ADVERTISEMENT

So we finally got burnt for it, huh?!

So you want a bad passer to inbound, so you can then bitch that Cal didn’t have the teams best passer inbounding the ball.

The right choice was made, it didn't work out. It would be completely irrelevant if someone didn't forget to guard a 3pt shooter on a late shot!
Mitchell can inbound easily. Haven’t watched a replay on what transpired the last play. Yes sheps man was open but figure it was for a reason other than he forgot to guard him. Have only seen the play once live and didn’t have recorded to actually watch it play out to see why it played out as it did.

Didn’t go back and watch but I think the play was to go into Reeves but Florida took it away.

Wasn’t it at Arkansas that Reed passed it to DJ who had stepped back out of bounds whi then threw it into Reed.?

IMO Cal fell asleep at the switch after it seemed like the Cats had taken control at the end of a very tough game.

IMO Cal should have emphasized at the end to guard the arc not sink back in the middle. Now maybe he did I don’t know. But Reed looked like he was guarding as he always does, hanging back in the passing lane.

I think you are a fairly logical poster but none of that is relevant to the situation. Rob does get carried away in clutch moments but we are talking FT's in this case. It is hard to fault Cal for sending a 76% FT shooter to the line. I also think that not fouling at the end before they shot a 3 was a bad coaching decision because of the way that they were shooting the 3.
Wasn't there a game earlier in the season in a similar situation where Cal said he asked the players and they all agreed to foul, and Reed didn't foul and just said he decided not to, despite being told to? I'm pretty sure I remember that.

Missed the game, but have it recorded. Was off last night and slept right through it. Will watch later.

So, we finally got burnt because Cal had Reed inbounding the ball?! I remember people saying that it was okay before because it didn’t completely burn us last few times. We ended up hitting enough FTs to win. Cost us this game it seems. Cal is an inept floor coach. When are people gonna wake up?!

Edit: Also, you want your FIVE best FT shooters in at that point, no matter the position they play. Been preaching this all season!
"Missed the game, but have it recorded" ... Do yourself and favor and throw the recorder out of the window.

Lmao you want your best FT shooters on the floor. Also, don’t have your BEST FT shooter inbound the ball. And, yes, you foul up 3 at that point.

It's actually quite common for teams to have their best FT shooter in bound the ball and then pass it right back to him. Especially if you're best FT shooter is also your best passer.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT