ADVERTISEMENT

This Board Might Be Too Far GONE

There’s a reason I don’t post as much as I used to.

The older I get, the more I realize this stuff isn’t worth getting all worked up over. If we go 0-40 it affects my actual life zero.

I’m not a negative guy by nature, so I try to avoid negative people. They bring me way down
Loser[winking]

Reactions: MegaBlue05
that's not true - he chooses to do that with his recruiting choices and his philosophy of being a players first coach

It would actually be easier to recruit 3 or 4 Jeff Sheppard/Jules Camara types that would learn his system and develop over the years to mentor the young studs coming in, to show them how to prepare for away games and to be a steady calming influence on the programs as we go thru the season.

But he'd rather load up on talent or keep that scholly open in the hopes that the next great player is just waiting for that offer from UK.
Well that doesn't make it not true LOL. You can say it's his fault, but it's still true. So most of the fans here go ape shit over not getting top 5 guys and now you want him to go for 3 and 4 star players? I bet the fan base would love that. Having a shot, a shot at a good team every 3-4 years and being just ok the others instead of having a shot every year. 2 years ago Fox and co. were a bad call from the final four and last year about 15 missed Fts by PJ (Granted an injured PJ) from the elite 8 but, Ok.

I have been thinking the same thing lately. I've spent years telling fans to stay the course, take the bad with the good. I see much more good than bad. Every year we have so many fans calling out Cal and trashing the team only to see them embracing it all in the end and posting their lofty expectations again. I mean don't get me wrong I want to win it every year and cuss at the TV like a madman, fight with other fans, but always for us. The best in college basketball. I get fed up with certain players and Cal makes some moves that drive me crazy, but then I remember what it was like before.

With Cal I feel like there's always a chance and it's been one hell of a ride. Some people don't get that Cal has to remake a team every year. Teach the most basic things and get a new group to buy in again and again. It can't be easy. Plus on top of that he has a fan base who thinks any loss is too many. I hate losing more than anything, played competitive sports from 1st grade through college. Each loss ruins my day, sometimes my week and beyond. I hate fair weather fans. I have been called a sunshine pumper, but have been right more than wrong with us turning things around. This year, 4 games, 3-1 and people are throwing in the towel and predicting the end. This might be the biggest overreaction of our fan base yet and that's saying a lot. Dook was bad, I hate them more than anyone and it feels like that has turned up the negativity vibe to an all time high. Don't say recruiting. We have 2 top 10 guys and are far from done. How many times has it looked like it would be an avg. class only to see us back at #2. We are Kentucky, the best and we have Cal the best man for the job. We always have a chance.
Duke slammed us with bought players and eventually Karma is going to bite this Duke team and I just hope that it does when it’s in the tournament when they meet another team like Lehigh who will shoot and make a large amount of threes!

Well that doesn't make it not true LOL. You can say it's his fault, but it's still true. So most of the fans here go ape shit over not getting top 5 guys and now you want him to go for 3 and 4 star players? I bet the fan base would love that. Having a shot, a shot at a good team every 3-4 years and being just ok the others instead of having a shot every year. 2 years ago Fox and co. were a bad call from the final four and last year about 15 missed Fts by PJ (Granted an injured PJ) from the elite 8 but, Ok.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. He wants a 7 man rotation, he has left scholarships open in the past, so yea I absolutely want him to go for a couple 3 of 4 star players. Darius Miller was key to us winning our National Title.

The excuses are a cliche'. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on here said Tubby Smith was one rimmed out shot from a final four or a bad ankle from a national championship

It's sad really, the majority of posters are negative, or obvious trolls. I don't see it rebounding at this point. Actual fans are the minority now and derided as "sunshine pumpers". Go ahead and tell me how you are the real fans, haters, while you bash the coach and team for being 3-1, but only the second best recruiting class. Kick dirt over it, or burn this sucker down, it ain't coming back.
Where did all the bandwagon ass fans come from?

It doesn't have to be one or the other. He wants a 7 man rotation, he has left scholarships open in the past, so yea I absolutely want him to go for a couple 3 of 4 star players. Darius Miller was key to us winning our National Title.

The excuses are a cliche'. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on here said Tubby Smith was one rimmed out shot from a final four or a bad ankle from a national championship
He just signed one, the kid from Ky. Sooooooo....

Reactions: Cindog28 and awf
He just signed one, the kid from Ky. Sooooooo....

Plus the point is every year we have a chance and you can't say that with Tubby. Especially not this far in. Anyway you are so far from my point in which I said Cal has to put a new team together every year and you said not true, but what you should have said was he chooses to do it. End of discussion. Again people are going nuts on this board giving Cal shit for not getting top 5 guys so I doubt they want 3 and 4 star guys and us with a 30th ranked recruiting class or somewhere in that range which is what it would be.

Reactions: awf
Plus the point is every year we have a chance and you can't say that with Tubby. Especially not this far in. Anyway you are so far from my point in which I said Cal has to put a new team together every year and you said not true, but what you should have said was he chooses to do it. End of discussion. Again people are going nuts on this board giving Cal shit for not getting top 5 guys so I doubt they want 3 and 4 star guys and us with a 30th ranked recruiting class or somewhere in that range which is what it would be.

I did say he chooses to do it. You actually quoted my post where I said it

I learned from the LOD zealots that no matter how close you are to whatever obscure stat they dream up, if you miss it you suck and weren't even close. Tubby had a couple teams a hair's breath from final fours. They missed and he was totally suckage because that was the only stat to judge a coach by. That same bunch, the CLOD, will do the same thing with Cal. Instead of doing an objective assessment, they'll dredge up some BS stat and judge the whole program by that.

That is the lack of integrity these guys have. One stat and a mess of innuendo. Sad state of affairs. Bottom line, we're in a down cycle of our golden age, but still in a golden age. I've lived through 2 20 year gaps of championships. This minor down turn amounts to NOTHING.

Last edited:
I learned from the LOD zealots that no matter how close you are to whatever obscure stat they dream up, if you miss it you suck and weren't even close. Tubby had a couple teams a hair's breath from final fours. They missed and he was totally suckage because that was the only stat to judge a coach by. That same bunch, the CLOD, will do the same thing with Cal. Instead of doing an objective assessment, they'll dredge up some BS stat and judge the whole program by that.

That is the lack of integrity these guys have. One stat and a mess of innuendo. Sad state of affairs. Bottom line, we're in a down cycle of our golden age, but still in a golden age. I've lived through 2 20 gaps of championships. This minor down turn amounts to NOTHING.

Does your wife like bamaCucking around or is that your idea? If all bbn fans were like you, tubby would still be around. Thanks for letting us know you were a TSF all the way until the end though. Let’s us know your opinions are horrible

Last edited:
The LOD helped get cal. Without the LOD Tubby remains the U.K. coach. I’m sorry guys but the guy defending tubby and blaming the LOD is just vomit inducing.

And people want cal to change. There isn’t a CLOD yet... when 100 posters are saying fire cal then you can call it a CLOD. But right now people just want cal to change something and get us excited for the future again.

I never understand the "well we've only won 8 titles in 80 years" or whatever. Since Cal has been at UK four programs have won MULTIPLE championships: Duke, UCONN, Nova, UNC. There's absolutely no reason UK should not have at least one more title. This is about being one of the top programs in the country and closing the deal.

UNC** has not won multiple. UCONN has 2 but they’re also in the toilet now. Kansas has zero. They are supposed to be the other bluebood.

THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NO REASON UNC SHOULDN'T HAVE MORE THAN ONE TITLE SINCE CAL HAS BEEN HERE!

THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NO REASON KANSAS SHOULDN’T HAVE A TITLE SINCE CAL HAS BEEN HERE!

Sounds pretty smart, eh?

UNC** has not won multiple. UCONN has 2 but they’re also in the toilet now. Kansas has zero. They are supposed to be the other bluebood.

THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NO REASON UNC SHOULDN'T HAVE MORE THAN ONE TITLE SINCE CAL HAS BEEN HERE!

THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NO REASON KANSAS SHOULDN’T HAVE A TITLE SINCE CAL HAS BEEN HERE!

Sounds pretty smart, eh?
Thank you Aike. Man, it’s like Old Miss or something. No offense to Old Miss of course, but this is getting funny. We Are UK. And thank god for that. Im so happy, and feel blessed everyday that I was born a Kentucky Wildcat, I mean , There’s very few fans that have our kinda problems. Hahahaha. We go from bashing others, to bashing our own in just a week or two!! My lord. ! I’ve never seen anything like it. Anyway keep up the great job Aike and thank u again.

Awesome! Who’s the new coach?
ZaytovenCat. I know you don’t really feel like things are that bad. I know a lot of guys are upset with a few things right now, but man, we are UK. WOOHOO. The one and only!!! Often imitated, never duplicated, Undisputed Greatest Program in the world!! We will get things rolling again soon and get back on top of the Mountain!! We always do and we always will. Every single team, has a down year here and there. It’s funny I’m saying down year and we’re in the top ten and the season has just started. Lmao. This shit don’t even matter till March, so man the hell up and come back to us brother!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
It's one speed. A silent jerk but he's family. It took me a while to realize that. I like it straight.
I like Kev69 he is usually straight to on point with his answers. I think some posters just tend to take his post literally most of the time. He has a good sense of humor. He may rub some others the wrong way, but so do I. Most of the time I'm just messing with people and other times I'm more serious ie. my post in this thread. I love reading your post, because you always have a great come back with your post, and it's always in the old John Wayne style.

It's sad really, the majority of posters are negative, or obvious trolls. I don't see it rebounding at this point. Actual fans are the minority now and derided as "sunshine pumpers". Go ahead and tell me how you are the real fans, haters, while you bash the coach and team for being 3-1, but only the second best recruiting class. Kick dirt over it, or burn this sucker down, it ain't coming back.
False. It was never there to begin with. But, neither are any other sites. Fans are fans. Some wear tinted glasses. others wear tin foil hats. Still, others wear on your nerves with the here and now not looking at the road ahead knowing things most often times change and usually for us, change for the better. But, fan is short for fanatic and it really is this that drives the train for without it, sports would just be sweaty people playing with balls mostly.

Reactions: awf and ftp000

Sounds pretty smart, eh?

Since John Calipari has been employed by the University of Kentucky .. UNC has won 2 championships.

Though that first week, UK was not in the tournament.:chairshot:

Last edited:

It’s been too far gone for a long time. At least when Tubby and Billy were here, there were legitimate things to bitch about.,

Reactions: CatfanMike47

I love it when the self righteous "fans" blast other "fans" for not always seeing the good in every game or season. You realize the term fan doesn't mean you never see bad but rather that you are an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator according to Webster's Dictionary. I think that means both sides qualify as "actual fans". There is nothing that says you have to love everything a team does to be a fan.

I love it when the self righteous "fans" blast other "fans" for not always seeing the good in every game or season. You realize the term fan doesn't mean you never see bad but rather that you are an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator according to Webster's Dictionary. I think that means both sides qualify as "actual fans". There is nothing that says you have to love everything a team does to be a fan.
Thanks for the lecture Pops, I never said one has to be constantly positive, or that an occasional complaint is wrong. I was OBVIOUSLY talking about the current state of this place, which is now filled with constant complainers, trolls, and their defenders, Pops. Reading is fundamental, pipe down and work on your comprehension.

Do you realize when you post an opinion in a public forum it is subject to rebuttal? Or did you think you could spew crap on the program and get roses and chocolates? Nobody says you can’t say negative things. Just stop being a nancy boy when it comes back at you.

Since John Calipari has been employed by the University of Kentucky .. UNC has won 2 championships.

Though that first week, UK was not in the tournament.:chairshot:

Asterisk - The Filth is an institution with a 20 year history of being cheating pathetic scumbags. You should be ashamed using them as an example. We do not compare ourselves with filth.

Do you realize when you post an opinion in a public forum it is subject to rebuttal? Or did you think you could spew crap on the program and get roses and chocolates? Nobody says you can’t say negative things. Just stop being a nancy boy when it comes back at you.

I am not sure what you are talking about. I didn't post anything negative or spew crap. I just pointed out that the OP stated that only the "sunshine pumpers" are true fans which is false. Maybe you should lay off of the bottle this early.

Thanks for the lecture Pops, I never said one has to be constantly positive, or that an occasional complaint is wrong. I was OBVIOUSLY talking about the current state of this place, which is now filled with constant complainers, trolls, and their defenders, Pops. Reading is fundamental, pipe down and work on your comprehension.

Ahh name calling. I may be a "pops" but are you even an adult? You dislike the complainers on here and I dislike folks who blast everyone who has a different opinion than they do and instead of having a respectable conversation resort to insults and name calling. Guess what? Some day you will get old, unless you die first and some you kid can disrespect you for being old.

Ahh name calling. I may be a "pops" but are you even an adult? You dislike the complainers on here and I dislike folks who blast everyone who has a different opinion than they do and instead of having a respectable conversation resort to insults and name calling. Guess what? Some day you will get old, unless you die first and some you kid can disrespect you for being old.
The "Pops" was a reference to your lecture-ee attitude, not your age, I'm plenty old myself. You started it by calling me "self righteous". Now hush, goober, I'm watching the game.

Last edited:
The "Pops" was a reference to your lecture-ee attitude, not your age, I'm plenty old myself. You started it by calling me "self righteous". Now hush, goober, I'm watching the game.

Technically you started it by saying only true fans don't complain. I don't think any fan is a better fan than another just because of how they handle a loss.

I disagree with this whole sentiment. If you REALLY love Kentucky, them doing bad does or at least "should" affect your actual life, right?

No. I can’t control how we play in any fashion. I’m just a fan. It’s just a game. Real world impact is minimal at best.

But, I gather you take this stuff way more seriously than you should and if you’re older than 30 I feel kind of bad for you.

lol..then since you are soooo mature and the game means nothing to you why are you a grown man on a message board? Also, I hope you do not ever travel and go to games in real life....because if you do then that means you spend real life money on this stuff. I hope you are not over 30 and spend real money on these silly games, because that is money that could go to your family you selfish twatt.
212 posts, and almost all of them negative, you are part of the problem, stop being part of the problem...troll.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
lol..then since you are soooo mature and the game means nothing to you why are you a grown man on a message board? Also, I hope you do not ever travel and go to games in real life....because if you do then that means you spend real life money on this stuff. I hope you are not over 30 and spend real money on these silly games, because that is money that could go to your family you selfish twatt.

I never said it’s bad to support your team. I said it was silly to let said team losing a game affect your real life. Do you really not understand the difference?

I love Kentucky. I watched us win it all in person in 96 and 98. I went with my family to every SEC tournament from 92-2000.

But if we lose, I don’t let it ruin my day (other than the last loss of the season and I’m usually over it the next morning) and I don’t run to the internet to talk shit about players and coaches if we lose. I post here because I love the Cats, but the always negative people who live to be miserable get on my nerves - in real life and online.

Reactions: stereonut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT