2021 at Colorado State
2022 at Hawaii
2023 at UNLV
2025 at Virginia Tech
2026 at Colorado State
2027 at Stanford
2028 at NC State
2029 at SMU

We definitely don't need to do this every year. But just once in the next 20 years, I'd like Kentucky not bow down to the almighty dollar, and find a way to travel somewhere outside of the same dozen states.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Not so fast……Is Vandy doing this “for the challenge” or because no one attends home games in Nashville (except for SEC foes), and they get a larger payout from the schools they’re visiting (to travel as a single, one-time, home opponent)?

GBB!

Last edited:
Not so fast……Is Vandy doing this “for the challenge” or because no one attends home games in Nashville (except for SEC foes), and they get a larger payout from the schools they’re visiting (to travel as a single, one-time, home opponent)?

GBB!
I’m guessing this is for a payout. Maybe not this game vs Hawaii but the rest, is for the money. Otherwise they are doing themselves a disservice considering they need every win they can get.

Reactions: NavyCat88
I’m guessing this is for a payout. Maybe not this game vs Hawaii but the rest, is for the money. Otherwise they are doing themselves a disservice considering they need every win they can get.
UNLV, Hawaii, Wake Forest, Va Tech, Colorado State, NC State, SMU, Stanford and Purdue are all playing at Vandy too. They are home and homes.

Our issue will always be that our biggest rival is OOC. If our biggest rival was an SEC school, we could play various schools too.

Aren’t we supposed to go to Akron and/or Toledo in the next few years? WOOT!!

2018 at Notre Dame
2019 at Purdue
2021 at Colorado State
2022 at Hawaii
2023 at UNLV
2025 at Virginia Tech
2026 at Colorado State
2027 at Stanford
2028 at NC State
2029 at SMU

We definitely don't need to do this every year. But just once in the next 20 years, I'd like Kentucky not bow down to the almighty dollar, and find a way to travel somewhere outside of the same dozen states.
I’m not going to do a deep dive into Vandy’s scheduling, but I would assume most of those are two-year home and away series. Good for them for bringing in attractive P5 opponents. I’ll bet Bill Curry was HC the last time we played a P5 program not named Louisville.

"The quality of mercy is not strained. It droopth from Heaven as the gentle rain on the place place beneath. It is twice blessed; It blesseth him that gives and him that takes. "

Vandy, a team often in need of mercy, showed none to hapless Hawaii. Then again, It's football, not usury.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
UNLV, Hawaii, Wake Forest, Va Tech, Colorado State, NC State, SMU, Stanford and Purdue are all playing at Vandy too. They are home and homes.

Our issue will always be that our biggest rival is OOC. If our biggest rival was an SEC school, we could play various schools too.
I agree we can't do it every year. But we don't do it once every twenty years. Just once, once, let's not play 2 MAC and an OVC team. The SEC pays us 75 million dollars a year. We could get a single home and home with Notre Dame (where Kentucky has never played) and not need to declare bankruptcy.

Problem is guys like Mitch as ADs who worship every single almighty dollar. It's not that he tries to make a lot of money. He tries to make all the money.

I agree we can't do it every year. But we don't do it once every twenty years. Just once, once, let's not play 2 MAC and an OVC team. The SEC pays us 75 million dollars a year. We could get a single home and home with Notre Dame (where Kentucky has never played) and not need to declare bankruptcy.

Problem is guys like Mitch as ADs who worship every single almighty dollar. It's not that he tries to make a lot of money. He tries to make all the money.
I’m with you 100%. If Mitch doesn’t want to lose a home game, I’ve always been a big fan of doing UK/UL home and home, then take 2 years off to play another P5 home and home. Keep that rotation. I actually think not playing the UL gane every year would hell that rivalry. And would be awesome to do home/home with other P5 teams.

Vandy number 1 in my way too early playoff rankings in 2022 after that dominate 53 p9int road win. Lol.

The SEC would never let us play ND because if they beat us the Notre Dame fanboys who pick the playoffs would have extra ammo to put them in the

“see they beat SEC teams!”

I was actually shocked how dominant Vandy was against Hawaii and how much bigger they looked.
I assumed Hawaii would have at least made it a close game against Vandy. Reminded me of our games against Louisville in the past few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT