ADVERTISEMENT

The UK/UCLA Betting Line Has Changed

While I wish I shared your certainty in us winning, I am nervous. However, I completely agree that losing to a team for a third straight time is something that Calipari does not do. (For the record, I know we lost to Florida three straight times a few years back but I stand by my comment). If I were UCLA's fan base right now, I would be a nervous wreck this week. Bring it on.

These are the same morons who made Luke Kennard the favorite to be tournament MOP. Just remember that!

They seem to be forgetting that there's a good reason UCLA got a #3 seed. They didn't win their conference regular season or tournament. UK won both. That alone should make UK the favorite IMO.

Reactions: gracetoyou
vegasinsider.com had ucla -1 this morning and it hasn't changed.

These are the same morons who made Luke Kennard the favorite to be tournament MOP. Just remember that!

They seem to be forgetting that there's a good reason UCLA got a #3 seed. They didn't win their conference regular season or tournament. UK won both. That alone should make UK the favorite IMO.

Not the fact that UCLA best UK on its home floor when they played?

UCLA absolutely should not have been a three seed, they were ranked third in the country, had no bad losses, avenged most if not all of those.

UCLA is extremely good. And its not 3 straight times - that's stupid, it would be 2 straight times, both teams are completely different from last year - that makes no sense to say 3 straight times.

I don't understand the surprise at not being favored. We got beat by them on OUR floor. They have nobody out, neutral floor, and we didn't blow anyone out. Thus why we aren't favored.

Reactions: Jazzycat
UCLA absolutely should not have been a three seed, they were ranked third in the country, had no bad losses, avenged most if not all of those.

Who would you have put them ahead of? UL or Duke maybe. But you can't seed them higher than Oregon or Arizona, both of which are #2 seeds and should have been. UCLA finished THIRD in the PAC 12. They had chances to be a #1 or #2 but didn't win the games they needed to. They split with Oregon (won at home after being down by 20 in the first half) and USC, and lost 2/3 to Arizona. They got waxed by Zona in the PAC 12 tournament semifinals. I don't see how you give that a 2 seed. UK didn't lose twice to anyone this year, won the SEC tournament and the regular season.

And they did have a bad loss, to USC.

Who would you have put them ahead of? UL or Duke maybe. But you can't seed them higher than Oregon or Arizona, both of which are #2 seeds and should have been. UCLA finished THIRD in the PAC 12. They had chances to be a #1 or #2 but didn't win the games they needed to. They split with Oregon (won at home after being down by 20 in the first half) and USC, and lost 2/3 to Arizona. They got waxed by Zona in the PAC 12 tournament semifinals. I don't see how you give that a 2 seed. UK didn't lose twice to anyone this year, won the SEC tournament and the regular season.

Duke finished fifth in their conference and got a two seed. UNC lost seven games, Louisville and Duke both lost eight games. Why should tbeh be ahead of a 29-4 UCLA team.

Easy fix.

Arizona takes Gonzaga's one seed. UCLA takes Louisville's two seed. Oregon is put in the three seed in Kentucky's bracket.

Heck yeah, they should've been seeded ahead of UL and Duke, probably UNC too. They were all over seeded due to playing in the most overrated conference in college basketball history.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
I may be the only one but I prefer if the line is that small, to be the underdog. UCLA -1 feels like Vegas wants people on them. I like that. I'll be betting UCLA to jinx them. :D

Duke finished fifth in their conference and got a two seed. UNC lost seven games, Louisville and Duke both lost eight games. Why should tbeh be ahead of a 29-4 UCLA team.

Easy fix.

Arizona takes Gonzaga's one seed. UCLA takes Louisville's two seed. Oregon is put in the three seed in Kentucky's bracket.
And UNC had no business being a one at all..7 losses with three of them to Georgia tech, Indiana and Miami. That's three very bad losses. We had one. ACC has proven to be the most overrated conference ever, never before could teams with shitty resumes like that be seeded so high and above teams like UCLA and UK. This ACC bias has to stop, at least with the NCAA, it's beyond pathetic and bordering on retarded or criminal with the seedlings.

Reactions: KYExtemper

USC? The one that almost made the Sweet 16 and would have given the PAC 12 9-0 in the tourney so far??

Reactions: throatpoker
ODDS TO WIN 2016-17 NCAA MEN'S TOURNAMENT (4/3/17)
School Odds
Kansas 4/1
North Carolina 9/2
Gonzaga 5/1
Arizona 11/2
UCLA 7/1
Florida 12/1
Kentucky 12/1
Baylor 15/1
Oregon 15/1
Wisconsin 15/1
Michigan 18/1
West Virginia 18/1
Purdue 20/1
Butler 50/1
South Carolina 50/1
Xavier 100/1

ODDS TO WIN 2017 MENS NCAA BASKETBALL SOUTH REGION (3/26/17)
School Odds
North Carolina 6/5
UCLA 13/5
Kentucky 14/5
Butler 17/2

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/futures/

I like Kansas chances having a Sr. PG with fringe NBA talent. Cal has us flying under the radar somehow even on a 13 game winning streak, and regular season and conference tourney title.

UCLA has a good team. Alford's kid gets on my nerves but they have the talent to win it all and if they beat us then I'm going to have to root for them versus UNC and hope that Kansas or Arizona beats them later in the tournament. They should be favored to win and I won't be THAT bummed if we lose, but I'd love to advance obviously.

That has nothing to do with who is the favorite. UCLA is very good and already beat us on our home court. They should be favored.

UCLA has a good team. Alford's kid gets on my nerves but they have the talent to win it all and if they beat us then I'm going to have to root for them versus UNC and hope that Kansas or Arizona beats them later in the tournament. They should be favored to win and I won't be THAT bummed if we lose, but I'd love to advance obviously.

You want UCLA to possibly add another title to distance the chase?

There was one out of about 10 betting houses that I looked at this (Monday) morning that had the line at UCLA -1.5. That house has now moved its line to -1.0. That's the only move that I'm aware of. Have there been others move later in the evening?

Vegasinsider opened as a pickem for the game and Westgate still has it as a pickem but all the others have moved to UCLA -1.
One even has it at -1.5.
I agree with others on here that they should be a slight favorite but hey that didn't help the Dukies.

Not sure what to make of this one. One hand, I like that they beat us before (gives us a slight edge, maybe) and certainly I'll take Cal over Alford any day in March. Other hand, this is one of the great offenses in recent history and maybe that's a chink in Cal's armor, and there's a chance Ball lives to the hype and turns out to be a generational kind of player.

Oddly, I'm not as nervous about this game as I was about WSU (ask me Friday!). Not because I think we're more likely to win, it's just that there's no shame in losing to this UCLA. If we'd lost to a 10, we'd have heard about that for a good long while....

It opened with UK a 1-point favorite, but now they are a 1-point dog. This is due to the media love-fest with Lorenzo Ball, just like how Duke catapulted to the big favorite to win it all after the love-fest after they won the ACC tourney.

I do not see any possibility of UCLA beating UK and Coach Cal for a third straight time.

If you'd rather see UK as a favorite, run out and bet a million or so taking the point and see if the line doesn't move.

Dont know how to put a tweet on here but a guy who runs a gambling handicapping website says the public is on Ucla and the sharps are on UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT