ADVERTISEMENT

Some Things About The TENN Game of Note

They are fighting for a #1 seed. Don't fool yourself as they will be locked in. They may have more to play for than us in the fact that is this their first # 1 Seed in the NCAA Tourney?
The players have little thot about never having been a #1 seed. Not a factor.

Been giving this some thought lately. Maybe Cal thinks the best chance we have at winning games is to use our insane depth and wear teams down. Then, just simply outscore them in the last 7/8 minutes. Basically keep guys fresh for that last 20% or so of games. I mean, we don’t guard very well. Just a thought.
While watching the Vanderbilt game I thought the same thing. I thought we were playing like crap early but would win even if it’s ugly due to fresher legs. You could tell midway through the second half they lost their legs and their shot. That works when a team tries to run with us and lets us dictate the tempo. Same thing with the Alabama game, they tried to run with us and it didn’t end well for them.
The problem is when we face a team that slows it down and makes us play at their pace. Our defense is so bad they can slow it down and score and it takes away our transition points and makes it a half court game. Thats a game I don’t think we can win and ends our season.

The CHC is just laying groundwork for our win. It will now be because Barnes let us win.
I’m president of the CHC and I think UT will try and beat us as bad as they can. Also think we come ready to play Saturday and will see a much different team than we did last time out for all the reasons the OP mentioned. No idea if we win or not but as long as we play well and don’t get blown out or cal reverts to his PPC (that’s piss poor coaching for those keeping score) then I will Ky be disappointed. March is here and I like my team ( the coach not so much but you knew that already).

Reactions: RunninRichie
Obviously losing by 11 on our home floor wasn't ideal. But they also caught us at a bad time.

1. We didn't have DJ Wagner for that game.
- Would Zeigler have dropped 26 on us if Wagner had played?
- Would Rob & Reed have run out of steam at the end like they did if Wagner was in the rotation as well?

2. We didn't have Big Z either
- We all know we are a different team at this point with him on the floor.

3. Tre Mitchell was AWFUL in this game.
- I mean truly, he was so bad. Hope Thiero/Edwards play the bulk of the minutes at the 4
- Josiah Jordan-James also dropped 26, and so much of that was Mitchell, and Mitchell also butchered every single ball screen coverage so they torched us all night with that.

4. Our substitution pattern was ALL OVER THE PLACE
- This has been cleaned up big time in the last month

5. We have won 3 of the last 4 games in Knoxville

6. A combined 52 points from Zeigler and JJJ was the back-breaker

- Think we'll be a lot more locked in this time on this and think Thiero gets a lot more run at the 4 spot to match JJJ.

And perhaps most importantly...

7. For the FIRST TIME this season, we are playing a team that has beaten us earlier in the year- REVENGE FACTOR
- So for the first time, we will get to see these Cats with revenge on their minds after getting embarrassed- how do they respond? Do they play pissed off?

At the end of the day, NO, I don't think we win this game, BUT I expect this game to be very different from the last one, and it seems no one is talking about the circumstances around the first one as well.
The 1st game The cats, played like wimps. UT played physical like men, after the first 4- 5 minutes of being totally abused by UT, I turned it off. If UK matches UTs physicality tomorrow, they will most likely win. Plus this game we have Wagner and Z.

I’m president of the CHC and I think UT will try and beat us as bad as they can. Also think we come ready to play Saturday and will see a much different team than we did last time out for all the reasons the OP mentioned. No idea if we win or not but as long as we play well and don’t get blown out or cal reverts to his PPC (that’s piss poor coaching for those keeping score) then I will Ky be disappointed. March is here and I like my team ( the coach not so much but you knew that already).
You are not the president of the CHC if you want UK to win.

If you are you will be impeached.

Obviously losing by 11 on our home floor wasn't ideal. But they also caught us at a bad time.

- Would Rob & Reed have run out of steam at the end like they did if Wagner was in the rotation as well?

- I mean truly, he was so bad. Hope Thiero/Edwards play the bulk of the minutes at the 4
- Josiah Jordan-James also dropped 26, and so much of that was Mitchell, and Mitchell also butchered every single ball screen coverage so they torched us all night with that.

- Think we'll be a lot more locked in this time on this and think Thiero gets a lot more run at the 4 spot to match JJJ.

7. For the FIRST TIME this season, we are playing a team that has beaten us earlier in the year- REVENGE FACTOR
- So for the first time, we will get to see these Cats with revenge on their minds after getting embarrassed- how do they respond? Do they play pissed off?

At the end of the day, NO, I don't think we win this game, BUT I expect this game to be very different from the last one, and it seems no one is talking about the circumstances around the first one as well.
Keep the excuses coming.....comical for the "no excuse " program. Performance wins games.... excuses are for losers.

Keep the excuses coming.....comical for the "no excuse " program. Performance wins games.... excuses are for losers.

Which one of those things was an "excuse"? Those are just straight facts. Indisputable facts. They don't justify the loss.

And I still said I think we lose tomorrow.

Clueless post.

This is an example of how far Cal has dragged down UK Basketball. A solid fan like Louis Skunt gives us no chance of winning. I believe our players can overcome the obstacles and win this game.
Only an idiot thinks UK is going to win every game.

I just want to say, you consistently bring interesting things to this board. I appreciate it.

8 ft shooter .

o_O

1*yThWb_jEdsGZqH1OsRZLpw.jpeg

Only an idiot thinks UK is going to win every game.
Please don’t let Cal beat you down. Our guards have the ability and desire to win this game. Reed should have a special incentive to beat Tennessee on their home court, since he was raised in Southern KY. There’s at least a chance our players can rely on their natural born abilities to beat the Vols.

Damn, I would love to win this game. However, I have a bad feeling Knect scores 30 and we lose by 20. Every time we string some wins to build excitement we have a let down game

• Sad
Senior day in Knoxville, with the best UT team they've ever had. We aint winning.
Another reason why our boys can overcome Cal’s coaching and possibly win at Knoxville is Justin Edwards. He has shown signs of maturing his skills in recent games. We at least have a chance to win today.

No Kentucky fan ever roots for Kentucky to lose. Ever. If you do, you are not a Kentucky fan- it's just a fact.
I agree. But there are posters on this very board claiming to be UK fan and wanting UK to lose.

They are not UK fans.

Soooo Uhhhh....turns out today's game was different indeed ;)

40 piece from Knecht? Meant nothing.

We limited Zeigler. We limited JJJ.

Our sub pattern was so much better.

And we matched their physicality, and perhaps even exceeded it.

CATSSSS BABYYYY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT