ADVERTISEMENT

UK got 2 LOI's?

With all the hoping, guessing, and opining going on and assuming we have LOI from Green and a 2nd LOI coming,
which position is more advantageous?
Two "bigs" singed and 2 maybe 3 (WG) returning, would Bamba be better or a G/W? With Alexander and Green signed, wouldn't Knox or Vanderbilt be a better fit with the chance of losing Bamba?
Richards..........Hump...C
Washington.....SKJ ..PF
Gabe..Vandy/Knox.......SF
Knox/Vandy/Alex..........W
Green/Alex..................PG
Bamba is a flat out stud, he benefits us no matter who else is on the roster. Also it keeps him away from Duke so he's the most important recruit in this class, IMO.

Reactions: Galbpt02
If its true its going to be Impact type player. It isnt going to be a lower ranked tyoe player. This dounds like CALISM written all over it. My gut says Green and Bamba. I think that pic of them 2 was a tactical release from Cal and he is saying pretty much that the 1 and Done is my baby, my invention, my machine. You may be able to copy but will never truly do it Like I can. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

It will be either 2 of 3 if true
GREEN
BAMBA
KNOX
Get Kermit posted up and on call with the economy size JERGENS.

For a kid who's virtually a walk-on, he's actually pretty good. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better freshman walk-on in the Calipari Era. If he's earning a scholarship this year due to numbers, it wasn't intentional.
All admit it. He can stroke the 3. But what short white guy can't? Only way I was ever able to play

This is all wild speculation but if Chris Fischer said the second LOI was "pretty obvious" how is Vanderbilt obvious? Wasn't he trending toward TCU where his relative was hired on Dixon's staff? A player that hasn't been publicly discussed in UK recruiting circles for the last month is not "obvious." Walker was talked about way more then Vanderbilt lately. It's gotta be Bamba or Diallo if he also ruled out young. And if Barbee was at Diallo's game last night still recruiting then process of elimination....

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
This is all wild speculation but if Chris Fischer said the second LOI was "pretty obvious" how is Vanderbilt obvious? Wasn't he trending toward TCU where his relative was hired on Dixon's staff? A player that hasn't been discussed in UK recruiting circles for the last month is not "obvious." It's gotta be Bamba or Diallo if he also ruled out young. And if Barbee was at Diallo's game last night still recruiting then process of elimination....
What fisher said is when it comes out it will be obvious who it was

Didn't Cal make the comment this week that Duke wasn't going to do 1 and done better than us?

Reactions: C_Cov
I'm just curious why it's a secret? If it was Young, I could understand to prevent backlash from fans like Monk had to take. But since Young has been ruled out, I'm not sure why it's a secret? Hmmmm..

It'll be interesting if this comes out because here's what I responded with yesterday:

Well--friend sent me a text and was very happy. lol Believe me--he's very very VERY happy to have been told the incorrect info here. And what accompanied it had him even more excited-but nothing public will be announced as of now.

66 ralphdaltonfan, Yesterday at 12:43 PM

So if it does end up public--we'll soon know but he'd been told something else along with Green that had him excited. What it was (he wasn't allowed to say) I am just as much in dark as you but I was allowed to hint at more good news.

@ralphdaltonfan if you had to guess....whose your money on the other commit being??

Again thanks for sharing what you're allowed to

How's it unnecessary? I answered a question.
Who's to say that mama Calipari doesn't read these boards from our fans or notified by acquaintances? Why say things that might bring angst to Brad? He only plays mop up minutes...and I don't believe he ever expects anymore. Besides, if mama ain't happy....

Was unaware I was in the minority on brad. I shall stop
Brad is the most important recruit we have ever had - it assures Coach Cal is here for 3 more years atleast. Also, the kid can play - look at his stats. Is he a star at UK - no, but he does not suck at all. He can flat out shoot and would be playing decent minutes at smaller schools.

Be patient guys.....there is a reason things are kept quiet and it's for the benefit of the program.

Reactions: UKhoopCat
No biggie C_Cov...I know you're like the rest of us and want to see Cal here for another 15 years. I enjoy your input.
I'm trilled he is here, don't get me wrong. Just won't to see him logging 15 minutes a game (the question I was replying to)

I'm trilled he is here, don't get me wrong. Just won't to see him logging 15 minutes a game (the question I was replying to)
He's simply here for mop up duty and learning under his dad to coach one day.

He's simply here for mop up duty and learning under his dad to coach one day.
That I can get behind. John wasn't a great player himself. There's nothing wrong with not having the physical gift to play. You can suck on the court but be an all time great coach

There's comments talking about the size of a ducks junk on here any my comment was inappropriate? Okay gotcha
giphy.gif

Reactions: C_Cov
Total guess but I'm thinking Bamba and Green and they will announce together tonight.
I was thinking this. Just a bit of speculation and some educated guesses. We have had very little news from bamba lately. now a secret LoI. Bamba are friends and have stated they would like to play together. They were at the Mich st game together. The same game that opened Greens eyes. We owe duke a bit over some dirty recruiting including a suspected ploy by duke to have Bolden lead us on so we couldnt talk to Alan. JB and call do not like each other and JB has taken shots at cal. JB and K coach team USA together. Cal has been on record some things in recruiting were going to change. He was implying a no more Mr nice guy approach. Now it looks like we are sneaking in and could possibly be stealing a SU lock and a former Duke lock that many still consider the leader for Bamba. Oh yeah this has Cal written all over it. Gonna a call it now. Soon after Greens announcement tonight expect a tweet from Bamba announcing for UK. Don't think it's Vanderbilt who we may get just don't think he would be a secret commit and lead his cuz at Texas Tech on. Yeah looking for a big up urs to K and Jb and even a thumbing of the nose towards the media implying K is even on Cal's level in the oad game

If it's Green/Bamba, Cal prevents the super team Duke has intended for next year, and UK goes into the fast lane regarding being the favorite next year.

Land those two this fall, add Diallo and another off-radar guard in the spring, and UK is right back in the thick of Final Four contention next year, whereas K would be stuck guiding his youngest team in his coaching history.

Would be a great way for Cal to smile and nod, implying, "You like the OAD now, your Bitchness?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT