ADVERTISEMENT

Video: P.J. Washington on UK next year, "I feel like nobody can stop us."

I would rather have talented players who look forward to working hard, improving and gelling with teammates. Like Frank said confidence is key. Yeah we have had confident players before that haven't had the best results but barring foul trouble or cold shooting I think we have a handle now of which rosters are built to succeed and most believe this is one.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Please return to your other bad thread or log off.

Color me optimistic. His game reminds of Patterson but an inch shorter but more athletic. He will be a huge factor in determining how far we go this year.
Oh I get it. You're one of the ones who thinks we'll win every game and a title is inevitable every year.
Anyone with perspective is crazy.

This kid is going to be one of our most talented basketball players on Kentucky's roster. The dude can play some post and outside. I don't know about you guys, but I would much rather hear our players being confident than not. Could you imagine the reaction on here if he said we are going to have to be lucky to win games? The dude is right. Once we gel as a team, we will instantly become a team that is hard to beat.

Reactions: westerncat
Like you bashed Diallo? You got a head start on us then.
Dont act like you weren't aggravated too. If the kid chose the NBA you and the majority would want his head on a platter. I saw all the posts about him using UK and our facilities.

See how he feels after they lose to a few SEC games and the fans start bashing them..

AgainV
Dont act like you weren't aggravated too. If the kid chose the NBA you and the majority would want his head on a platter. I saw all the posts about him using UK and our facilities.

Your facilities ? lol

Just eat your crow , move on and stop being so negative. Like a 14 year old emo kid.

Reactions: Poetax and Mike-D
Last time we had this kind of length we had one of the best teams in college basketball. Love the wing play we have this year. Could see this team to a FF easily

Oh I get it. You're one of the ones who thinks we'll win every game and a title is inevitable every year.
I don't expect us win every game but I do expect us to atleast have a chance in every game. What you said is true some fans think we should win every game which is unfair. I expect atleast 5 or 6 losses in the regular season. In the tournament, anything past a final four this yr will surpass my expectations. I think this team as of right now is an elite 8 team without practice or playing any games yet. I'm not going to label any of our freshmen with outrageous expectations since highschool to college is a tough transition, and it takes some players longer to get it right. Cal is excellent at getting a bunch of threat players to gel together when they have never played one game together before. I fully expect come tourney time this team will gel together and could make a deep run.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Seems like every year one of the incoming freshmen, or a few of them, or all of them make some sort of comment about feeling like they can't be beaten.

Before they've ever played or even had their first real practice together.

See how he feels after they lose to a few SEC games and the fans start bashing them..

What intrigues me about this is all the added playing time guys like Knox, PJ and Diallo are getting with each other and Calipari.. Diallo even more so with last year..

You take any Kentucky team.. you add another year of playing time, and that team is losing 3-4 games MAX. 2010, 2012, 2013.. doesn't matter. Kentucky teams are talented enough to blow the league apart, where they get held up is trying to learn to play together. It's no different than Durant and Golden State struggling a bit at first, before finishing out the season like 25-1.

These guys getting in the extra reps might make a world of difference for Kentucky next season..

I would not be surprised if this team finishes with only 3-4 losses. 4-6 is where I have them right now.

Last edited:
What intrigues me about this is all the added playing time guys like Knox, PJ and Diallo are getting with each other and Calipari.. Diallo even more so with last year..

You take any Kentucky team.. you add another year of playing time, and that team is losing 3-4 games MAX. 2010, 2012, 2013.. doesn't matter. Kentucky teams are talented enough to blow the league apart, where they get held up is trying to learn to play together. It's no different than Durant and Golden State struggling a bit at first, before finishing out the season like 25-1.

These guys getting in the extra reps might make a world of difference for Kentucky next season..

I would not be surprised if this team finishes with only 3-4 losses. 4-6 is where I have them right now.
This team lacks a star. We don't have a Davis, Wall, Knight, Towns or Fox. We've got a good class, but lack an elite. I think Diallo was ranked 8-9? And I guarantee he couldn't hold a candle to Fox or Monk.
I'm not saying we're NIT bound, but I expect 8-10 losses. UK's youngest team with zero super stars = below par since Cal's arrival.
3-4 losses?? Come on...you can't be serious.

"once we gel as a team....."

yeah, i liked his comments.

Confident, but suggest that they have to come together for it to work.

Seems like every year one of the incoming freshmen, or a few of them, or all of them make some sort of comment about feeling like they can't be beaten.

Well the statement that "I don't think anybody can stop us," doesn't mean they will go undefeated, maybe we don't stop anybody either and get out scored and lose. Could happen.

I don't think he said we would win every game, he was actually questioning your perspective and your attitude, which in the past has been mostly negatively by the past posts that I read of yours.

This team lacks a star. We don't have a Davis, Wall, Knight, Towns or Fox. We've got a good class, but lack an elite. I think Diallo was ranked 8-9? And I guarantee he couldn't hold a candle to Fox or Monk.
I'm not saying we're NIT bound, but I expect 8-10 losses. UK's youngest team with zero super stars = below par since Cal's arrival.

You want to put up a bet on them having 10 losses, put up or shut up?

Knox, will be the star player.

Reactions: Poetax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT