ADVERTISEMENT

UK got 2 LOI's?

Josh Jackson told reporters this week that if Kansas makes the Final Four, he anticipates contacting Paul Pierce, Andrew Wiggins, Kelly Oubre, Xavier Henry, Kenny Gregory, and Wayne Selden for some Final Four advice from other notable former Kansas small forwards.

When reporters told Jackson that none of those former Jayhawks played in a Final Four, Jackson responded, "Well, if the coaching staff is going to lie to me about this being 'small forward U', at least I got a new car and a few hundred grand out of the deal."

[jumpingsmile]

Jesus tap dancing Christ. UK recruited Josh Jackson about as much as they recruited Harry Giles, Billy Preston, DeAndre Ayton, Wendell Carter, Thon Maker, Terrence Ferguson, Ivan Rabb, Jahlil Okafor, etc.

UK may have spoken with Jackson and his people once or twice during the process but they didn't break the recruiting budget trying to land the guy.
I think we really did put the full court press on for Giles and struck out...I agree with all the other names on the list.

Jesus tap dancing Christ. UK recruited Josh Jackson about as much as they recruited Harry Giles, Billy Preston, DeAndre Ayton, Wendell Carter, Thon Maker, Terrence Ferguson, Ivan Rabb, Jahlil Okafor, etc.

UK may have spoken with Jackson and his people once or twice during the process but they didn't break the recruiting budget trying to land the guy.
Knowitall is truly the most hilarious name for that poster. It would be like my Bill Self having a screen name of IAMNOTBALDINTHELEAST . We literally never recruited Josh Jackson.

Has anyone thought about Young possibly being the second? Maybe Young really wants to be here, doesn't want the negative local backlash so is waiting and Green was the one that needed to see in person how multiple guard handling guards could flourish at U.K. He watches it happen the other night, seals the deal that he is good with sharing the backcourt with Young and we are getting both?

Disagree. He only spent one year at a questionable program. Everything I've read stated there will be no questions on whether he qualifies. Can't speak to why Kentucky didn't recruit him. I know there were Kentucky overtures after he changed schools this year, but then Duval dropped Kentucky from contention. It happens. Sometimes good players just don't want to play at Kentucky: See Wiggins and Jackson.
Over on the Duke board they feel really confident that if Duval is eligible , he's theirs .

ADVERTISEMENT