ADVERTISEMENT

This Board Might Be Too Far GONE

Then why fool with watching anymore period?
Are you really this dense? Because a person doesn't live vicariously through a bunch of college kids they aren't fans...let me guess here.....you are one of those people that if the subject of the conversation isn't UK you are an idiot?

The LOD helped get cal. Without the LOD Tubby remains the U.K. coach. I’m sorry guys but the guy defending tubby and blaming the LOD is just vomit inducing.

And people want cal to change. There isn’t a CLOD yet... when 100 posters are saying fire cal then you can call it a CLOD. But right now people just want cal to change something and get us excited for the future again.
It's not his job to, "get you excited for the future". If Cal was to shit gold bricks you clowns would still be harping.......that is your MO......you evidently have a zero life and your only happiness is when UK wins a national title.....anything short of that is losing........you folks are missing out on so much....really sad.....

Are you really this dense? Because a person doesn't live vicariously through a bunch of college kids they aren't fans...let me guess here.....you are one of those people that if the subject of the conversation isn't UK you are an idiot?

He is...

Reactions: awf
Climb inside cal? WTF does that even mean? Is it some sort of attempt at a homo-erotic put down ?

similar to that of a 13 year old emo girl voicing her frustrations on Tumblr.
rdlol.gif

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
It began after the cheesehead loss in 15. Times change and the game has totally changed in just a few years. Cals pitch is old and archaic. Top kids have realized they're going to make it without him. Most don't care about winning and most certainly don't care about tradition. Those days are gone and probably for good. I glad Cal doesn't cheat and I hope he never learns their ways. It's hard to see us take a dip but totally understandable. Cal put the fear of God into college ball for a few years but I fear those days are leaving quickly. Can he reinvent himself? Of course he can. Will he? I don't think he's that kind of a guy. He's still very relevant but not where he was just a few years ago.

We currently have two of the top ten players in the class coming in next year. We would've also had the # 1 player if certain things hadn't been put into motion in Memphis. We're still recruiting several of the top players that aren't currently committed. I don't think his pitch is too old and archaic. But then again, I just use logic and not bullshit emotion. You must be a Lib.

We currently have two of the top ten players in the class coming in next year. We would've also had the # 1 player if certain things hadn't been put into motion in Memphis. We're still recruiting several of the top players that aren't currently committed. I don't think his pitch is too old and archaic. But then again, I just use logic and not bullshit emotion. You must be a Lib.
I'm a lib and you are again missing the point. Maybe it's intentional or maybe it's just you easily miss points. Having 2-3 top 10 players or 4-5 top 40 players is awesome...in a normally branded program. It doesnt work in the one and done environment where roster turnover is constant. Having really good players for one year will not get Cal another title. Having solid players for 2 years and really good frosh wont get it done. You either get 1-2 studs every year along with a few really good returnees or it doesnt work. Not that complicated if competing for titles is the goal.

Yeah,
I'm a lib and you are again missing the point. Maybe it's intentional or maybe it's just you easily miss points. Having 2-3 top 10 players or 4-5 top 40 players is awesome...in a normally branded program. It doesnt work in the one and done environment where roster turnover is constant. Having really good players for one year will not get Cal another title. Having solid players for 2 years and really good frosh wont get it done. You either get 1-2 studs every year along with a few really good returnees or it doesnt work. Not that complicated if competing for titles is the goal.
Yeah, that's nothing but bullshit. Any team constructed in any manner can win the title if it's good enough and plays team basketball. Kansas hasn't won a title in a few years and they have had many types of rosters. Villanova finally struck gold but it took them quite a while to do it. Dook has had teams with 2 to 4 of the best recruits and not even made the Final Four. There's not one or two formulas to win a title like some of you meatheads think. There's many working part and variables. Everything just has to come together.

Reactions: kybassfan
Yeah,

Yeah, that's nothing but bullshit. Any team constructed in any manner can win the title if it's good enough and plays team basketball. Kansas hasn't won a title in a few years and they have had many types of rosters. Villanova finally struck gold but it took them quite a while to do it. Dook has had teams with 2 to 4 of the best recruits and not even made the Final Four. There's not one or two formulas to win a title like some of you meatheads think. There's many working part and variables. Everything just has to come together.
I dont disagree with this. Every coach and program (especially the top ones) are trying to figure out how to best compete for titles. Its only an opinion but I think Cal would be best served by going the Nova route. Unless he feels like the upcoming classes have studs that he can get.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
I dont disagree with this. Every coach and program (especially the top ones) are trying to figure out how to best compete for titles. Its only an opinion but I think Cal would be best served by going the Nova route. Unless he feels like the upcoming classes have studs that he can get.

By the way, I got a little over the top with some of my language there and I apologize. I wasn't directing it at you but towards all the negative crap that has repeatedly shown up on here.

By the way, I got a little over the top with some of my language there and I apologize. I wasn't directing it at you but towards all the negative crap that has repeatedly shown up on here.
Understandable. I hate being viewed as negative. Cynthiana native, born and raised a UK fan, displaying my UK flag proudly in INDY around a lot of IU fans. I'm pulling hard for Cal and hoping this years team can make a run. But admittedly I think the 2015 loss to Wisky and the recent "rut" have me more pessimistic than optimistic.

It's not his job to, "get you excited for the future". If Cal was to shit gold bricks you clowns would still be harping.......that is your MO......you evidently have a zero life and your only happiness is when UK wins a national title.....anything short of that is losing........you folks are missing out on so much....really sad.....

His job is to win games and winning games gets people excited for the future. Unless you think his job is something other than winning here at a blue blood basketball school.

Understandable. I hate being viewed as negative. Cynthiana native, born and raised a UK fan, displaying my UK flag proudly in INDY around a lot of IU fans. I'm pulling hard for Cal and hoping this years team can make a run. But admittedly I think the 2015 loss to Wisky and the recent "rut" have me more pessimistic than optimistic.
That 2015 fiasco against Wisconsin affected many of us, me included,couple that with the NCAA letting UNC off scott free has sullied me on college basketball. When Cal was hired and started getting all that top talent, I was sure he would win 3-5 nattys,has not not happened, and after 2015, I am not sure if he can win another one. He had a team made for a title and still managed to choke it away. If he could not do it with that team loaded with NBA stars, I do not see how he can do it with 2nd and third round OAD'S.

Reactions: Wildcatsworld
His job is to win games and winning games gets people excited for the future. Unless you think his job is something other than winning here at a blue blood basketball school.
He is not going to win every game though so people need to accept that. It's okay to feel alittle down but to get down right ornery is not good or healthy.

Reactions: awf
He is not going to win every game though so people need to accept that. It's okay to feel alittle down but to get down right ornery is not good or healthy.

Losing 27 games in 3 years plus 6 games this year isn’t winning enough to get fans excited at a blue blood. Especially when it’s only 46% over ranked teams.

It’s not pure trash and fire worthy but it’s also definitely not exciting

I started out on the old AOL board, before I came over here in 2004. This place really is not that much different from than it is today:

1.) This place is awful after a loss.
2.) Some people are never happy with anything.
3.) Don't miss a game and expect to find out how the game went by reading the game thread. UK could be up by 50 and it's hard to tell.
4.) Learn to laugh a little.

I'm not pissed about it but it is frustrating missing out on the elite players in every class.

You do know if you want top 5 players that sometimes only 3, 4, or 5 schools are not frustrated, the rest are.

It began after the cheesehead loss in 15. Times change and the game has totally changed in just a few years. Cals pitch is old and archaic. Top kids have realized they're going to make it without him. Most don't care about winning and most certainly don't care about tradition. Those days are gone and probably for good. I glad Cal doesn't cheat and I hope he never learns their ways. It's hard to see us take a dip but totally understandable. Cal put the fear of God into college ball for a few years but I fear those days are leaving quickly. Can he reinvent himself? Of course he can. Will he? I don't think he's that kind of a guy. He's still very relevant but not where he was just a few years ago.[/QUOTE

I guess this means that you and a couple of others are not watching the Cats anymore?

There’s a reason I don’t post as much as I used to.

The older I get, the more I realize this stuff isn’t worth getting all worked up over. If we go 0-40 it affects my actual life zero.

I’m not a negative guy by nature, so I try to avoid negative people. They bring me way down

Sports in general are just distractions and pointless entertainment. Far too many of our fans base their entire identity on the performance of 18-20 year olds.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Sports in general are just distractions and pointless entertainment. Far too many of our fans base their entire identity on the performance of 18-20 year olds.
Do you think the explosion of social media is partly to blame?

I started out on the old AOL board, before I came over here in 2004. This place really is not that much different from than it is today:

1.) This place is awful after a loss.
2.) Some people are never happy with anything.
3.) Don't miss a game and expect to find out how the game went by reading the game thread. UK could be up by 50 and it's hard to tell.
4.) Learn to laugh a little.

The old AOL board wasn't much better than the Paddock.......a bunch of hateful talk on there...........

Reactions: Cindog28
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT