ADVERTISEMENT

UK players' listed vs. actual heights

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
Completely unscientific opinion here having only seen these guys on TV up this point, and I realize "listed" heights are pretty meaningless. Having said that, some of the players don't look like their listed heights to me. I'm especially curious what others think, especially those of you who've been fortunate enough to see them live and up close.
  • Thiero in particular looks taller than 6'8" to me. I know he's grown since he's been here (from what 6'5" or 6'6"?), but he just looks taller. Maybe it's because he jumps out of the gym, idk.
  • Rob and Reed look about their listed heights of 6'3" to me.
  • DJ does *not* look like he's 6'4" to me...looks shorter.
  • I swear Reeves has grown and looks taller than 6'6" to me.
  • Tre looks about right at 6'9".
  • Edwards looks shorter than 6'8" to me.
  • The 7-footers I can't really tell tbh.

Reactions: jrm693
Completely unscientific opinion here having only seen these guys on TV up this point, and I realize "listed" heights are pretty meaningless. Having said that, some of the players don't look like t their listed heights to me. I'm especially curious what others think, especially those of you who've been fortunate enough to see them live and up close.
  • Thiero in particular looks taller than 6'8" to me. I know he's grown since he's been here (from what 6'5" or 6'6"?), but he just looks taller. Maybe it's because he jumps out of the gym, idk.
This is a good assessment. I think Sheppard is all of 6’3 maybe 6’4.

Reactions: jrm693
I basically don't agree with any of that but IMO 90% of time listed heights are literally exactly what they are. On this team the only one I could possibly see not being correct is Reeves as he looks 6'7ish to me. Thiero is slightly taller then him so 6'8 seems right . The good thing about this again si that almost always the listed one is right . Well unless you play for UNC .

Reactions: NociHTTP
Thiero is listed at 6-8.
To me Dillingham looks a bit shorter than 6-3.
One thing to consider is if heights listed are with shoes on or off. But everyone else looks about right except maybe Mitchell. He was standing by Bradshaw and looked considerably shorter. I. Guess he is 6-8 ish.

This is a touchy subject. All my adult life I said I was 6'2". I was really 6'1.7". Anyway, someone asked my height the other day and I said 6'2". They said you do not look 6'2". So, I measured myself. I have shrunk over an inch. At this rate I will be a dwarf by my 80's.

Player heights are often inflated.
A lot could be said about Gabriel, but he wasn't Pinnochio.

• Wow
Reactions: westerncat
This is a touchy subject. All my adult life I said I was 6'2". I was really 6'1.7". Anyway, someone asked my height the other day and I said 6'2". They said you do not look 6'2". So, I measured myself. I have shrunk over an inch. At this rate I will be a dwarf by my 80's.

Player heights are often inflated.

Heights aren't written in stone. You can gain/shrink an inch during the day.

I’ve always thought it was generally understood that listed height is +2 from actual.

DJ is definitely at least an inch maybe two taller than Reed.
Interesting, thanks for that. Maybe it's his build or that he's usually in a hunched over position during the game. Not a straight up shooter, per se.

Completely unscientific opinion here having only seen these guys on TV up this point, and I realize "listed" heights are pretty meaningless. Having said that, some of the players don't look like their listed heights to me. I'm especially curious what others think, especially those of you who've been fortunate enough to see them live and up close.
You can tell when Bradshaw stands next to Tre Mitchell how much taller he is. He’s a legit 7 footer.

Reactions: bigbluelou
Hey now, I resemble that remark.

These guys have inflated numbers for the program. We did the same in high school.
Yep...in high school I was listed as 6'1" in the playoff program. I'm 5'11". Everyone grew two inches!

DJ is definitely at least an inch maybe two taller than Reed.
I believe Reed will measure out at 6'1.5-6'2 range or so at the combine. Ive stood next to him and Jeff was there too. Jeff was about 2 inches taller than Reed and I was roughly the same height as Reed. I'm 6'1.5, Dillingham will measure under 6'3 as well. I think DJ will measure just above 6'3.

As far as the rest of the team, Edward's will be 6'6 3/4 or so, Bradshaw just under 7'. Reeves will be 6'5-6'5.5 and Ugo 6'10 3/4. Never stood close enough to Thiero or Mitchell to have a good judgement on their height, but gouging off games and practice Thiero is every bit of 6'7 plus and Mitchell is 6'8-6'8.5.

Reactions: bigbluelou
I believe Reed will measure out at 6'1.5-6'2 range or so at the combine. Ive stood next to him and Jeff was there too. Jeff was about 2 inches taller than Reed and I was roughly the same height as Reed. I'm 6'1.5, Dillingham will measure under 6'3 as well. I think DJ will measure just above 6'3.

As far as the rest of the team, Edward's will be 6'6 3/4 or so, Bradshaw just under 7'. Reeves will be 6'5-6'5.5 and Ugo 6'10 3/4. Never stood close enough to Thiero or Mitchell to have a good judgement on their height, but gouging off games and practice Thiero is every bit of 6'7 plus and Mitchell is 6'8-6'8.5.
Thanks! Sounds like you've been up close with at least some of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT