ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes you lose

I just wish we had held for the last shot when down three and then let Monk hit that tying shot with much less time. (I'm talking about the possession before the 3 he did hit and we went with 22 secs.) Oh well, we really just did not have it today. Close, but not enough plays made.

Yeah right. We lose by 2 to the likely NCAA winner and you say we just weren't good enough. If one of those missed shots goes in we win. What a jerk.

Too inconsistent. Gabriel never developed, Willis too hit or miss, monk disappearing a lot to end the season, etc.

Reactions: Cal4Pres.
This is one is tough to swallow and the pain will linger for a long time..one of those.."what might have been.""

Good game. I'm not gonna blame the officiating cause we could have played much better. But, is that the best they could find for and E8 game? Very inconsistent

Reactions: Atrain7732
Missed FT's in the first half did not help either..Dom missed the front of a one and one..Briscoe missed 2 on a missed shot..

You bunch of "good sports" must have been watching a different game than I was. I'm mad as hell, I hope UNC burns to the ground. This makes the second time I have watched the goddamn officials give this same team the game, not to mention they shouldn't even be allowed to play in a tournament for like 10 years. You can say well we didn't do this and we didn't do that, blah, blah, blah. We lost by 2 points, 2!!! Take anyone of those God awful calls/missed calls that took points from us and gave points to them we win this easy. This is bullshit no other way to put it.

Guys Luke Maye has been shooting lights out the last part of the season.

Jeesus he scorched us the first game for those who forgot. Not point wise but timely shots and plays.

The kid has a knack for scoring.

Don't blame the players for a fluky bang bang game winning 20 footer.

Shit happens. Sometimes it happens to you. Sometimes to the other guy. Today, sadly, it was on us. UNC got beat on a buzzer beater for a championship last year.

Everybody that knows anything about the game knew that this was the de facto NCAA Championship game. Truth be told, I think UNC is probably just a smidgen better than us.

Reactions: NavyKat
Everybody that knows anything about the game knew that this was the de facto NCAA Championship game. Truth be told, I think UNC is probably just a smidgen better than us.
This one is entirely on the officials.

Well said. Agree 100%. Sucks, but sun will come up tomorrow.
Guys Luke Maye has been shooting lights out the last part of the season.

Jeesus he scorched us the first game for those who forgot. Not point wise but timely shots and plays.

The kid has a knack for scoring.

Don't blame the players for a fluky bang bang game winning 20 footer.

Shit happens. Sometimes it happens to you. Sometimes to the other guy. Today, sadly, it was on us. UNC got beat on a buzzer beater for a championship last year.

Reactions: Atrain7732
We lost for one reason. The refs took us out of the game. We lose nearly our entire starting team in the first half on bullshit calls. This team was good enough. But not good enough to win while being with criminally bad refs.

Reactions: ala_kat2
The guys played with passion, but give NC credit for their defense. Every drive Fox made was highly/highly contested. He couldn't finish like he did against UCLA. That was what led to NC's win. That and Maye's hot shooting. Also, as many have pointed out, the Refs took it away from us in the first half.
I think we were one solid big guy away from winning it all. Bam will mature into a solid NBA'er, but right now he just can't score through contact.
Proud of the Cats for getting as far as they did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT