ADVERTISEMENT

i mean this in all seriousness and without trying to start anything

The problem is Cal used to mix in elite teams every few seasons. That hasn't happened in a while. He's probably not winning a title without an elite team. Can he still do it? I seriously doubt it, but it's possible. People are ready to start winning at a Kentucky level again, regardless. Win the SEC regular season, win the SEC tournament. 1 SEC tournament win since 2019, and our last SEC regular season title was 2020. You know the rest, we've been stuck in the 1st weekend of the NCAA tournament since 2019. Plenty of shit for people to bitch about.
I hope this season is it. This team feels different to me. I hope he lets them play how we have most of the season. I did see some stats and our offensive efficiency was still really good second half of the Arkansas game so that’s encouraging even in a low scoring game. We were also like 7-30 or something on layups in that game. We missed so many relatively easy shots. Cal has led teams many times to the final four so I still think he can do it but it’s gotta happen. I understand why some don’t think it will happen again though.

Reactions: Mike-D
problem with OPs plea for rational conversation is he’s the most irrationally positive poster I’ve ever seen and tells people they don’t know basketball if they don’t agree with him. Everyone on our team is a lottery pick and we’re always #1. It’s wild. Khalil Whitney is a lottery pick, Sahvir Wheeler is going to be an All-American and “if you don’t see that you don’t know basketball.” He’s not interested in real talk he’s interested in kumbaya

I hope this season is it. This team feels different to me. I hope he lets them play how we have most of the season. I did see some stats and our offensive efficiency was still really good second half of the Arkansas game so that’s encouraging even in a low scoring game. We were also like 7-30 or something on layups in that game. We missed so many relatively easy shots. Cal has led teams many times to the final four so I still think he can do it but it’s gotta happen. I understand why some don’t think it will happen again though.

I have a love/hate relationship with the dude. Love who he is as a person, and what he will do for communities, but he plays favorites, loves his 5 stars to a fault, and won't adjust his defenses when they are pathetic. So there are probably some instances where I seem insane on here, going off about him. I can't help it sometimes. I do love the man though. Matt Jones said it best. I have Cal fatigue.

I have a love/hate relationship with the dude. Love who he is as a person, and what he will do for communities, but he plays favorites, loves his 5 stars to a fault, and won't adjust his defenses when they are pathetic. So there are probably some instances where I seem insane on here, going off about him. I can't help it sometimes. I do love the man too.
Same.

I have a love/hate relationship with the dude. Love who he is as a person, and what he will do for communities, but he plays favorites, loves his 5 stars to a fault, and won't adjust his defenses when they are pathetic. So there are probably some instances where I seem insane on here, going off about him. I can't help it sometimes. I do love the man though. Matt Jones said it best. I have Cal fatigue.
I totally understand. I was fully on the Cal train up until 2019/2020. That was a good team that didn’t get a shot. After that he’s made a lot of blunders and mistake. The 9-16 team was inexcusable, not having depth in 2021-2022 sucked, not getting better guards to go with Wallace in 2023 and still plodding the offense sucked too. Lots of media blunders and his attitude toward winning/fanbase has turned many off.

I honestly have seen some changes starting last year into this one though. It gives me hope for the future especially with how we are recruiting again, to his demeanor on the bench, even his press conferences overall have been better.

If he can get this team to reach its potential then I’m all for him staying and keeping the momentum going. Another early flame out and then I’m about ready to move on, maybe one more year at most. Make him Ambassador in charge of NIL/put him in a recruiting role for the next coach.

If he can get this team to reach its potential then I’m all for him staying and keeping the momentum going. Another early flame out and then I’m ready to move on. Maybe make him Ambassador in charge of NIL/put him in a recruiting role for the next coach.

Win the SEC regular season and SEC tournament, and I'll let a Sweet-16 or Elite-8 exit slide. If we win 1 and not the other, need an Elite-8 for me. Don't win either, I need a Final-4.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Win the SEC regular season and SEC tournament, and I'll let a Sweet-16 or Elite-8 exit slide. If we win 1 and not the other, need an Elite-8 for me. Don't win either, I need a Final-4.
I feel the same way, we need to start winning some stuff again. This is UK! We used to win the SEC/Tournament/Elite 8 pretty much every other year. Cal started out his first 8 or so years with exactly that kinda resume and even better in some respects.

Cal is a great coach and we're lucky to have him. I wish he'd stay for another 10 years.

It stopped until Cal got exposed and refused to change his gameplan.
Since that is clearly a LIE, you are arguing in very dishonest manner, kind of like a troll. And since I now know that about you I won't have to read any more of your lies since I just put you on ignore. You are only the 3rd person in 10 years I've put on ignore because of similar reasons so I don't do it for just a regular troll, only the most dishonest ones. Have a nice day.

problem with OPs plea for rational conversation is he’s the most irrationally positive poster I’ve ever seen and tells people they don’t know basketball if they don’t agree with him. Everyone on our team is a lottery pick and we’re always #1. It’s wild. Khalil Whitney is a lottery pick, Sahvir Wheeler is going to be an All-American and “if you don’t see that you don’t know basketball.” He’s not interested in real talk he’s interested in kumbaya
It is more than that.
He has an agenda.

The responses about people holding doors open and being courteous is fact. Idk it all happened after 2019. The main stream news and the media at large made everyone afraid of each other. During covid imo. I’m sure social media has some play in it too.
I wouldn’t say it’s much to do with Covid or fear. It’s just a me first attitude. Of course I live in a city so it’s way worse, but even when I go back to western KY to visit family, middle of nowhere, people don’t hold open doors. They don’t even look back. They just go in and are all about them going to their spot.

Grocery stores are worse - people park carts in the middle of the aisles and stare at product, not even aware they are blocking people (or don’t care).

Reactions: RunninRichie
I wouldn’t say it’s much to do with Covid or fear. It’s just a me first attitude. Of course I live in a city so it’s way worse, but even when I go back to western KY to visit family, middle of nowhere, people don’t hold open doors. They don’t even look back. They just go in and are all about them going to their spot.

Grocery stores are worse - people park carts in the middle of the aisles and stare at product, not even aware they are blocking people (or don’t care).
You know it’s bad when western kentuckians aren’t holding doors anymore.

Reactions: TheDude73
There is a FB page that you may like...something, something No Cal players haters or bashing. I find it just as annoying as the strictly Cal haters. I guess I'm firmly in the middle and don't have a specific agenda so just looking for BB discussions myself. Good luck finding what you're looking for.
I like that page. While you will see a little negativity and criticism, for the most part, it is a positive site. Most of the Cal haters on this site would be removed almost immediately. I have been part of some very good basketball discussions there.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Some people just need to chill out. Their are to many people that are either extreme with hate or extreme with love for Calipari. I got news for both crowds. He’s not the worst coach in college basketball and for the other side he’s not perfect like you think he is LOL

Is there any UK basketball board where rational fans can talk UK and college basketball? this place has been so full of nonsensical Calipari hate it is just not a legitimate forum where reality can be talked about. I mean he isn't god he does make mistakes and he can be hard headed but No one in their right mind can argue he is one of the all time greats and while he had a few down years ( relatively as we were a 2 seed 3 seasons ago and a good not great season last year) He has righted the ship and has us as one of the top 5 teams in terms of a chance to cut down the nets . Yet people on here spend more threads attacking him as if he was some shlub not the 2nd greatest coach at UK ever. It just gets tiring when all I want to do is talk realistically about UK basketball , recruiting and sometimes UK players in the NBA . Is that too much to ask? There has to be a site for normal UK fans who aren't nuts in the worst way.
Your comment reveals just where are program is right now. In the past, the expectation for the UK program was excellence, but many have now accepted mediocrity. How many more years will it take to reach a Final Four?

Pump this one up cane. Tell us how great these players are & what they will average & be All Americans. you are probably slobbering all over the nba All star game like you do cal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT