ADVERTISEMENT

UL Recruiting

I doubt they will be anywhere near relevant again in 5 years much less 2. So many seem to think that since U6 fired Pitino and Jurich that they're out of the woods with the NCAA, POS organization that it is, but paying for players while appealing the hooker escapade doesn't look good; more likely to be taken to the wood shed than be out of the woods.

The worst punishment is over, they are already past that.

If we have a scholly open offer the uofl target just to pizz em off.
The worst punishment is over, they are already past that.
Not even close. UL is going to get hammered for orchestrating the payment to Bowden while appealing their current NCAA violations. UL is not a sacred cow of the NCAA. They proved that by vacating the title.

I have always followed X to some extent and I have never been that impressed with Mack. He is a good but not great coach. Taking X to a 1 seed was impressive, but it was a weak year and he flamed out early. I think he will be a typical mid-level coach, not good enough to win it all, but good enough that he is difficult to fire. He is no where near the level of coach (ability wise) of Pitino on the court and it is doubtful he can recruit at that level.

No one is saying he's equal to Pitino, there's like 5 guys in that group and they are at UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Mich State.

A lot of great coaches flame out early every year, ridiculous to say 1 game is a better indicator of coaching ability than an entire season (or 5)...

Not even close. UL is going to get hammered for orchestrating the payment to Bowden while appealing their current NCAA violations. UL is not a sacred cow of the NCAA. They proved that by vacating the title.

What else is there to do? Do you think they get banned from tournament next 3 years? Zero chance of that...it's all retroactive

What else is there to do? Do you think they get banned from tournament next 3 years? Zero chance of that...it's all retroactive
You are mistaken. First, the NCAA has been directed by the FBI to stand down until they are finished. So the next year or so it will only linger over UL. When the NCAA investigates after that, UL will get banned from the tournament. Reduction of scholarships. Limited off campus recruiting. How many years I have no idea.

Reactions: kat57 and MbergCat
Well, I see now they expect a visit from a 6'2" grad transfer. His name is Zach Johnson, and he averaged 12.3 ppg at Florida Gulf Coast. Isn't this fun?

Reactions: Deli owl
pole_position_sm.png

Amazing

The punishment for the hooker stuff was all retroactive. The punishment for committing a more severe NCAA penalty while on probation will be worse. The NCAA can't let a program slide on cheating while on probation or they are setting a precedent that probation doesn't mean anything. You can't compare UL's situation to any other programs right now because the FBI stuff is coming on the heals of another major violation that other schools don't have.

I mean, he got Xavier a 1-seed, so he can’t be inept. But John Wooden would struggle to make the tournament with Louisville’s current roster.
Billy G got a 2 seed and was big 12 coach of the year before we hired him. He looked pretty inept at UK.

Billy G got a 2 seed and was big 12 coach of the year before we hired him.

Yeah, and he began drinking like a fish, and self-destructed when the pressure of UK basketball hit him. Mack may begin drinking heavily when he sees how hard it is to recruit at UL over the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: Nuke99m
Is it though? You must not follow college basketball
Because the punishment for the FBI probe/ funneling $ to Brian Bowen hasn’t even been handed down yet.

You seem like a UL/ any team other than UK apologist at times...

You might be one of the most ignorant posters on this forum...

The punishment for the hooker stuff was all retroactive. The punishment for committing a more severe NCAA penalty while on probation will be worse. The NCAA can't let a program slide on cheating while on probation or they are setting a precedent that probation doesn't mean anything. You can't compare UL's situation to any other programs right now because the FBI stuff is coming on the heals of another major violation that other schools don't have.

They've already handled the Bowen situation, UL didn't play with anyone who is deemed ineligible based on amateurism status. UL has fired coach and AD to clean house...what more do you think will happen?

You might be one of the most ignorant posters on this forum...

I might be, sure... but I’m not.

Care to elaborate on your claim that UL already received their punishment considering they haven’t received their punishment for the FBI probe/ funneling $$ to the Bowen family?

Or do you always just immediately throw insults when you don’t have anything of substance to say.

I mean if you’re gonna throw insults at least back it up with coherent points based on the conversation at hand ya know?

I might be, sure... but I’m not.

Care to elaborate on your claim that UL already received their punishment considering they haven’t received their punishment for the FBI probe/ funneling $$ to the Bowen family?

Or do you always just immediately throw insults when you don’t have anything of substance to say.

I mean if you’re gonna throw insults at least back it up with coherent points based on the conversation at hand ya know?

Did Bowen play on UL team this year? oh, he didn't

Did UL fire the coach and AD who were involved? oh, they did

What more do you expect will happen? Chances are very little...I'm not saying it's right or I agree with it, I'm just stating what will most likely happen, not much more.

They've already handled the Bowen situation, UL didn't play with anyone who is deemed ineligible based on amateurism status. UL has fired coach and AD to clean house...what more do you think will happen?

Wrong. The NCAA has absolutely not given punishment for them PAYING a player 100k. You think the NCAA will just be like “oh ok! No worries!”

If we go out and pay wisemen 200k , and Cal is on tape helping orchestrate you think NCAA would just forget about it if we fired Cal and Mitch?

Again, you seem unable to grasp how this all works...

What more do you expect will happen? Chances are very little...I'm not saying it's right or I agree with it, I'm just stating what will most likely happen, not much more.

So teams can just pay players hundreds of thousands of dollars now and when caught not receive any punishment as long as they fire the coach and AD?

Reactions: kat57

The good thing is we will all know in a few years. And I think you will be surprised how hard the NCAA hammers UL.

Bowen not playing at UL is irrelevant. An assistant coach colluded with Adidas to pay a player to come to UL, all while on probation. That is about as serious a violation as you can commit under NCAA rules. I understand the AD and coach have been fired, but I just don't see how the NCAA can let it slide. It would set the precedent that you can cheat your ass off until you get caught, but as long as you fire the coach and AD it's ok.

Reactions: kat57 and Cindog28
I’m going to be at the Scum Center next year to watch UK beat those ghetto fools like the whore paying, meth smoking morons they are. Mack may have to suck Zipp’s Dolly Parton fun bags for comfort after the beating.
Hahahah. Thanks Irish. This brought me great joy on a bad day

Reactions: irishcat1965
Mack talked to Hagans and Romeo when first hired. Some on our board, just a couple were like, ok it's on...No, not until somebody that is any good says yes to Mack

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Wrong, does not matter if they cleaned house or not, they gave improper benefits to Bowen. Based on NCAA rules the second violation should result in the death penalty. Probably will not get death penalty but probably will get NCAAT ban and probably scholly reductions.

Mack talked to Hagans and Romeo when first hired. Some on our board, just a couple were like, ok it's on...No, not until somebody that is any good says yes to Mack

Someone started a thread on the U6 board saying 5* Matthew Hurt may be Mack's first big recruit. And stating that he is L1C4. Can't make this stuff up [roll]

Reactions: JC CATS
Seems like we have an undercover Cardinal or a UL apologist in this thread.

I've never seen an alleged UK fan argue this hard on UL's behalf.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ck-graduate-transfers-visits-april/506336002/

Joseph Chartouny will host Louisville's coaches on an in-home visit on Friday, and Zach Johnson will visit Louisville's campus on Sunday, according to multiple reports.

Chartouny, a 6-foot-3 guard from Montreal, averaged 12.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 3.3 steals per game last season at Fordham, but the Rams finished 9-22 and in last place in the Atlantic 10. He is visiting Marquette on Tuesday, and Oregon is interested in him as well.

Primarily a scoring guard, Chartouny can play point guard or wing. His shooting numbers declined as a junior, with his 3-point percentage dropping to 28.4 after he hit 38.2 percent from distance as a sophomore.

A 6-2 Miami native, Johnson led Florida Gulf Coast in assists (three per game) and steals (two per game) as the Eagles claimed the regular-season Atlantic Sun title.

Johnson was second on the team in scoring, averaging 16.1 points per game. He shot 46.9 percent from the field, including 39.2 percent from 3-point range, and served as FGCU's scoring guard for the majority of the season.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ck-graduate-transfers-visits-april/506336002/

Joseph Chartouny will host Louisville's coaches on an in-home visit on Friday, and Zach Johnson will visit Louisville's campus on Sunday, according to multiple reports.

Chartouny, a 6-foot-3 guard from Montreal, averaged 12.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 3.3 steals per game last season at Fordham, but the Rams finished 9-22 and in last place in the Atlantic 10. He is visiting Marquette on Tuesday, and Oregon is interested in him as well.

Primarily a scoring guard, Chartouny can play point guard or wing. His shooting numbers declined as a junior, with his 3-point percentage dropping to 28.4 after he hit 38.2 percent from distance as a sophomore.

A 6-2 Miami native, Johnson led Florida Gulf Coast in assists (three per game) and steals (two per game) as the Eagles claimed the regular-season Atlantic Sun title.

Johnson was second on the team in scoring, averaging 16.1 points per game. He shot 46.9 percent from the field, including 39.2 percent from 3-point range, and served as FGCU's scoring guard for the majority of the season.
Lol. The ghetto commuter school is scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out its roster. The teams they play in exhibition games next year may have better talent on their rosters.

Reminds me of the Billy G years. Getting excited over these no-name recruits and pretending they were going to be the next Jordan. lol

They are going to suck so bad next year and I am going to love every minute of it. lol
Lol This had me LOL!

Reactions: Cindog28
No one is saying he's equal to Pitino, there's like 5 guys in that group and they are at UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Mich State.

A lot of great coaches flame out early every year, ridiculous to say 1 game is a better indicator of coaching ability than an entire season (or 5)...

Read my post again, it wasn’t based only on this year, that was just an example. I’ve always like Xavier basketball, one reason is I hate UC. Since Mack has been there I have not been blown away by his ability to coach, he is good but not great and not even the best in Xavier’s recent string of good coaches. To put it another way, X is a nice coaching farm and with that said Mack isn’t even the pick of the litter from that school.

Wrong. The NCAA has absolutely not given punishment for them PAYING a player 100k. You think the NCAA will just be like “oh ok! No worries!”

If we go out and pay wisemen 200k , and Cal is on tape helping orchestrate you think NCAA would just forget about it if we fired Cal and Mitch?

Again, you seem unable to grasp how this all works...

Not to mention the payments made to house his family at the Galt House. Just when you think a tard fan cannot look any more incompetent up pops one. They like Pitino cannot keep their pie holes shut!

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT