ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say Re Oscar; positive NBA feedback

One good thing for Ugo, is that we don't really NEED him to be an offensive focal point, especially with a pairing of Bradshaw, and severa; guards who will look to score. Just need him to rebound, defend, and block shots.

I can't keep up with some of you guys. Two weeks ago if we lost Ugo we were doomed and now that he is back if he plays we are doomed. Is there any scenario we aren't doomed? I just need to know what to ask for on my Santa wish list.
Nobody said this. Not one person said we would be doomed.

What we did say, was we need to keep guys, like Ugo, in the program to develop. Losing Ugo was not good for the program.

C for effort on your troll attempt though.

As much as I like Oscar, it's probably for the best, Cal can't teach him how to defend, or protect the rim, it's time to try someone else.
And PS Jeffy rejects a POY two time all American premier rebounding player in the history of kY and college basketball.

You are not good enough for Jeffy Oscar. Maybe you’ll fair better in the league and Jeffy can use you on his PS. Sorry dude.

What a joke.

Reactions: kl40504
Agree. Jeff and others can and will pound negativity into your skull and they are very often dead wrong yet they just pick another topic to obsess on. Relax and see what happens. The way they run around with their heads cut off, you'd think some have bet their houses on UK winning a title by a certain date.
Hilarious, considering the very next post was me praising Cal's conditioning methods.

Basically, you hate reading the truth, that's what you really should be saying.

And PS Jeffy rejects a POY two time all American premier rebounding player in the history of kY and college basketball.

You are not good enough for Jeffy Oscar. Maybe you’ll fair better in the league and Jeffy can use you on his PS. Sorry dude.

What a joke.
Oh goodie, another poster that just watches the ball during games.

I also do think that if Oscar comes back, and Bradshaw stays.. we could be looking at Ugo leaving. Although I guess the deadline is today? I wonder if Ugo's camp is making some phone calls and trying to get a feel on Oscar's situation.

But yes, I feel like it's one or the other at this point. And I'd prefer Oscar because he's a known commodity.. but I think Ugo might not be far behind in terms of his impact, come March.

What we did say, was we need to keep guys, like Ugo, in the program to develop. Losing Ugo was not good for the program.

He probably complains about not being able to keep up with pronouns, his home address or which dog of Cal's is his favorite, too.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
One good thing for Ugo, is that we don't really NEED him to be an offensive focal point, especially with a pairing of Bradshaw, and severa; guards who will look to score. Just need him to rebound, defend, and block shots.
We keep saying guys don't need to be good offensively, but it's just not true.

If you have 1 guy that can't shoot, you're screwed. We learned that this year with Wheeler.

You have to score from all 5 spots if you want to be a title threat.

The other thing is, the kid from SDSU is at UK on a visit. We say the same thing about him. Great, he's a defensive nightmare, but he also can't shoot or score. Unless he can guard all 5 spots at once, he needs to at least be a threat to score, or his man is going to sag and double.

Same with Ugo, if he can't shoot the ball, all that's going to happen, is his man is going to clog the paint and hep off on D.

Play Ugo and the SDSU guy together and you're asking to lose the game.

Last edited:
We keep saying guys don't need to be good offensively, but it's just not true.

If you have 1 guy that can't shoot, you're screwed. We learned that this year with Wheeler.

You have to score from all 5 spots if you want to be a title threat.

The other thing is, the kid from SDSU is at UK on a visit. We say the same thing about him. Great, he's a defensive nightmare, but he also can't shoot or score. Unless he can guard all 5 spots at once, he needs to at least be a threat to score, or his man.is going to sag and double.

Same with Ugo, if he can't shoot the ball, all that's going to happen, is his man is going to clog the paint and hep off on D.

Play Ugo and the SDSU guy together and you're asking to lose the game.

More so, if we have the offensive scoring power from other positions. We've agreed on forging defense to play better offense. But in this scenario, I think an offensively-raw Ugo could work well with this team, and the talent coming in. But I also think Oscar could as well.

I also think having a TRUE shot blocker is a total game changer at the college level.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Hilarious, considering the very next post was me praising Cal's conditioning methods.

So Oscar is not good enough for you Jeff? I guess you think we have someone better than a national player of the year.

I also do think that if Oscar comes back, and Bradshaw stays.. we could be looking at Ugo leaving. Although I guess the deadline is today? I wonder if Ugo's camp is making some phone calls and trying to get a feel on Oscar's situation.

But yes, I feel like it's one or the other at this point. And I'd prefer Oscar because he's a known commodity.. but I think Ugo might not be far behind in terms of his impact, come March.
Would be crazy to see a guy hit the portal, come back, then hit the portal again in the span of a couple months.

When we get to the end of next season and UK is either fighting just to make the NCAA tourney or limps in as a #7 seed, just remember...one year closer to Calipari being gone.

🤣🤣 You think nobody was all gloom and doom when he entered the portal? You must have been in a coma for that couple of weeks or you were too busy arguing over something to notice. Some people were acting like the sky was falling because we were losing him and with Oscar possibly gone they were saying we wouldn't have a 5 man on the team but Ware. I am not saying it was you so no need to get so sensitive but it was on this board.

Pilgrim seems like a solid dude but I don’t think he’s nearly as connected as he lets on and regurgitates a lot of the stuff making the rounds on twitter and message boards. Matt Jones has all but said KSR is more out of the loop than they’ve ever been. Not sure who he would be talking to given the current state of affairs between them and the staff.

Pilgrim seems like a solid dude but I don’t think he’s nearly as connected as he lets on and regurgitates a lot of the stuff making the rounds on twitter and message boards. Matt Jones has all but said KSR is more out of the loop than they’ve ever been. Not sure who he would be talking to given the current state of affairs between them and the staff.
He (Jack) said he was messaging with an NBA scout …but didn’t say his name …He said the scout told him rebounding translates to the NBA …also said it was important for the scouts to see Oscar play at the combine and outside of Cal’s system …the scout then furthered saying he knows personally Oscar can shoot better than he has shown .

More so, if we have the offensive scoring power from other positions. We've agreed on forging defense to play better offense. But in this scenario, I think an offensively-raw Ugo could work well with this team, and the talent coming in. But I also think Oscar could as well.

I also think having a TRUE shot blocker is a total game changer at the college level.
I just don't think it will work in today's game. I would actually take a mediocre shooter at the 2 spot over a 5 that can't shoot. At least the guy guarding our shooting guard isn't going to clog the paint and block shots, if your 4 and 5 can't shoot, they're defenders become tampons in the paint.

So Oscar is not good enough for you Jeff? I guess you think we have someone better than a national player of the year.
Ohh, another ball watcher that doesn't see what Oscar is doing… not doing while on defense in the paint.
I love Oscar, under a good coach, Oscar is a star, but under Cal, it's a disaster.

🤣🤣 You think nobody was all gloom and doom when he entered the portal? You must have been in a coma for that couple of weeks or you were too busy arguing over something to notice. Some people were acting like the sky was falling because we were losing him and with Oscar possibly gone they were saying we wouldn't have a 5 man on the team but Ware. I am not saying it was you so no need to get so sensitive but it was on this board.
See, now you're saying something different. You Cal fans move the goalposts constantly. You have to doit, because the only way you can attack the other side, is to make shit up and exaggerate.

You said "if we lost Ugo, we were doomed", now you changed it to "you think nobody was all gloom and doom". That's a completely different statement. But nice try.

And who thinks the game is jacking threes? PlayStation.
Nobody. You think taking 20 threes a game is, "jacking threes", you're still dreaming of 2 handed set shots and granny free throws and you think that's good basketball. It's not.

If Noel was around, Oscar is not at Kentucky. He'd also be playing ahead of him if they were on same team.
Fair point.....but this argument by some that Ugo is Noel-ish....is just silly. He's probably likley to play at Nick Richards Sophmore levell...and that ain't going to work for a starting C.

We have to have a portal solution to the interior. This isn't even a serious discussion we'd start the year with Ugo as our main C.

Baller saying that someone obsesses over stuff is comical considering he’s been banned so many times and keeps coming back lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Reeves tends to make moves that result in open shots. I think he could be worthwhile to play another year but then again Oscar did just that and we still have mixed emotions about another year with Oscar.

Nobody. You think taking 20 threes a game is, "jacking threes", you're still dreaming of 2 handed set shots and granny free throws and you think that's good basketball. It's not.
Jeffy, shooting under 25% is jacking threes. They play defense in college. Rebounding and defense. Nothing matters unless you dominate that part of the game. You want to flush the greatest rebounder in the game. That is the biggest nonsense in the history of this board. That’s on you Jeffy. You’ll never get it off.

• Haha
Reactions: kl40504 and kyjeff1
I’m not sure on what’s official with the portal, but he tweeted this out about a month ago

I knew he had stated he was back, but I was wondering if the ability to transfer was at least still possible - meaning his name is still listed on the possible transfer list, or has he withdrawn his name such that he couldn't transfer now even if he wanted to.

I knew he had stated he was back, but I was wondering if the ability to transfer was at least still possible - meaning his name is still listed on the possible transfer list, or has he withdrawn his name such that he couldn't transfer now even if he wanted to.
I’m not sure on that one. I’d assume he’s out of it, but you never know with this current landscape. Guess if we don’t hear anything by end of today, he’s a Cat next season.

Reactions: G-PIP
Jeffy, shooting under 25% is jacking threes. They play defense in college. Rebounding and defense. Nothing matters unless you dominate that part of the game. You want to flush the greatest rebounder in the game. That is the biggest nonsense in the history of this board. That’s on you Jeffy. You’ll never get it off.
Never stop being you.

I actually hate when you and KL get banned fir trolling, I miss your innocent comedy. It's pure gold.

Never stop being you.

I actually hate when you and KL get banned fir trolling, I miss your innocent comedy. It's pure gold.
You just keep being you. You are proof that no matter how much filth and bile the cats are still the cats and folks like you are irrelevant. Thank god for contracts.
"Modern offense". [laughing]
Spam the A button!!!!!!

Reactions: kl40504
In a nut shell:

1. Livingston is gone.
2. Oscar is likely gone.
3. UK has no other viable options if Oscar goes.
4. Don't trust Bradshaw saying he's locked into Kentucky. Jury is still out.
5. Reeves is hardly a lock to return, but if they had to guess, they'd say he's likely coming back.
6. We're not getting Holland.

Just another late-Spring, early-summer for Johnny Clam Chowder.
Hey Saul! How long have you been an expert on everying?

• Haha
Reactions: JLoad22 and kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT