, but as a freshman ? Tough to do, especially somewhere like UK with the pressure that comes with it.
"The coaches have watched every day in practice." Really? Cal said the other day that we don't even scrimmage this time of year didn't he?

Reactions: UKortho
Yeah, but when Sheppard gets tired, he doesn’t have Sheppard coming in to give a break line Wagner did. Expecting Sheppard to play 45 minutes like last game and be the primary ball handler pretty much all if it and guard their best player and play man to man the whole time. Idk what you or Calipari expects from him.
How about giving Burks a more than 25 second shot?

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I do not want to see two 7 footers at once.
Our only chance in March is two seven footers like it or not. So if we don’t see them then you know we re a first weekend out. Mitchell is just too light on the boards and does not defend especially for a grown man.

Not all injuries. Derailed by a program that doesn’t have strong leadership and lets the patients run the insane asylum.

We’ve had a ton of “I/my camp choose when I play” situations that have been covered up by “injuries”.

Injuries are normal. The drama we’ve had for the last 5 years is not. Not playing a single game with a full roster or having a different player sit out every other game is not.
Ccc is just a puppet. Takes orders from handlers. Only way he gets recruits. Then recruit doesn't pan out, they are suddenly injured. Ccc has turned the entire program into a laughing stock full of fraud

What a loser outlook , we may drop this game , but its gonna be a war .. I expect us to win tonight .. we do really well when we try hard .. I think we try hard tonight .
Just a sad statement, should be trying hard every game, not just a chosen few

Reactions: ManitouDan
It’s going to be hard to beat any team without Wagner, Florida proved that. Tennessee is going to be just as hard or harder. If we don’t win tonight, things are going to get bad. We have to protect our home court, we don’t need to let teams even think they can win here, like it used to be.

Reactions: gharding07
I would agree... up until we are without TOO many people. End of the game from Wednesday, we had no DJ or Adou and Dilly was cramping. We had Reed and Reeves for back court and wing options.. that was it.

We almost have SO many banged up bodies, that we may need Edwards regardless of how he's playing.
There are plenty of bodies. There just isn't a coach that knows how to use them. His substitution pattern has always been a joke. Florida had less talent and less bodies but that coach knew how to use them. Ccc is just a joke at all phases of coaching

Reactions: TFCats11
Sometimes I think Cal like having starters out, built in excuse for losing
This is spot on brother. He needs an excuse, the guy is absolutely destroying this program. He doesn’t give two shits about w/l it literally is all about getting these kids drafted it’s as simple as that.

He’s a huge fraud as a bball coach, just horrific bench coach.

This is spot on brother. He needs an excuse, the guy is absolutely destroying this program. He doesn’t give two shits about w/l it literally is all about getting these kids drafted it’s as simple as that.

He’s a huge fraud as a bball coach, just horrific bench coach.
When is your last time you heard or said. “We wouldn’t have won that game without Cal” or “Cal out coached them tonight”. We blame the players but it appears they don’t have a lot of help.

There are plenty of bodies. There just isn't a coach that knows how to use them. His substitution pattern has always been a joke. Florida had less talent and less bodies but that coach knew how to use them. Ccc is just a joke at all phases of coaching

There are plenty of bodies.. until there aren't. If DJ and Adou continue to have nagging injuries.. then we are only an injury or two more away from a total disaster.

I'm also not sure Florida had less bodies. We started the game down two of our top8 guys, then we lost another in Adou and then we lost another with Dilly and cramps. Should we have won regardless? Maybe, we were pretty close WITH all these injuries. But sometimes you have to overcome too many hurdles. This week's game we just had too many in my opinion. Yes, coaching was one. But it's ALWAYS an issue.. yet we still win despite that. This time, just too many guys not available, and therefore too many minutes for the rest. They were gassed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT