ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone says 'this one's on Cal...

Oh and just seconds ago I got accosted on another thread for criticizing cal. Get a clue dude. I’m not bass
I kinda think Rock is a real UK fan, who wants UK to succeed. He just lets his attachment to Cal to get in his way sometimes

Not fouling at the end when UF is in regular bonus is coaching malpractice. Cal loses these games because he’s too lazy to practice end game situations or pay attention to any of the other minor details that win these types of games.
they scored 84 points in regulation.

You could blame several people. Definitely an inexcusable loss IMO. Can't afford to lose games like that when you already lost to UNCW and USCjr. Stings a lot, this team's inability to play defense amazes me. We are too far in the season without any shown improvement. Our offense is good but our defense must make strides in the right direction. All is not lost, but definitely a bad loss tonight. Especially when we had the win in hand.
Why do you hold out hope? How many seasons do you have to see how Cal can lose to so many teams that have less talent? It get worse every year. We are loaded and play so many close games. Don’t you agree no FF this year and he should leave?? It not how many years is acceptable to miss a FF? Isn’t 10 enough for a change?

This
I don’t even get upset anymore
Maybe it’s better not to be so invested anyway …
I'm staying up waiting for my i7-12700k to arrive overnight from Amazon. In the past I would have been livid after a home loss. Not anymore.

I'm staying up waiting for my i7-12700k to arrive overnight from Amazon. In the past I would have been livid after a home loss. Not anymore.
I’m watching The Orville again
Need to get to sleep too..

The guy he guarded was 8 for 9 from the 3 point line. He is terrible at defense.
If you’re referring to Clayton he was 7-13 from 3. No one is saying Shepherds defense doesn’t have tons of room for improvement. But fact is we’re not in that game if not for him. And his coach effed it up by not having the team foul with 10 seconds left up 3.

This one is on Cal for starting Reed Shepherd. Twice he started and UK lost both games. Team tempo was slow all night.
What about all the other loses where Reed didn’t start? Can you explain those in your butterfly effect?

Never go full retard.

I kinda think Rock is a real UK fan, who wants UK to succeed. He just lets his attachment to Cal to get in his way sometimes
lol. I don’t have any attachment to an Italian man from Philly I’ve never met. I just want my team to win. I want that man to succeed because my team wins when he does. I call it like I see it. When I think he deserves criticism I give it to him. I was one of the first posters tonight to criticize his Decision not to foul. I think it got us beat. I criticize the players when they screw up too.

Y’all think anyone who doesn’t show psycho anger all the time is a nut hugger. He’s protected by his contract and he’s not getting fired so I don’t even waste my time with all that. I want this Mfer to win every single day and I get pissed when he doesn’t.

lol. I don’t have any attachment to an Italian man from Philly I’ve never met. I just want my team to win. I want that man to succeed because my team wins when he does. I call it like I see it. When I think he deserves criticism I give it to him. I was one of the first posters tonight to criticize his Decision not to foul. I think it got us beat. I criticize the players when they screw up too.

Y’all think anyone who doesn’t show psycho anger all the time is a nut hugger. He’s protected by his contract and he’s not getting fired so I don’t even waste my time with all that. I want this Mfer to win every single day and I get pissed when he doesn’t.
I think I actually like you, rockfly. 😁

Reactions: Rockfly78
the bigger issue that, while I'll admit, that not all coaches would have told their players to foul in that situation, that is an example of where you have to question just how serious Cal is about getting a win.

and I am 100% serious when I say that. That's a check out moment on coaching.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
the bigger issue that, while I'll admit, that not all coaches would have told their players to foul in that situation, that is an example of where you have to question just how serious Cal is about getting a win.

Absolutely. He pays no attention to the little things that win close games. Just going thru the motions collecting checks.

He wants to win. Probably more than us. He just F’d up at the end of regulation. Sometimes he’s bad at his job.

This one is on Cal for starting Reed Shepherd. Twice he started and UK lost both games. Team tempo was slow all night.
Agreed. He needs to come off the bench going forward. Refuses to guard his man, ball-watches way too much, makes TERRIBLE passes (especially when going out of bounds), refuses to shoot the ball at times. The argument used to be that he needed to start because not doing so was putting the team in a hole. No, he's allowing teams to come back with his poor defense. Same result. So leave him on the bench until he gets on board.

He’s been bad at his job for a couple of years now. At least finishing it out.
We have lost more games at home than I ever thought we would. Hell I think he’s better on a neutral court than at home sometimes. I think he’s getting nervous at home cause he knows he will catch hell for losing (as he should). But he’s tighter at rupp now

He wants to win. Probably more than us. He just F’d up at the end of regulation. Sometimes he’s bad at his job.
I'm sure he *wants* to win , but he's a hall of fame coach, he's coached hundreds of wins. This should be muscle memory at this point. This is more about a let it ride attitude because he isn't as edgy, as hungry, as motivated as the Cal who arrived at Kentucky with something to prove.

A loss simply doesn't impact him like it did prior to his contract and his decision to develop a legacy outside of coaching - and no one will convince me otherwise.

This year he was re-energized, probably because at some point, either thru is own or someone getting thru to him, that his past recent performances were quite frankly embarrassing and he'll be remembered more for his recent failures than his early wins - so he put this team together, a promising collection of talent comparable to his early years, but he can't help himself. He just doesn't have that edge as a coach.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
I'm sure he *wants* to win , but he's a hall of fame coach, he's coached hundreds of wins. This should be muscle memory at this point. This is more about a let it ride attitude because he isn't as edgy, as hungry, as motivated.

A loss simply doesn't impact him like it did prior to his contract and his decision to develop a legacy outside of coaching - and no one will convince me otherwise.

This year he was re-energized, probably because at some point, either thru is own or someone getting thru to him, that his past recent performances were quite frankly embarrassing and he'll be remember more for his recent failures than his early wins - so he put this team together, but he can't help himself. He just doesn't have that edge as a coach.
I think he’s scared of losing at home. Can’t coach scared and tight. The players smell it on ya

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT