ADVERTISEMENT

UL Fans Crying About Refs During Auburn Game.

Best part of that thread is literally every thing they say is opposite from reality. " they choke in the tourney" ( UK has gotten farther on average then any team in the past 10 years from a power 5 conference ) " they get good whistles at Rupp" ( do they ever watch UK games?) and so on and so forth. It is like living in Bizarro world .

I am not saying that AU or UL fans crying has any legitimacy... just that too often on this board, we assume that fouls should be nearly even. That is to simplistic, it's just not the case.
Style of play dictates fouls more than anything and it becomes more amplified down the stretch of close games, as style changes.

Right. An even number of foul calls does not mean a game was well officiated. The goal should never be to call the same number of fouls on both teams. The goal should be to make the correct calls regardless how the numbers fall. The problem with that is officials and the NCAA are afraid of the backlash if one team gets called for many more fouls than the other. That’s bullshit and cowardly. Make the correct calls and don’t let the noise dictate the calls. Styles, talent levels, size, and many other factors influence the true number of fouls that should be called. Sometimes those factors are going to result in lopsided fouls and free throws. So be it. Just make the right calls and ignore the numbers.

I am not saying that AU or UL fans crying has any legitimacy... just that too often on this board, we assume that fouls should be nearly even. That is to simplistic, it's just not the case.
Style of play dictates fouls more than anything and it becomes more amplified down the stretch of close games, as style changes.
Completely true. That was what was so infuriating about the first AU game. They had twice as many foul shots yet WE were the team driving and playing down low .

Heck I was crying. Who wants to watch a game with 46 fouls?

Did anyone here see any of the Mich. St, Maryland game afterwards? Nearly every time down the floor, players were hitting the deck from aggressive physical play. Total fouls called: 35. Sec officiating just sucks. They think it's their job to control the game and even up fouls.

Last edited:
Reactions: BourbonBalz
woh.gif

What don't those cheating asses cry about? Wait til that grim reaper called the NCAA comes calling...

I believe UofL fans clearly established in that thread that if one player on the home team shoots near the same as the whole visiting team combined.... then that is clear evidence that the refs are a bunch of paid off cheaters deciding the outcome of the game. That is also evidence of long time cheating at the home arena. And in spite of readily available objective evidence to the contrary such a team under-performs relative to their seed once they get away from these cheater refs.

On a related note.

UofL FTAs: 15 (Enoch 6)
Va Tech FTAs: 6

Did anyone here see any of the Mich. St, Maryland game afterwards? Nearly every time down the floor, players were hitting the deck from aggressive physical play. Total fouls called: 35. Sec officiating just sucks. They think it's their job to control the game and even up fouls.

so you want UK games in the SEC to be 55 pt contests and big 10 basketball ? Call the damn fouls but do it fairly.

so,were making fun of UL for complaining about refs? I have stopped following game threads because of the CONSTANT crazy complaining about refs. There is no freaking way that this thread is real

Exactly, but how many teams that we play shoot at least double the amount of 3s we do? AUB shot 23 more yesterday I think and only had 11 FTs less on the road. Not too dam bad when half your shots are from 3. I mean it's not the 44 they had at AUB when they also shot more 3s than us in that one too, but it isn't bad when you are that close and jacking up 3s almost every possession. The same number of fouls were called on each team yesterday LMFAO.

so,were making fun of UL for complaining about refs? I have stopped following game threads because of the CONSTANT crazy complaining about refs. There is no freaking way that this thread is real

Context! Think about it. A 3 page bitch session about officiating by a fanbase that had nothing to do with the game. It’s one thing for the fan bases of the teams playing each other to bitch and moan. That’s normal. But a non-involved fanbase? LOL. Rent free in their heads.

Waaaaaaa!
Waaaaaaaaa!
Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

We finally get a “fair” whistle (23 fouls apiece) and the haters come out swinging!

F em

I wouldn't necessarily call it a fair whistle when the fouls are even despite the fact 25% of our shots were from 3 point range and 55% of their shots were from 3 point range. Anyone with common sense knows the team taking it to the hole should shoot more free throws and the other team should have more fouls. Auburn fans, U of L fans or anyone else should be happy AU didn't have 8-10 more than UK with that big of a difference in Points in the Paint.

Still have the same number of titles as us in the past 40 years.”

Haha :joy:

so you want UK games in the SEC to be 55 pt contests and big 10 basketball ? Call the damn fouls but do it fairly.

Not calling every ticky-tacky foul would actually improve game play. You'd see the scores get higher and the game would flow better.

The reason big10 basketball tends to be low scoring is because of the kids they generally get. They tailor the play style to their strengths.

If we got better officiating and/or increased the fouls to 6 you'd see the better players on the floor more often and thus they'd theoretically score more points.

I just want to know how Doughty didn't get a technical and honestly tossed for getting in the refs face at the end. I thought he was going to punch him or something and he just kept going at the ref.

Exactly, but how many teams that we play shoot at least double the amount of 3s we do? AUB shot 23 more yesterday I think and only had 11 FTs less on the road. Not too dam bad when half your shots are from 3. I mean it's not the 44 they had at AUB when they also shot more 3s than us in that one too, but it isn't bad when you are that close and jacking up 3s almost every possession. The same number of fouls were called on each team yesterday LMFAO.

No we're making fun of UofL for caring about our game so much that they have to make a 3 page thread about it. Its hilarious because our game has no impact whatsoever on their season.

Not to mention that they are litterally wrong about almost everything they are saying.

Us complaining about obvious poor officiating in OUR game is way different. If you cant see that then... I have no idea how to help you.

They need to be worried about their program. They are dropping some head scratching games. They want Little Ricky to send them home in first round again. They can live off Dick Vitale proclaiming them the greatest team this season.

Did not hear much chirppin from them yesterday, as yet again they got a very favorable whistle the second half..

Wonder how bad they complained when AU shot 20 more foul shots than us, despite taking lots more 3's, in our loss down there? They probably thought that was a pretty fair whistle. Screw em.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT