ADVERTISEMENT

7 Wildcats on the East and West ASG rosters

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
Maxey
Randle(shoulder injury re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks)
Bam
AD
Booker
KAT
Shai

7 players from 1 school- Kentucky. It really is embarrassing to only have won 1 title with the amount of talent that UK has had under Calipari. Idgaf who the coach would be. 3 championship game appearances is no small feat and deserves its own recognition, but that doesn't negate the fact UK should have been a dynasty in the early-mid 2010s.

im starting to think that college ball has more to do with "role" players, than "NBA" players.

Coach Cal used to talk about listening to his system, trusting his system and defining role players to make a complete team.

Where has that talk gone?

And Fox and Murray deserve to be on there too.

It’s insane. If someone only knew what happened in the NBA, he’d assume UK must’ve had a dynasty type run over the last 15 years to rival 60s/70s UCLA.

But instead we haven’t even reached a final four in nearly a full decade.

Last edited:
How long will it take Cal to tweet this out?
"I was in my office today, and - you know what's crazy - I had an assistant hand me a paper with all my All Stars on it. [rambling] It was - now you know me, I called up the guys and congratulated them. It was a great moment. Really happy for them, and - I'll tell you what - [whisper] I know our fans are happy for them, too."
-Cal pre-Tennesse

Brunson won a championship or two.... am I right?

That stands out to me even more.

"I was in my office today, and - you know what's crazy - I had an assistant hand me a paper with all my All Stars on it. [rambling] It was - now you know me, I called up the guys and congratulated them. It was a great moment. Really happy for them, and - I'll tell you what - [whisper] I know our fans are happy for them, too."
-Cal pre-Tennesse
This is actually a very good impersonation.

Reactions: ThunderMash
Calipari just tied Dean Smith for the most NBA All-Stars by one college coach.

He now has 11 guys.

UK moves up to 54 total selections since the game began, and 19 total NBA All-Stars. This is second only to UCLA.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Maxey
Bam
AD
Booker
KAT
Shai

7 players from 1 school- Kentucky. It really is embarrassing to only have won 1 title with the amount of talent that UK has had under Calipari. Idgaf who the coach would be. 3 championship game appearances is no small feat and deserves its own recognition, but that doesn't negate the fact UK should have been a dynasty in the early-mid 2010s.
It’s a crime that D Fox didn’t make the team. Averaging 27 points and 5 rebounds and 5 assists, while leading one of the best teams in the West. Just insane that he’s not a reserve.

Reactions: EliteBlue
It's really hard to give a crap about this stat at all. I'm a Kentucky fan, not a Celtics fan just because one-and-done Bobby Joe got drafted there. Makes it more disgusting to think 7 All Stars have one NC between them.
Too bad college isn’t a 7 game series, we definitely would have won 4 at least.

Murray shouldn’t have been an All Star. A ton of missed games and he’s not better than anyone who made it. Fox is the one who has a legit beef.
You sure? Haliburton has played 35 games. Embiid has played 34 games.

Murray's played 35 games out of 49. He has career highs this year in points, assists, FG%, 3PT% and blocks per game in the 3rd fewest minutes per game of his career. He's also a 2023 NBA Champion.

It’s a crime that D Fox didn’t make the team. Averaging 27 points and 5 rebounds and 5 assists, while leading one of the best teams in the West. Just insane that he’s not a reserve.
The only reason Fox didn’t is because he plays in the stacked West and there’s supposed to be an even balance of players per position. They only take five guards, and it’s hellaciously tough to beat out SGA, Curry, Luka, Edwards, and Booker.

Fox would’ve made it easily if he played in the East.

You sure? Haliburton has played 35 games. Embiid has played 34 games.

Murray's played 35 games out of 49. He has career highs this year in points, assists, FG%, 3PT% and blocks per game in the 3rd fewest minutes per game of his career. He's also a 2023 NBA Champion.
You’re talking about guys from the East. That has no bearing on Murray.

When compared to the guards in the West he’s a tier or 2 below them. It’s no slight to him, he just is. It’s just a lot of really good guards in the West, and that’s not including a guy like Morant who is hurt but will always be there. It’s gonna be tough to be an All Star with those guys in front of him unless he puts up some insane stats.

Reactions: UK90
-Cal pre-Tennesse

🤮🤮

• Haha
You’re talking about guys from the East. That has no bearing on Murray.

When compared to the guards in the West he’s a tier or 2 below them. It’s no slight to him, he just is. It’s just a lot of really good guards in the West, and that’s not including a guy like Morant who is hurt but will always be there. It’s gonna be tough to be an All Star with those guys in front of him unless he puts up some insane stats.
So games played isn't a factor after all. Got it. I do suspect there are players that take more shots and score more points on bad teams though. I simply prefer to reward the best players but also understand it's a popularity contest.

The UNC loss was worse than Wisconsin because of cheating. For real. It was over the top even for the standard of bullshit we are used to seeing from refs.

But those two teams should’ve won titles and I think Quickly Maxey team would've had a nice shot.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The only reason Fox didn’t is because he plays in the stacked West and there’s supposed to be an even balance of players per position. They only take five guards, and it’s hellaciously tough to beat out SGA, Curry, Luka, Edwards, and Booker.

Fox would’ve made it easily if he played in the East.
They need to expand the roster 2 spots or something. No way a guy as great as him misses every single year.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
They need to expand the roster 2 spots or something. No way a guy as great as him misses every single year.
They don’t need to expand the rosters, instead just relax the requirement that there be an even balance of players per position. That’s usually the reason why when there are weird choices or unfair omissions.

They should get rid of the notion that it needs to be exactly five guards every year. Nobody’s gonna complain if an All-Star team has more guards than forwards.

Yep. I feel like all the NBA posts are akin to spam.
Yet y’all comment in nearly every NBA related thread. I don’t get it since y’all profess to not care about it so much. Usually when people don’t care about something, they have nothing to do with it. NBA related threads are easy to avoid on here.

Reactions: UK90
Maxey
Bam
AD
Booker
KAT
Shai

Yeah, I’m so embarrassed Im ashamed to show my face in public. clown 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT