ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville’s Record to Date: About Where it Should be According to Recruiting Rankings.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
I’ve averaged the recruiting classes since 2020 on Rivals for U of L and all their opponents.

Recruiting doesn’t mean everything, but it means a lot!

If you flipped the results of U of L’s upset of Notre Dame with Pitt’s upset of U of L, then Rivals’ rankings would have perfectly predicted all U of L won/loss outcomes, to date. U of L has yet to play UK and Miami. Murray State is FCS and listed last, with no numerical average, as they never made Rivals’ top 100.

So, from Top to Bottom, the average recruiting class ranking for four years of U of L and their 2023 opponents:

1. Notre Dame . . . . . 12th
2. Miami . . . . . . . . . . 17th
3. Kentucky . . . . . . . 24th
4. U of L . . . . . . . . . . 39th
5. Pitt . . . . . . . . . . . . 46th
6. Georgia Tech . . . . 47th
7. Indiana . . . . . . . . . 50.5th
8. Virginia . . . . . . . . . 51st
9. NC State . . . . . . . . 51.5th
10. VPI (Va. Tech) . . . 52nd
11. Boston College . . 52.5th
12. Duke . . . . . . . . . . . 54th
13. Murray State . . . . N/A.

For the fans of recruiting rankings, they can hang their hat on the 80 percent accuracy of U of L’s outcomes.

For those that hate or discount recruiting rankings, you can point out that Duke has done well. They “should have” lost to U of L and did, but have faired well against other ACC teams.

Look at the odd grouping of so many ACC teams (and IU) right around the 50th mark. Given that there are 65 traditional P5 teams, being 50th or so in recruiting is pretty poor.

All I know is louisville even tho a small time. Not known for football has been king of the state in football for the past 25 years.
wtf-bro.gif

I think I was able to decipher your post, but it still makes no sense.

I’ve averaged the recruiting classes since 2020 on Rivals for U of L and all their opponents.

If you flipped the results of U of L’s upset of Notre Dame with Pitt’s upset of U of L, then Rivals’ rankings would have perfectly predicted all U of L won/loss outcomes, to date. U of L has yet to play UK and Miami. Murray State is FCS and listed last, with no numerical average, as they never made Rivals’ top 100.

So, from Top to Bottom, the average recruiting class ranking for four years of U of L and their 2023 opponents:

For the fans of recruiting rankings, they can hang their hat on the 80 percent accuracy of U of L’s outcomes.

For those that hate or discount recruiting rankings, you can point out that Duke has done well. They “should have” lost to U of L and did, but have faired well against other ACC teams.

Look at the odd grouping of so many ACC teams (and IU) right around the 50th mark. Given that there are 65 traditional P5 teams, being 50th or so in recruiting is pretty poor.
I guess my question would be did you base the rankings off just high school recruits or high school and transfers combined ? Cause if just high school recruits Louisville only took 16 in each class of 22 & 23 and filled the rest in with transfers.

The acc is just horrendous. Before the season, many of us predicted this level of turn around but probably came in one win less. I figured they would lose to either Notre Dame or Duke. I still figure brohm has another stinker in him, so they're due another loss before the face us.

I will definitely give him credit in that some of these wins are by more impressive margin than anticipated.

They will be frothing at the mouth when we roll into town. That's a fact.

I guess my question would be did you base the rankings off just high school recruits or high school and transfers combined ? Cause if just high school recruits Louisville only took 16 in each class of 22 & 23 and filled the rest in with transfers.
There are no numerical rankings of transfers that I much trust. I would assume that short of Colorado and a couple of other programs, the base of most football programs is still HS recruiting.

Is there an objective ranking of your transfers in ‘22 and ‘23 as against all others that shows a substantial advantage? Please link, if so.

Reactions: warrior-cat
There are no numerical rankings of transfers that I much trust. I would assume that short of Colorado and a couple of other programs, the base of most football programs is still HS recruiting.

Is there an objective ranking of your transfers in ‘22 and ‘23 as against all others that shows a substantial advantage? Please link, if so.
247 does a high school recruit ranking, a transfer portal ranking and a overall ranking which is High School and portal combined. Now I didn’t check everyone on your list but using the overall ranking from 247. Louisville had an average of like 30, UK was at 24 and Miami was 9 over the same time period you mentioned.

Miami with their average ranking of 9 has actually won less games each year.
2020 8-5
2121. 7-5
2022 5-7
2023. 6-3 currently but still has to play FSU, Louisville and Boston College. There is a chance Miami with all their studs could lose out.

There is a chance Miami with all their studs could lose out.
There is a chance U of L and Kentucky could, too.

The fewer numbers you present still hold the subject of the OP, or do not disprove it. And the central subject of the OP is aimed at games the Cards have already played, and either won or lost.

Notre Dame was a solid upset by U of L, Pitt a solid upset of U of L, and U of L’s other victories were over teams they had clearly out-recruited. To contradict the emphasis of the OP, you’d have to show me that Duke had out-recruited U of L because of the transfer portal, and hence, the high school recruiting rankings were wrong in anticipating the U of L win.

If inclusion of transfers lifted you to a four-year average of 30th from 39th, then you still should have beaten teams averaging 50th, and lost to Notre Dame.

Oddly, two of the three programs you play this season that have out-recruited U of L from the High School ranks are still left on your schedule.

To date, excluding Murray State, the average high school recruit rankings for your P5 opponents already played, including Notre Dame, is 46th.

In that same period of time, Vanderbilt averaged 36th in high school recruiting, according to Rival’s rankings, and again, without reference to transfers in or out.

These are just the numbers. I anticipate a tougher game with U of L than the past 4 years, But given the numbers quoted, I have a hard time knowing how U of L beat Notre Dame by two scores!

Last edited:
There is a chance U of L and Kentucky could, too.

The fewer numbers you present still hold the subject of the OP, or do not disprove it. And the central subject of the OP is aimed at games the Cards have already played, and either won or lost.

Notre Dame was a solid upset by U of L, Pitt a solid upset of U of L, and U of L’s other victories were over teams they had clearly out-recruited. To contradict the emphasis of the OP, you’d have to show me that Duke had out-recruited U of L because of the transfer portal, and hence, the high school recruiting rankings were wrong in anticipating the U of L win.

If inclusion of transfers lifted you to a four-year average of 30th from 39th, then you still should have beaten teams averaging 50th, and lost to Notre Dame.

Oddly, two of the three programs you play this season that have out-recruited U of L from the High School ranks are still left on your schedule.

To date, excluding Murray State, the average high school recruit rankings for your P5 opponents already played, including Notre Dame, is 46th.

In that same period of time, Vanderbilt averaged 36th in high school recruiting, according to Rival’s rankings, and again, without reference to transfers in or out.

These are just the numbers. I anticipate a tougher game with U of L than the past 4 years, But given the numbers quoted, I have a hard time knowing how U of L beat Notre Dame by two scores!
Honestly I wasn’t trying to disprove you was just curious if you had based it off just high school recruiting or overall recruiting.

The bringing of players with them with the new transfer rules like UL Quarterback from Purdue and other players is changing the face of sports. Western takes full advantage of this in football hiring assistant Coaches from a lower division that brings players with them.

Louisville has won every game they won the coin toss this year; and lost the game they didn't. I'm no bean counter, but that is one big odds anomaly after nine games.

...not trying to derail you here The Hack, I always find perceptions of your rivals or opponents to be illuminating; one podcaster nationally that I listen to had an interesting thing to say about this Louisville edition that I kind of agreed with; Louisville looks like a 7-4/ 8-3 team whose overachieving far more than a realistic Playoff outlier and I think a part of that is that this Louisville squad isn't as aerially explosive as you would expect from a Brohm coached squad with an experienced QB within his system. After four games that is what looked like the hat was going to be hung on. But the season took a sharp pivot both defensively and in attack in Raleigh against NC State; the big negative plays have come off of the playaction that was the early season bread-and-butter. Brohm has straight up shortened every game since NC State running the football and trusting the defense. It's hard to argue with the results since then with the exception of the debacle to Pitt.

Recruiting rankings are going to become more-and-more difficult to fallback on for me because so few freshmen you recruited seem to be there as upperclassmen; that is no less the case with us. In fact I have been effusive on our boards that we have a true freshmen getting reps sparsely at LB who I think is going to be the best LB prospect we've had in 30 years and that's Stanquan Clark....but isn't there something to be said for the fact he can't break into platooning with the LB at his position and getting anything more than special teams reps and about 15 snaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
Louisville has won every game they won the coin toss this year; and lost the game they didn't. I'm no bean counter, but that is one big odds anomaly after nine games.

...not trying to derail you here The Hack, I always find perceptions of your rivals or opponents to be illuminating; one podcaster nationally that I listen to had an interesting thing to say about this Louisville edition that I kind of agreed with; Louisville looks like a 7-4/ 8-3 team whose overachieving far more than a realistic Playoff outlier and I think a part of that is that this Louisville squad isn't as aerially explosive as you would expect from a Brohm coached squad with an experienced QB within his system. After four games that is what looked like the hat was going to be hung on. But the season took a sharp pivot both defensively and in attack in Raleigh against NC State; the big negative plays have come off of the playaction that was the early season bread-and-butter. Brohm has straight up shortened every game since NC State running the football and trusting the defense. It's hard to argue with the results since then with the exception of the debacle to Pitt.

Recruiting rankings are going to become more-and-more difficult to fallback on for me because so few freshmen you recruited seem to be there as upperclassmen; that is no less the case with us. In fact I have been effusive on our boards that we have a true freshmen getting reps sparsely at LB who I think is going to be the best LB prospect we've had in 30 years and that's Stanquan Clark....but isn't there something to be said for the fact he can't break into platooning with the LB at his position and getting anything more than special teams reps and about 15 snaps?

There's no doubt that UL is "overachieving" relative to what most prognosticators thought, but the reality is that they have a gaudy record against really bad competition. There's a good win against ND at home (perfect sandwich game for UL), but otherwise meh.

I'm looking at this from a result standpoint. U6 is 4-0 against already bowl eligible teams a outscoring them 125-58 and ranked 11th . UK is 0-3 being outscored 122-61. Just stats. I know if we switched schedules results are probably different, but one coach is in his lst year taking over a disaster and the other in his 11th year and 2nd most tenure in the league probably making twice the money.

Lets please not compare anything Louisville has done this year to our schedule. I have not seen a softer schedule in a decade, and the team they beat their chest about many Fans are already calling for a coaching change (Notre Dame).

The ACC is HORRENDUS, and somehow they managed to avoid the top three teams in the preseason poll (roll eye)

I'm looking at this from a result standpoint. U6 is 4-0 against already bowl eligible teams a outscoring them 125-58 and ranked 11th . UK is 0-3 being outscored 122-61. Just stats. I know if we switched schedules results are probably different, but one coach is in his lst year taking over a disaster and the other in his 11th year and 2nd most tenure in the league probably making twice the money.
Yeah, we would be undefeated. 100 %

-lordy. You *must* take SOS into consideration. The acc is hot garbage... getting bowl eligible in that league by beating other acc teams is not laudable.

-notre dame is living off almost beating ohiost... before ohiost started playing like ohiost. And that's ul's signature win.

-the good news is UK goes head to head against an acc team in a few weeks... we'll see what's up then.

Reactions: EliteBlue
UofL, per pretty much any source you want to use has had an equal or tougher schedule than UK. Obviously that will change after the Bammer game, but to use that argument to try and prop up UKs record and disparage UofLs is just plain inaccurate. Flopping schedules could have an adverse effect on that rational.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
http://powerrankingsguru.com/college-football/strength-of-schedule.php
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Lets please not compare anything Louisville has done this year to our schedule. I have not seen a softer schedule in a decade, and the team they beat their chest about many Fans are already calling for a coaching change (Notre Dame).

The ACC is HORRENDUS, and somehow they managed to avoid the top three teams in the preseason poll (roll eye)
Yet according to the Sagarin ratings to date Louisville has played a tougher schedule than UK.

-so we like sagarin now? Sweet, that validates UK's 1950-51 championship.

-to date UK has played 3 *current* ap top 25 teams(#1,#14,#16)... to ul's 1 (#22).

^who knows? I'm happy for my cardfan friends.

-what we do know is that we'll find out who's on top (this year) for sure in a few weeks.
This! I’ll reserve my comments on this until we walk out of (whatever they now call their stadium) carrying the Governor’s Cup.

Reactions: Blouman
Let me add this as well. I would prefer to add to our team a proven, experienced player who can step in and fill an immediate need than add even a four star freshman who will take at least a year to acclimate to the college game. Five stars are different, will take them whenever we can get them.

Times have changed, the portal is probably more important than hs rankings.

Victory Comparison

Kentucky

2-7 Akron
2-7 Ball St
4-5 Eastern Kentucky
2-8 Vandy
5-4 Florida
4-5 Miss St.
--------
14-32

Louisville
5-4 Georgia Tech
2-7 Murray
3-6 Indiana
6-3 Boston College
6-3 NCSt
7-3 ND
6-3 Duke
4-5 Va Tech
--------
39-34

They can only play the teams they are assigned to play. Blame the AllCheatersConference. They at least are playing 11 games against P5 conference teams. Weak... yes, but not their fault.

Reactions: ReggThaCard
They can only play the teams they are assigned to play. Blame the AllCheatersConference. They at least are playing 11 games against P5 conference teams. Weak... yes, but not their fault.
And it's not their fault they got blasted by inept Pitt, and then will get their annual Thanksgiving butt-kicking from the Cats. OK.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
There's no doubt that UL is "overachieving" relative to what most prognosticators thought, but the reality is that they have a gaudy record against really bad competition. There's a good win against ND at home (perfect sandwich game for UL), but otherwise meh.
On the weak schedule this is from a ESPN article

That easy schedule actually hasn't been such a cakewalk. Louisville has five wins over Power 5 opponents with a winning record. Ohio State is the only other team with as many. Louisville has four wins over Power 5 foes 6-3 or better. Only Oklahoma State Cowboys has as many. Those four wins over 6-3 (or better) P5 foes came by an average of 17 points.

Trying to figure out how the ACC is considered horrible, when:

And it's not their fault they got blasted by inept Pitt, and then will get their annual Thanksgiving butt-kicking from the Cats. OK.
-lordy. You *must* take SOS into consideration. The acc is hot garbage... getting bowl eligible in that league by beating other acc teams is not laudable.

-notre dame is living off almost beating ohiost... before ohiost started playing like ohiost. And that's ul's signature win.

-the good news is UK goes head to head against an acc team in a few weeks... we'll see what's up then.

• WFU beat Vandy by 2 Scores
  • FSU beat LSU by 2 scores
  • UNC beat USC-jr by 2 scores
  • Miami beat Texas A&M by 2 scores
  • Ole Miss beat GT by 3 scores... which makes the ACC 4-1 against the SEC.
If you review the RPI... Louisville is UK's 3rd toughest team on their schedule. UK is Louisville's 3rd toughest team on their schedule.

If you examine the schedules closely for a bit... you would see that Every Major conference has issues.

• Michigan has played absolutely NOBODY... and yet, somehow, is in the College Playoffs...
  • Oklahoma State, those who loset 33-7 to South Alabama, at home, is now in 2nd Place, in the BIg 12... SOLE 2nd place... after beating 1st place Oklahoma
  • Iowa State... is in a scrum for 2nd place... and they lost to Ohio, at home, earlier, this year... OHIO Bobcats (not the Buckeyes of Ohio State).

SOme other myths, that are no longer true, that prove College Football and the SEC is down
  • Florida was down 24-3 at UTAH, before losing 24-11. Florida then beats the mess out of Tennessee, but then, somehow lost to the Same last place Arkansas (in Gainsville) who lost to BYU.
  • Vandy not only got housed by WFU... they were beatent by UNLV as well
  • Auburn struggled on the road against Califoronia
  • MIss State had to take Arizona to OT to win out in Tuscon
  • Missouri, at home, the 2nd best team in the SEC EAST, struggled mightily with Kansas State (who also lost to OK State) before winning with a miraculous walk-off 63 yard FG
  • Alabama... got bullied at home, by Texas

I keep trying to figure out how, and why the SEC teams computer scores are so high, when the SEC TRULY has NO markee win over a top tier, conference leading program. At this stage of the Season Ole Miss owns the 2nd best OOC victory over 3rd place 5-4 GT, who also lot to a MAC team, at home.

Note, GT is only in 3rd place because they are 4-2, and thus, have a .5 game lead over 6 teams who sit at 3-2 in the conference, SOLELY on the fact that GT played their conference opener against Louisville, during week 1... which means they have played 6 conference foes a week ahead of everyone else BUT Louisville.

The deal is, every year, the Sagarins, Bart Ts, KenPom's, and RPI's base their initial rankings not off of what they see in camp... but off the previous year's final results... In order for ANY conference to get a big jump, or take a HUGE fall, that conference has to either go undefeated or win a lot of high profile OOC games before and after the regular conference season. And it has to be vice versa for a huge fall. This is why PAC 12 looks so good... So the rankings and SOS's... are almost set in stone...
This is why a team like Clemson and Ohio State can come in and disrupt the SEC strangle hold on the National Title... because their conferences, may look laughable to the average SEC fan, but may actually be tough...

If ever there was a time that the SEC was vulnerable and down... this year... appears to be so...

Trying to figure out how the ACC is considered horrible, when:

• WFU beat Vandy by 2 Scores
  • FSU beat LSU by 2 scores
  • UNC beat USC-jr by 2 scores
  • Miami beat Texas A&M by 2 scores
  • Ole Miss beat GT by 3 scores... which makes the ACC 4-1 against the SEC.
If you review the RPI... Louisville is UK's 3rd toughest team on their schedule. UK is Louisville's 3rd toughest team on their schedule.

If you examine the schedules closely for a bit... you would see that Every Major conference has issues.

• Michigan has played absolutely NOBODY... and yet, somehow, is in the College Playoffs...
  • Oklahoma State, those who loset 33-7 to South Alabama, at home, is now in 2nd Place, in the BIg 12... SOLE 2nd place... after beating 1st place Oklahoma
  • Iowa State... is in a scrum for 2nd place... and they lost to Ohio, at home, earlier, this year... OHIO Bobcats (not the Buckeyes of Ohio State).

SOme other myths, that are no longer true, that prove College Football and the SEC is down
  • Florida was down 24-3 at UTAH, before losing 24-11. Florida then beats the mess out of Tennessee, but then, somehow lost to the Same last place Arkansas (in Gainsville) who lost to BYU.
  • Vandy not only got housed by WFU... they were beatent by UNLV as well
  • Auburn struggled on the road against Califoronia
  • MIss State had to take Arizona to OT to win out in Tuscon
  • Missouri, at home, the 2nd best team in the SEC EAST, struggled mightily with Kansas State (who also lost to OK State) before winning with a miraculous walk-off 63 yard FG
  • Alabama... got bullied at home, by Texas

I keep trying to figure out how, and why the SEC teams computer scores are so high, when the SEC TRULY has NO markee win over a top tier, conference leading program. At this stage of the Season Ole Miss owns the 2nd best OOC victory over 3rd place 5-4 GT, who also lot to a MAC team, at home.

Note, GT is only in 3rd place because they are 4-2, and thus, have a .5 game lead over 6 teams who sit at 3-2 in the conference, SOLELY on the fact that GT played their conference opener against Louisville, during week 1... which means they have played 6 conference foes a week ahead of everyone else BUT Louisville.

The deal is, every year, the Sagarins, Bart Ts, KenPom's, and RPI's base their initial rankings not off of what they see in camp... but off the previous year's final results... In order for ANY conference to get a big jump, or take a HUGE fall, that conference has to either go undefeated or win a lot of high profile OOC games before and after the regular conference season. And it has to be vice versa for a huge fall. This is why PAC 12 looks so good... So the rankings and SOS's... are almost set in stone...
This is why a team like Clemson and Ohio State can come in and disrupt the SEC strangle hold on the National Title... because their conferences, may look laughable to the average SEC fan, but may actually be tough...

If ever there was a time that the SEC was vulnerable and down... this year... appears to be so...
Vandy, Miss St, South Carolina, and Arkansas would already be bowl eligible in that Powder Puff conference! While you're at it, give us a link to UL's all time record against SEC teams other than UK!

I don't really share your enthusiasm on South Carolina Muck. UNC breezed them and UNC gives up points en masse.

We knew preseason that the schedule was going to be a bone of contention because it didn't have Clemson, Florida State or UNC on it. You don't think we wanted to play Clemson this year? Talk about owed payback and an offensive attack that should probably punt on third downs a few times during the game. Miami is the same Miami they have been for twenty years--sort of the Florida of the ACC. They seem to be "back" as much as Madonna and have the same "they were sexy in the 80's" feel.

Do you consider your best win Florida? I'd guess it has more to do with how you played that game than Florida's season. I have come away with that sense in a number of Louisville's games.

Vandy, Miss St, South Carolina, and Arkansas would already be bowl eligible in that Powder Puff conference! While you're at it, give us a link to UL's all time record against SEC teams other than UK!
The way it works... is most of those teams, like UK, "Aggressively" schedule RPI 100 or lower opponents for their home games. They then play maybe 2 more "RPI 100 or lower" teams from their own conference... This year its USC-jr, Vandy. Some years, Arkansas is there, some years, its UK... some years its UT or Florida... that is how you get to a Bowl game at 7-5 or 6-6. USC-jr, has struggled with everyone... same for Arkansas... Its why they lost to BYU (first year of Power 5 for them). Those schools wouldn't be good ANYWHERE. Arkansas struggled in the South West Conference... behind Texas and Texas A&M... USC-jr was nobody, before they joined the SEC and outside the Spurrier years, have been a mid-tier SEC school...

The narrative that an SEC team would come in and conquer another conference... does not work this year. South Carolina got beat, badly, by UNC... who is somewhere around 6th place. Miami is in the same boat...and they beat TAMU...

Miami was king of Big East, when they left. They should have been the champions of the ACC, with their recruiting backyard\ground, their prestige, their titles... etc. We look up today and Miami has never dominated, nor won the ACC... despite having the type of recruiting classes that would place them squarely at the top end of the SEC. Yes... maybe, within the 1st year, USC would be very competitive in the ACC. Give it 2 years... maybe 3... and they would slowly bleed out, back into the middle tier. NO SEC prestige means, no "SEC only recruits". State of South Carolina recruiting is rich... but mostly for a National Title type program like Clemson. We will see how Texas and OU do in SEC... but years ago... Missouri, Arkansas, and USC-jr proved that you could walk right into the SEC from a weeker conference and win big... but then sort of peter out...

At the end of the day, Louisville would probably where Missouri is right now... under Brohm or Petrino, if they were to play in the SEC... capable of beating all the mid-tier and lower rung teams, struggling with\but competitive with the Upper eschelon, talented teams...

-Missouri might be a good comparison for u of l... they have similar records against a certain common opponent over the last 5 or so years.

-the sec is down this year, I agree. That said if you put sec1 v acc1, sec2 vs acc2....and so on I believe the sec would come out on top... as that isn't likely to happen, it's all academic.

This is what has happened already(teams are placed as they stand today):

Fsu(acc1) defeated lsu (sec 4)
Unc (acc4) defeated scar(sec 12)

Ole miss (sec 3) defeated GT (acc 3)
Miami(acc 9) defeated a&m (sec 9)
Wake (acc 13) defeated vandy (sec 16)

Acc holds a 2-1 advantage against "similarly placed" sec teams.

^we'll get to see what acc #2 vs sec #7 looks like in a few weeks. Exciting.

Think that one looks tougher. What's the rest of it?
Aug. 31 - Austin Peay
Sept. 7 -Jacksonville State
Sept. 28 - at Notre Dame
Nov. 30 - at Kentucky
ACC Home - Georgia Tech, Miami, Pittsburgh, SMU
ACC Away - Boston College, Clemson, Stanford, Virginia

Note: Jacksonville St was just added due to Indiana backing out of the 2nd & 3rd games of the 3 game series.

Aug. 31 - Austin Peay
Sept. 7 -Jacksonville State
Sept. 28 - at Notre Dame
Nov. 30 - at Kentucky
ACC Home - Georgia Tech, Miami, Pittsburgh, SMU
ACC Away - Boston College, Clemson, Stanford, Virginia

Note: Jacksonville St was just added due to Indiana backing out of the 2nd & 3rd games of the 3 game series.
I see 6 teams that are bowl bound this year... and if GT and Clemson win a couple more games... 7 bowl teams. If Pitt comes back, that' s 8. I see 5 wins in that schedule... for a decent team. Cupcakes I see are Jacksonville State, Austin Peay, UVA, and perhaps, Stanfrod... SMU is 7-2 right now... they will have to adjust upwards...

I see 6 teams that are bowl bound this year... and if GT and Clemson win a couple more games... 7 bowl teams. If Pitt comes back, that' s 8. I see 5 wins in that schedule... for a decent team. Cupcakes I see are Jacksonville State, Austin Peay, UVA, and perhaps, Stanfrod... SMU is 7-2 right now... they will have to adjust upwards...
Clemson or Georgia Tech will be bowl eligible after this week as they play each other this week After that GT has Syracuse and UGA they should beat Cuse for their 6th win.

-Arizona is #23 now. Weird.

^the beauty of CFB is that it's chaotic. There is no transitive property in football (fla beats Tenn... UK loses to Tennessee and UK destroys fla... ul beats ND and loses to pitt)

-indivdual matchups/momentum and timing. Only the truly elite teams are close the same team week to week...and there are still outliers/big upsets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT