ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say Re Oscar; positive NBA feedback

Bummer vibes on Oscar. At least the beginning of the show cracked me up. We had Jack laughing with the chat comments.

Our only hope might be the portal. I really don’t look forward to a team full of newcomers again. Looking like seven new players (the five Freshmen and a couple of portal players) will be in our 8-9 man rotation. Very little margin for error with that amount of new blood in there. And the returning experience isn’t really that experienced. We would really need to get Reeves back, in that situation.

Yeah, I would take Oscar back, even with his negative stats, he's still a net positive player, I just don't trust Cal to use him, or coach him the right way. The paint would be clogged again.
Right. Cal only coached him up to NPOY.

The paint was clogged because we had no one else.

How should Cal have used him, play him at guard?

• Haha
Reactions: plumdog69
Our only hope might be the portal. I really don’t look forward to a team full of newcomers again. Looking like seven new players (the five Freshmen and a couple of portal players) will be in our 8-9 man rotation. Very little margin for error with that amount of new blood in there. And the returning experience isn’t really that experienced. We would really need to get Reeves back, in that situation.
Remember back when Gonzocat and a few of his naïve friends used to say that Kentucky would be successful if we just had a few longer retention guys. They said we needed a sample size to see if it could be done.

Then we stopped landing guys like Towns and Davis and Wall, and started landing guys like Gabriel and Green and Whitney and Livingston, and those guys also left anyway?

Looks like a Calipari Culture problem, not a player ability problem.

All that said,
Gonzo was horrifically wrong. That's why he's been hiding for years.

Last edited:
I get the feeling Cal thinks this is a good plan. Well, it is if you think about what gets his motor going, but for winning the SEC, the SECT and the NCAAT, this is not a good plan. There are too many things that have to go perfect for a new, young team to win at this level and that includes all the freshmen performing up to expectations and I just don't see that happening.

I get the feeling Cal thinks this is a good plan. Well, it is if you think about what gets his motor going, but for winning the SEC, the SECT and the NCAAT, this is not a good plan. There are too many things that have to go perfect for a new, young team to win at this level and that includes all the freshmen performing up to expectations and I just don't see that happening.
Or due to a tough ass schedule the losses start coming and the freshmen feel the pressure and the ol sit and quit bug....err I mean injury bug hits and then the wheels fall off

He is still likely a second round pick. The first round is guaranteed, and the first 10 picks or so of the second round have a high likelihood of signing with a team. After that it gets dicey.

It’s a big if, but I feel like if he can learn how to play defense there’s a role for him in the NBA. Imagine him on the Warriors just snagging every rebound and kicking it back out to shooters (wish we could have seen that here but we never constructed the right roster around him).

Ugo gonna be ready.. rebounds and rim protection with be his role. You guys forget how shitty college basketball is now n days. By the time season gets here in November Ugo will have had a year and half to get better. All it will be is dudes jacking 3s up and horrible officiating, you don't have to be good anymore... just be available. When the games will be 45 to 40 all the time due to poor chemistry teams and portal programs thats the product now.

Reactions: shodaman
Ugo gonna be ready.. rebounds and rim protection with be his role. You guys forget how shitty college basketball is now n days. By the time season gets here in November Ugo will have had a year and half to get better. All it will be is dudes jacking 3s up and horrible officiating, you don't have to be good anymore... just be available. When the games will be 45 to 40 all the time due to poor chemistry teams and portal programs thats the product now.
I'm not even sure he can handle that.He looked overwhelmed all season but suddenly he's ready against the tough SEC?Not buying it.

If Ugo starts this season the team goes nowhere.
I disagree!!
UKO can be a decent yo good C/5.
But it does mean we need a PF/4 who can score say 12 a game, so that UKO is the 5yh option on offense. In 28min he can get us 8-10 pts, 8-10 reb, and 2-3 blk, protecting the rim a lot better than Oscar.

I'm not even sure he can handle that.He looked overwhelmed all season but suddenly he's ready against the tough SEC?Not buying it.
Yeah I'm not sure either, that's why I was thinking Ware would stick around. We are gonna have a Swiss cheese roster... Cal says he's good then who are we to say 6 players aren't enough.

I disagree!!
UKO can be a decent yo good C/5.
But it does mean we need a PF/4 who can score say 12 a game, so that UKO is the 5yh option on offense. In 28min he can get us 8-10 pts, 8-10 reb, and 2-3 blk, protecting the rim a lot better than Oscar.
Cal promised Bradshaw the 4 to get him to stay so it's not happening.

Reactions: track42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT