ADVERTISEMENT

Two questions about Edwards

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
And let me preface this by saying that he had a great game tonight.

That said...

Did he intentionally snub DJ's high five when he came out? Because it looks like DJ thinks he did.

Second question.

Does Edwards know where the gym is? Because I swear his arms look skinnier every week. I thought I saw Z whisper to him, "Dude you want to hit the curl machine with me later?"

Reactions: Greatestalltime
No he did not. He went to end of bench then came back and gave high five on way to his seat.
That's not what I saw. I saw him walk by DJ who had his hand above his head. And Edwards sat down and DJ still had his hand up for several seconds.

I'll rate Edwards an A tonight
He had a good game tonight because he was attacking the basket and not shooting as much from 3. I have thought all season he should be attacking the basket more for dunks. Lets remember who he was playing against Vandy who has only won 6 games.
And I agree he does not look like he has hit the weight room much.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Did not see the game, so cannot rate. I saw the highlights of the game and from those he was OK. Have to still worry about our toughness but at least they won the game rather easily. Guys still make way too many mistakes especially in February. I hope by Feb 21st all the unknown issues, tweaks and such are complete and this team can start playing like a top 10 team.

Season 2 Yes GIF by Paramount+

He gets an aaaaaaaa from me

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-McD
I'll rate Edwards an A tonight
Best game since the Bahamas for Edwards. But is the box score correct he had 0 rebounds? That's a problem if Cal is going to keep trying him at the 4 spot, at least while Mitchell is out. With that said we out-rebounded Vandy 50-28! (It helps that we seemingly couldn't miss a shot... not a lot of rebounds for them to get on the defensive end...)

High B. He did a lot of great things. Still lost his man on Defense a few times, but overall good effort.

Strangely, he appears to be out of shape. Very winded in every break between plays. Huffin' and puffin'.
This is what I was wondering. He was literally grabbing his shorts while playing D multiple times in the half court. crazy.

I actually watched him and commented that NOBODY came over and told him good game or dabbed him up. I was like "damn, he played a solid game and none of the players came over to him". Now, maybe after that they did, but when he first got to the bench, not one player (other than the walkons) congratulated him.

That's not what I saw. I saw him walk by DJ who had his hand above his head. And Edwards sat down and DJ still had his hand up for several seconds.
Same. Noted it in the game thread, and expected video to be posted here .... not a HUGE issue ... just a "moment" that makes you go, "uh, what was that?"

• Sad
Reactions: catben
Best game since the Bahamas for Edwards. But is the box score correct he had 0 rebounds? That's a problem if Cal is going to keep trying him at the 4 spot, at least while Mitchell is out. With that said we out-rebounded Vandy 50-28! (It helps that we seemingly couldn't miss a shot... not a lot of rebounds for them to get on the defensive end...)
Yep. Scored some points against Vanderbilt, the worst team in the league by far. That's nice for him.

But he grabbed ZERO rebounds, when many were available, and he can't defend a lamp post (like others).

Please don't start suggesting he's still worth of an NBA draft pick. Burks looked more impressive overall, IMO.

LOL, no mention of the 3 assist and 2 steals, and solid defense he played ? yes he had 0 rebounds (can't have that), he has to crash the boards. But I find it funny the OP talked about Edwards arms being skinny, then mentions Z doing curls. LOL, Z hasn't seen a gym.

Yep. Scored some points against Vanderbilt, the worst team in the league by far. That's nice for him.

But he grabbed ZERO rebounds, when many were available, and he can't defend a lamp post (like others).

Please don't start suggesting he's still worth of an NBA draft pick. Burks looked more impressive overall, IMO.
It is called progress, do you know what that means ? He also had a decent game against UT. But yeah, let's keep shitting on a kid that has been struggling, but is showing SIGNS that he may be progressing. I mean NO freshman has struggled adjusting to the college game, he is the first, lol. Give the kid a break, he doesn't owe you anything, maybe support him when he plays good, you sure as hell will criticize him when he doesn't. It is par for the course around here with a lot of you, never anything positive to say.

Give the kid a break.He hasn't been what we expected but he's still out there trying and not quitting like some have in the past.If people are mad at his playing time that's on the coach.

Reactions: Sweet Hooks
There was no problem what so ever with Edwards and DJ. At one point, after angrily subbing Edwards out of the game, Cal stooped down in front of Edwards on the bench and scorched him pretty good. Immediately after Cal left, Wagner ran up , told Edwards to hang tough and gave him a hug. Edwards was appreciative and responded well. It was that way all night. All of the players congratulated and cheered each other on. That is what I witnessed from 4 rows from the bench. Support was shown from the start of the game until the end.

High B. He did a lot of great things. Still lost his man on Defense a few times, but overall good effort.

Strangely, he appears to be out of shape. Very winded in every break between plays. Huffin' and puffin'.
He needs strength in the worst way, in my opinion that is why he struggles at his level. He needs to condition hard over the summer and really hit the weights. Same with Bradshaw. Both could be really good players if they returned and worked hard.

Same. Noted it in the game thread, and expected video to be posted here .... not a HUGE issue ... just a "moment" that makes you go, "uh, what was that?"
Roughly when was that in the game? I want to go back and look for it. I'll post the timestamp in the Youtube replay if I find it.

There was no problem what so ever with Edwards and DJ. At one point, after angrily subbing Edwards out of the game, Cal stooped down in front of Edwards on the bench and scorched him pretty good. Immediately after Cal left, Wagner ran up , told Edwards to hang tough and gave him a hug. Edwards was appreciative and responded well. It was that way all night. All of the players congratulated and cheered each other on. That is what I witnessed from 4 rows from the bench. Support was shown from the start of the game until the end.
Yup, big Z was cheering hard AF when he did that Windmill dunk too.

Reactions: megablue
I thought a turning point for Edwards in the game was when he was 4-4 from the FT line, and Stackhouse got T'd up, Cal sent Edwards to take the free throws. Hit them both. That seemed like a really savvy coaching move to give the kid some confidence. Early in the game he took a couple bad shots and got blocked on a pull-up. Good turnaround from him confidence-wise, we'll see if it carries over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT