ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Branham on Reed (and the other UK players) returning

JFCats22

All-American
Feb 3, 2015
Would be a major surprise if Reed or Dilly returns, neither likely or expected to be back

DJ - may return, still a question mark

Bradshaw - transfer portal seems likely

Ugo - transfer rumors are loud

Adou - will be the major priority of staff to get a return

Z - total mystery. Could return, go to NBA or go play pro in Europe

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I love that we forced all the 7 footers into the line up, when we had a decent thing going, and now all will probably bolt. I have no issue with Wagner, but I think he’d be better to get a new coach who won’t give him the green light for everything.

Reed and Rob will be missed

Klutch mercenaries (Bradshaw and Edwards) and dudes using the program to jack up shots and play 30 minutes per game thanks to their old man being chummy with the clown on the sidelines (Wagner) can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned

The only way bringing Cal back is tenable for even a portion of the fanbase is if there are impact players that return led by Reed. But it's unfair to expect Reed to come back if it's not what he wants. This is all quite the clusterf*ck that Mitch has brought upon himself and the program.

Last edited:
If I’m Reed I’m leaving, I get that he loves Kentucky but why pass up being a lottery pick? People expect him to save Cals legacy and that’s just not fair to him
Why?
1) to maximize his future earnings
2) to enjoy 1 more year of "the college experience" before having to start "adulting"

All as anyone should expect. While I’d like Adou to return, I definitely wouldn’t get in a bidding war to keep him. I also wouldn’t love committing to him as our starting 4(which is what would be fair of him to expect).

Right now I think it’s DJ(testing the process but returning), Adou, and Burks but only if he doesn’t get a good opportunity elsewhere. I’d like him back as PF3 playing approximately 350ish minutes next year as opposed to his 141 this year. Z I have no idea. He went to the combine the last 2 years and the NBA didn’t want him. Did he do enough here in less than 200 minutes to change that? I don’t think so. It’s back home or back to UK for him I’d think.

Reed leaving would open the door more for a big time SG transfer. If he comes back I think the guard transfer they get is much less spectacular(obviously would still prefer Reed).

Wagner needs to GO. If he's back next year expect Cal to shove him down the team's throat again. He's not a point guard. Reed and Boogie are pt guards. He's a shooting guard who can't shoot. Nice kid but way overrated.

Want Reed,Adou,Z, Burks and Hart back.

Wagner needs to GO. If he's back next year expect Cal to shove him down the team's throat again. He's not a point guard. Reed and Boogie are pt guards. He's a shooting guard who can't shoot. Nice kid but way overrated.

Why not want Wagner to return and flourish?

Such a dumb post. Because players never improve over time, right?

Fans constantly complain about the turnover while at the same time saying guys like DJ should leave

Reactions: Graham51
If I’m Reed I’m leaving, I get that he loves Kentucky but why pass up being a lottery pick? People expect him to save Cals legacy and that’s just not fair to him
How about I don't think Reed is ready for the pros. He may go, but in my mind watching him vs bigger quicker guards, he wasnt a pro player. He really can't create his own shot well and his defense isn't pro level either.
I love the kid and hope he comes back. If not, I hope he gets with a team that can help him develop

Such a dumb post. Because players never improve over time, right?

Fans constantly complain about the turnover while at the same time saying guys like DJ should leave
sone adhere to the "you can either shoot or you cant shoot" ... and you can refine and tweak ones stroke but not likely to turn a non shooter into a great one.
That being said; ive liked the look of wagners shot, looks fluid and smooth.

Reactions: G-PIP
I love Reed, but I want him to go pro... Because Cal will try to use him to get back into the god graces of fans who love UK... Cal is a professional con man and will do whatever to make himself look good... I don't trust Cal any longer than I trust Mitch to make the best decision for UK Sports... I am done with Cal his coaches and Mitch..... Time to clean house and start over...

GBB

We'll see. Any kind of buy-in with the fans next year is going to depend on mass returns, and Reed is the biggest piece.

No Reed = historically low fan engagement.
If Reed is gone and we have a bunch of freshmen, DJ, and maybe 1 or two other returnees who played minutes this year... who thinks we have a better result than the last 3 years? Anybody?

Since we are stuck with him, I’m hoping we get as many kids back as possible. It will only help.

If DJ, Reed, Justin, and Aaron all wanted to come back, it would be great.

Reactions: Jazzycat
If Reed were to return and play with 2-3 other guys who can walk and chew bubble gum, we’d easily be a top ten team with a competent head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike
Would be a major surprise if Reed or Dilly returns, neither likely or expected to be back

DJ - may return, still a question mark

Bradshaw - transfer portal seems likely

Ugo - transfer rumors are loud

Adou - will be the major priority of staff to get a return

Z - total mystery. Could return, go to NBA or go play pro in Europe
And thus lies the problem with bringing Cal back.....

1. I get Reed and Dilly going
2. I get Bradshaw and Ugo transferring....sorta but not totally
3. If Z gets NBA feedback...I can get my head around him leaving
4. But why we are losing DJ and Edwards is so silly....and they can be really good pieces to next year (regardless of how you feel they played last year). Bottomline, Boogie Fland isn't likely to be a ton better than a Sophmore DJ. And Richmond/Knox are in no way going to be better than a Sophomore Edwards.
5. Why we would even question losing Adou is just plain nonsense. He's a piece...hardly anywhere else they lose a good player that is playing and not a NBA candidate....but under Cal its' commonplace.

How about I don't think Reed is ready for the pros. He may go, but in my mind watching him vs bigger quicker guards, he wasnt a pro player. He really can't create his own shot well and his defense isn't pro level either.
I love the kid and hope he comes back. If not, I hope he gets with a team that can help him develop

Why??? So Cal can use him to pacify some fans ego??? I hope his mind is to transfer or go pro, he would be better off if he were at a place who knew how to use him to improve his talent... Cal is a user of talent and not a developer of talent... He can't do that any longer he has lost his edge by all the NBA first crap and his mind is on showing off kid's who have a little talent and knows nothing about development...
Don't bring up what he did with so and so.... That was ten this is now... Talent can play anywhere for any coach and do the same thing as Cal..

GBB

Reactions: catzcan and TM2013
I think DJ can improve and take a big step up, but I also think he's got a pretty low ceiling. At his core he's an average size + average athleticism combo guard that doesn't have a natural shooting touch nor does he have a natural feel for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT