ADVERTISEMENT

Shai the most pleasant surprise

He’s not real flashy and not an uber athlete. That’s why he wasn’t rated so high. But he is highly skilled.

Shai has been one of the most pleasant surprises to me in a long time. I never expected him to nearly this good.

He has truly bought into how Cal wants to play. He doesn’t shoot a bunch of bad shots, has lowered his turnovers and he makes free throws. Now if we can just get Washington, Knox, and Richards to be more consistent, it would be great.

Reactions: westerncat
A friend of mine who's an NBA scout told me last spring that SGA was going to be a surprise, one of the best Cal's had. I wasn't sure. I guess that's why he's a scout, and I'm, well, not.

LOL, there are a lot of us like that. He’s a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: augustaky1
I watched him in the derby classic and was impressed with his game.

I've seen him play a couple of times last year and the most excited about him and Vanderbilt. We got a steal in Shai. Young man is tough and savvy. I hope he comes back next year but if he continues playing like this...he gone.

Reactions: Simple_Man
He will be here 2-3 years max. Had he gone to fla he would be a 4 year starter and pain in our ass

Going back to my original point of most surprising. He may be the most surprising since Fitch.

He is my favorite player this year. I was confused as to why he wasn’t getting more minutes early on.

it is ironic that, with all the talent Calipari recruits, some people are calling him a "surprise"...

I watched him in high school and never thought he would be this good this season. Props to @Smashcat who called this months ago.

He will be here 2-3 years max. Had he gone to fla he would be a 4 year starter and pain in our ass
He would never be a 4 year player anywhere. But if he was at UF they might be the best team in the country as he is exactly what they lack . A guy who drive and play D . They have very little of that beyond an undersized chiozza . Shai is a 2 year player and IMO will be a lotto pick in the 19 draft. His measurables are insane.

He's certainly very playing well and executing at a high level for the Cats. :clap:

DSbOrtBW4AEnTuk.jpg

He was an elite player in high school playing at an elite prep school in Chattanooga he was legit top 25 in his class

The gurus miss on occasion

People talk about "feel for the game". Shai's is incredible. He is so smart, so smooth but also fearless. I think he will be a great leader in March.

If you look at all of our pieces and imaging everyone doing their job at say 80%, we are a going to be a seriously tough out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT