ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday we need Auburn or/and Illinois to lose

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
The top 10 are set.
That leaves us (UK) battling Duke, Illinois, and Auburn for last 2 3-seeds.

Even though our resume is better than theirs, I bet the committee has Duke ahead of us.
Illinois and Auburn both made it to their title games without beating a ranked team. So I think they need to win to pass us (even then I question if they should, but probably will).

Go Gators and Badgers!

Reactions: Fox2monk
I’m not trying to be mean by why does it matter where UK is seeded? Lost to st peter as a 2 seed. After what Cal has done in the sec and ncaa tourneys the past few years they will get beat by a lower seed. They always do. After losing the first game of the sec tourney why do you think they will make a run this year?

I’m not trying to be mean by why does it matter where UK is seeded? Lost to st peter as a 2 seed. After what Cal has done in the sec and ncaa tourneys the past few years they will get beat by a lower seed. They always do. After losing the first game of the sec tourney why do you think they will make a run this year?
So if a team/coach ever lost as a 1 or 2 seed they should just give up?
UVA lost as a 1 seed and won it all. Coach K lost as a 2. Izzo too.

the better the seed the better your chances, even if not great. Duh!

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
A bad seed seems to motivate him/his teams. Every time we’re supposed to lose we win. Maybe we’ll get a terrible draw and roll with a chip on our shoulder.

The top 10 are set.

Even though our resume is better than theirs, I bet the committee has Duke ahead of us.
Illinois and Auburn both made it to their title games without beating a ranked team. So I think they need to win to pass us (even then I question if they should, but probably will).

Go Gators and Badgers!
The only thing is I feel those seeds were set Friday, I don’t see the committee rewarding any one of them not named Duke or UNC.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
The top 10 are set.

Go Gators and Badgers!
Honestly, at this point I think our spot is sealed no matter what. A&M game was a must and JVC choaked it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I doubt it matters. They’re probably about done with the seeding and Auburn and Illinois are both probably ahead of UK already. I’d be shocked if UK still gets a 3 seed and should be a 4 and knowing the NCAA could give UK a 5

I doubt it matters. They’re probably about done with the seeding and Auburn and Illinois are both probably ahead of UK already. I’d be shocked if UK still gets a 3 seed and should be a 4 and knowing the NCAA could give UK a 5
Earned not given.

I think the committee has probably already locked us into a 4 at this point. We did it to ourselves - our resume is too weak because we lost home games we should have won and didn’t lock in for 40 minutes every night. The only hope of a 3 seed is if the committee gives us grace for not playing many games with a full squad this year.

My point st Pete was the last time they were a 2 seed and what have they done since? I’m sorry but how do you still believe UK will make a run? To make a ff you have to beat a couple of good teams to make no matter what your seed The only thing a higher seed does is get you a few easier games.

Can’t even win a game in the sec tourney and you got hopes of a ff? Wish it was true but can’t happen. Have talent but no coach. Obviously he has accomplished nothing the last 4 years but set records for losing. You can’t deny that now can you?

I feel like a 4 is locked in. Not sure how today could help or hurt that unless we weren’t really a 4.

My point st Pete was the last time they were a 2 seed and what have they done since? I’m sorry but how do you still believe UK will make a run? To make a ff you have to beat a couple of good teams to make no matter what your seed The only thing a higher seed does is get you a few easier games.

Can’t even win a game in the sec tourney and you got hopes of a ff? Wish it was true but can’t happen. Have talent but no coach. Obviously he has accomplished nothing the last 4 years but set records for losing. You can’t deny that now can you?
Because I am a UK Fan!
Because no team in the country has more wins vs the top 10 NET than UK this year. We have just as many wins vs the top half of Quad 1 as any team also.
Why they do IDK, maybe for big games they get up for those and overcome our bad coach, IDK. So yes, as a “fan” I have hope regardless of who our coach is.

For this team matchups may matter more than the quality of the opponent. A top 50 physical team may be tougher for us than a top 10 finesse team.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT