ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville’s Record to Date: About Where it Should be According to Recruiting Rankings.

Victory Comparison

Kentucky

2-7 Akron
2-7 Ball St
4-5 Eastern Kentucky
2-8 Vandy
5-4 Florida
4-5 Miss St.
--------
14-32

Louisville
5-4 Georgia Tech
2-7 Murray
3-6 Indiana
6-3 Boston College
6-3 NCSt
7-3 ND
6-3 Duke
4-5 Va Tech
--------
39-34
Good math.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
If you flipped the results of U of L’s upset of Notre Dame with Pitt’s upset of U of L, then Rivals’ rankings would have perfectly predicted all U of L won/loss outcomes, to date.
And for our game, the tendency held.

U of L pulled two real upsets on the season at Miami and Notre Dame, but whatever magic dust they used to beat those teams with more recruited HS talent failed, again, against UK.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Victory Comparison

Kentucky

2-7 Akron
2-7 Ball St
4-5 Eastern Kentucky
2-8 Vandy
5-4 Florida
4-5 Miss St.
--------
14-32

Louisville
5-4 Georgia Tech
2-7 Murray
3-6 Indiana
6-3 Boston College
6-3 NCSt
7-3 ND
6-3 Duke
4-5 Va Tech
--------
39-34
UK was the only team to defeat a team with 10 wins!

[I know . . . it's a little "too soon" for that. Maybe after the roundball game?]

Last edited:
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Yes they did but if you want to play they only won because of turnovers. Then UK only beat Louisville last year because Louisville turned it over 3 times to UK’s 0 turnovers. I mean the stats were pretty even last year except for the turnovers.
Fair point. We only won THIS year because Louisville turned it over 3 times to UK's 1 turnover and this year the "stats" were in the favor of Louisville. I hope we continue to play games against Louisville with similar turnover ratios. If UK keeps winning, I will readily concede that we maybe wouldn't have won but for the Louisville turnovers. If we lose because of turnovers, I will not use that as an excuse. That's kind of blaming a terrible starting pitching performance on throwing too many hanging sliders, yeah, that's why you sucked in the first place.

Last edited:
Florida is a 5-4 team who may not even finish above .500 as they still have LSU, Missouri & FSU so I think Louisville would beat Florida.

Georgia - would be a loss

Tennessee & Missouri I would put as toss-ups

Alabama- I would put that as a loss

Vandy & South Carolina I would put those as wins
You're nuts....Mizzou and UT would've beat the brakes out of UL .

I'm looking at this from a result standpoint. U6 is 4-0 against already bowl eligible teams an outscoring them 125-58 and ranked 11th . UK is 0-3 being outscored 122-61. Just stats. I know if we switched schedules results are probably different, but one coach is in his lst year taking over a disaster and the other in his 11th year and 2nd most tenure in the league probably making twice the money.
We must live in different universes. Brohm took over a “disaster?” Prove that comment. Make me believe.

Otherwise, for the past couple of weeks you have been crushing on Brohm on false pretenses. 8-5 with two top 25 wins is a disaster?

Oscar Brohm? Is that you?

You're nuts....Mizzou and UT would've beat the brakes out of UL .

Louisville can nervously laugh these facts off from the comfort of their weak conference and weak schedule, knowing they won't have to face these teams and UGA week in and week out during the conference run.

But yes, both UT and especially Missouri would whip Louisville. Zero doubt at all Louisville is a 6-5 team in the SEC this year at best.

8-5 with two top 25 wins is a disaster?
That was just hyperbole to build the mighty Cards and their current Coach into football gods, in anticipation of their humiliating defeat of the highly paid Stoops.

But, the hyperbole backfired!

Notice that most of those calling the loudest for his head, or complaining about his contract are not ridiculing or dismissing this win.

They can’t.

They spent as much effort predicting our defeat by the mighty Cards as did the Card fans. Trash that win, and posts from last week will be reprinted.

Last edited:
-give em hell, hack.

-at some point "smart" uavel fan has to understand that when their football team has thrived over the last 20 years... it's been the result of playing in a really bad conference be it the metro, cusa, big east or now the acc... it doesn't take away their big years but it certainly lends context to those years.

^this year they are headed to their conference championship...and they lost to the 7th-8th place team in the SEC (by w-l record) on their home field.

re: turnovers. They *are* a stat/important part of the game. That said, not all turnovers are equal... UK's D *forced/created* 2 fumbles, these were earned. The interception that kept the game "close to the end" was a gift to ul from Devin Leary... thankfully the cats overcame that error. It's what better teams do.

Louisville can nervously laugh these facts off from the comfort of their weak conference and weak schedule, knowing they won't have to face these teams and UGA week in and week out during the conference run.
True for the moment.

But as we move forward, I would just about bet a way is found to fund players with some the massive largess possessed by the SEC and the Big Ten.

When the conference financial divisions differ by more than 50 million, a distinct possibility in the near future, how long will it be before the two true monster conferences devise a way to further dominate the collection of talent?

The Big Ten and SEC have largely gold-played their facilities the last 15 years, as profits have sharply risen. The next step for the Top 40ish is to use their financial largess to ensure they have an even greater share of talent, than they now possess.

I looked up the financials for Washington State a few years back. They lost Leach to
Mississippi State. At the time, both State and UK had athletic budgets 3 to 4 times the bottom third of the PAC 12.

And this gap will widen!!

• Haha
Reactions: Lamar Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT