ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest players ever at UK

A

anon_q409idbs5m40a

OK, since we've been talking about greatest players, most overlooked, greatest plays, etc. , what about the toughest players ever at UK. A few that come to mind are:

Mike Pratt
Larry Stamper
DeMarcus Cousins
Winston Bennett
Cliff Hagan
Jamal McGloire
DeAndre Liggins

Just to name a few.

Reactions: _Rooster
Issel
Bennett
Hurt
Skywalker -look at the pics of him playing against St Johns in the NCAA if you need proof
Robey
Phillips
Lee
Magloire
Boogie
Ullis
Hayes

Reactions: zannmann
Ulis is an excellent choice.
We need an expert.
@smooth as butter @smooth as batter

Who do you think?

How yas been?
Can you quit with this butters stuff? You kiss ass on the carolina board nonstop and think your butters sthtick is funny. It's not. Really. Anyone doubt this, check his constant suckass Carolina bs. Pick a team for goodness sake. Your stupid posing act is simply that, stupid. F***, you probably have more likes from carolina fans than uk fans. Wish you would gtfo and play to your true audience. In advance, lie your ass off, all your past posts are there on carolina blue(where you suck balls for all to see). Question:? Why do this inane idiot bs in the first place? Don't bother with some stupid I'm a true cat fan lie, l posted here for ... whatever. You have been sucking on the carolina teet for years. Give it up and go away.
Wish you were a true fan, your carolina posts show you to be fake. That's a fact jack, or we will say liar.

Reactions: Kybluedude
Johnny Cox has to be in this conversation. Leading rebounder and lock-down defender for the '58 NCAA Champs.

Can you quit with this butters stuff? You kiss ass on the carolina board nonstop and think your butters sthtick is funny. It's not. Really. Anyone doubt this, check his constant suckass Carolina bs. Pick a team for goodness sake. Your stupid posing act is simply that, stupid. F***, you probably have more likes from carolina fans than uk fans. Wish you would gtfo and play to your true audience. In advance, lie your ass off, all your past posts are there on carolina blue(where you suck balls for all to see). Question:? Why do this inane idiot bs in the first place? Don't bother with some stupid I'm a true cat fan lie, l posted here for ... whatever. You have been sucking on the carolina teet for years. Give it up and go away.
Wish you were a true fan, your carolina posts show you to be fake. That's a fact jack, or we will say liar.
Lol. I'm banned from the Carolina board. I hate to break it to you. I think most here know who I am. I'm certainly not a Carolina fan

Last edited:
Reactions: awf
th
CAFJePyWsAEH-nR.jpg

Dude, seriously, you are unhinged.

And don't call anyone on being a UK fan when you didn't even know UK basketball has wore brands other than Nike. I actually don't believe you are a UK fan, I think you troll. Probably a UL fan tbh.

Wish the mods would finally get rid of you for good. Keep jabbering and triggering yourself. It will make the ban come much faster.

I would say alex poythress, i have never seen a player highly rated as he was coming out of high school and not only not leave early but never really hit his potential, took crap from us, media and opposing fan bases, he tore his acl, the list just keeps going for poythress.. You never saw him without a smile on his face and he never complained about nothing, just done everything cal asked of him not sure how much more you can ask of a player.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
OK, since we've been talking about greatest players, most overlooked, greatest plays, etc. , what about the toughest players ever at UK. A few that come to mind are:

Mike Pratt
Larry Stamper
DeMarcus Cousins
Winston Bennett
Cliff Hagan
Jamal McGloire
DeAndre Liggins

Just to name a few.

Lou Tsioropoulos

Reactions: awf
Alan Feldhaus probably whooped his a$$ several times.:D
As for being physically the toughest I would say Alan Feldhaus would be right there at the top, along with Larry stamper, and James Lee. If I'm not mistaken he chased a Tenn. player off the floor one knight with intentions of kicking his ass.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If we are looking for the player who would come out on top in an old fashioned fist fight, Larry Stamper is the only choice.

I close second IMO would, Alan (Horse) Feldhaus. I remember the game Tennessee put in Howard Bayne to rough up our star, Cotton Nash and get him thrown out of the game. The Horse stepped in and ran Howard Bayne into the stands at mid court right past the UK Band.

I am sure there have been many UK players stronger than Larry Stamper but seriously none would come out on top in a fist fight against him. Ask Tom Payne.

Reactions: Burger-n-Shake
The toughest dude to ever lace em up at U.K. is Winston Bennett and it's not even close.
Winston was definitely in the mix but don't sleep on James Lee. I saw him come close to taking off Wayne Radford's head at Rupp in 1977.

As for being physically the toughest I would say Alan Feldhaus would be right there at the top, along with Larry stamper, and James Lee. If I'm not mistaken he chased a Tenn. player off the floor one knight with intentions of kicking his ass.
Stamper was definitely one mean SOB. I saw him play in an independent basketball tournament at Prestonsburg in 1975 and I thought he was going to wipe out the opposing team during a near brawl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT