ADVERTISEMENT

28 points in 6 minutes. Will Cal continue to go with what works?

I just watched one of those highlight reel clips of the game. The pace was lunatic. Instead of the audio of the announcers from the game the person who made the clip should have played Yakkety Sax. 117=95?

I hope he just attempts the lineup each game and gives them run. Thing about CBB, you can't count on production every game from same player(s) so hope is that they get a chance....but Cal goes with the best guys who are playing well that particular game. That's what depth is actually for-not set minutes guaranteed as much as seeing who is playing well and letting them flow together during the game.

Also exciting to know that you can play similar offensively with Tre Mitchell when he returns (prefer Tre at the 5 spot personally)

Ugo provides more help against physical teams, but he clogs the lane on offense.

Yeah that is the dilemma. Part of me is hoping we continue to see Ugo get more and more acclimated. I think he has a lot of potential. But, hes not there yet to be an offensive piece.

Z's D is deceptive. What looks like lost got 4 blocks and a few turnovers without touching the ball. Even though he looks slow he covers a lot of ground with length. He creates space in the offense when he picks. We scored easily with the motion, he created, with him in the game. It's not close, he is our best option big man going forward. His screen ball hand off creates such a problem for the defense. It opens driving lanes that creates multiple ways to score. Ugo can't create the same problem.
There’s no questioning that Z is our best offensive big man. I also agree with you about his blocks and ability to cover some ground.

If you look at film of previous games, physical big men simply push Z under the goal and the other team scores at will against him or gets offensive rebounds until they score. Big men are in a no win situation when they end up directly under the goal.

Smith for MSU is a grown man. It’ll be interesting to see how Z does against him. I think he’ll get his chances! This game will be a 180 for type of player Z is defending.

What I hope happens with Z is they not only use him like they did against Ala, but have him keep a few of those and attack the basket off the dribble. It could be a race to see who gets in foul trouble first. We haven’t seen it yet, but I think Z can potentially get Smith in foul trouble and I think MSU would be in trouble with Smith on the bench for long stretches of time.

Reactions: tfburke1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT