ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone says 'this one's on Cal...

arenk

Junior
Jan 3, 2003
They need a punch in the mouth. We lost this game because of a missed FT by RD and Mitchell's inability to make any kind of shot aside from a couple in the lane. He missed probably 5 or 6 wide open 3s and Ugo, while he really played really well overall, doesn't understand how to finish at the rim. I really don't think Cal told him not to dunk from within 3 feet of the rim. These things and some bad TOs by Reed added on, cost us the game. It also doesn't help when the opposing team has a guard that was 8 for 9 from 3.

They need a punch in the mouth. We lost this game because of a missed FT by RD and Mitchell's inability to make any kind of shot aside from a couple in the lane. He missed probably 5 or 6 wide open 3s and Ugo, while he really played really well overall, doesn't understand how to finish at the rim. I really don't think Cal told him not to dunk from within 3 feet of the rim. These things and some bad TOs by Reed added on, cost us the game. It also doesn't help when the opposing team has a guard that was 8 for 9 from 3.
Whatever dude.

I would add Reed's constantly giving up 3's didn't help.

For once, I agree. We just lost.

The only thing I think cal deserves heat for is not fouling up 3 in regulation. Other than that these damn kids missed too many layups and dilly pissed down his leg at the foul line.

Reactions: MathUK
WHY did Cal continue to ALLOW Mitchell and Dillingham to JACK UP bad shots????!!!!

WHY did Cal continue to play Reed on the Headband kid that was making EVERYTHING???!!!!

WHY did Cal NOT foul with a 3 pt lead before UF made a 3???!!!!!

This one is MOST DEFINITELY "On Cal!!!!!!"

Sorry, Cal recruited them. This one is on Cal.

Here is why it is at least partly on Cal….
1. Up two with 12 seconds, he has Shep inbounds the ball to Dilly. Should have called timeout and had Shep catch the inbounds and shoot the free throws.
2. Up three…gotta foul
3. Shep getting torched on D all game. Maybe adjust the D?

I guess you better come punch me in the mouth then cause this IS on Cal. Inbound ball TO Reed instead of throw it in and the game is ovet

All this is true, but all uk had to do was foul up 3 with time running out. You would think that loosing a title at Memphis under the same circumstances, he would learn. Just a terrible game coach

It's 100% on Cal because he's let this team go on without teaching any defense and great defense is a Cal staple. Which boggles the mind that we're this bad. It's also why this team will be gone either the first or second weekend in the tournament.

So:
-Use a timeout and get the ball in Reed’s hands for the free throws. Rob was hurt, somewhat.
-Get Mitchell out and play Bradshaw.
-Foul under 6 seconds and not give up a 3.
All of these things could’ve been addressed during a timeout.
-Hypothetically, if a guy goes 8-9 from 3…at some point wouldn’t you deny him the ball to minimize his touches? Face guard? Run him off the line?
Again. This one is on the coach. All these superstars, and none of them can develop into defensive players? Coaching.

Last edited:
Here is why it is at least partly on Cal….
1. Up two with 12 seconds, he has Shep inbounds the ball to Dilly. Should have called timeout and had Shep catch the inbounds and shoot the free throws.
2. Up three…gotta foul
3. Shep getting torched on D all game. Maybe adjust the D?
I agree with #1

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This is 100% on Cal….(1) you have the best free throw shooter in the conference and you have him inbounding the ball???? (2) Refuse to foul up 3 on the final possession. Coaching is the small things….and Cal is terrible at the small details. Great recruiter, great motivational speaker, great team builder. Terrible bench coach…who is somehow getting worse at it as he gets older.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT