ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Finals GonzoCat90 vs. CowTown Cat

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahhh I stand corrected. I thought he shot 49% his sophomore season, so my apologies. Anyway, do their career stats, since they both played two seasons.

You post them. I've done enough leg work on this thing for people to just think with their hearts. Got a Friday night ahead of me. Y'all have fun.

• Haha
Reactions: drcats2013
Because you're a Kentucky fan. But it's objectively false. You may like Green Eggs and Ham because it makes you think of childhood memories, but consensus opinion among educated people says it's not as good as Shakespeare.

The point of this thing was to discuss the best college players of the last 20 years. You may have taken the best ones you remember. But people who know more about this than either of us disagree with you.

You're in luck though. This board doesn't watch basketball either.
Literally everyone in this thread disagrees with you in regards to Lamb. Even people that voted for YOU!

Reactions: BBUK
Analytics are very close....

Win Shares - Lamb 10.9, Kennard 10.9........Tie
Win Shares/40min - Lamb 0.187, Kennard 0.192.....Slight advantage Kennard
OffensiveRating - Lamb 128.2, Kennard 127.8.....Slight advantage Lamb
DefensiveRating - Lamb 102.1, Kennard 105.9.....Advantage Lamb
PlayerEffRating/USG - Lamb 19/19.9, Kennard 22/22.9.....Slight Advantage Kennard
OffBPM - Lamb 4.9 , Kennard 6.6......Advantage Kennard
DefBPM - Lamb 1.9, Kennard 1.8.........Slight Advantage Lamb

Other efficiencies/Misc:
Effective FG% - Lamb 59%, Kennard 55%.....Advantage Lamb
Championships - Lamb 1, Kennard 0......Advantage Lamb
Teams - Lamb (UK), Kennard (Duke)......Advantage Lamb

Not that my opinion matters but I think it's harder to win individual awards, on a loaded team. Anthony Davis did, I'm aware. Let's not forget he didn't even have to be an offensive force. They're not make everyone an AA, that play for the same team. Not gonna happen, no matter how good that team is. We all know the guys who played on loaded teams, are team players. If they weren't, they wouldn't exist in some of our best memories. Knowing a team has the ability to gel, has to be an advantage. I believe the Olympics, has shown us a bit of that.

When I look, of course their performance is important. I believe the idea was to construct a team, it's not black or white. There's a reason people are inquiring about lineups. There's a lot of talent on the surviving teams.

Just saying let's all attempt to respect differing opinions. Some value defense over offense, size over speed, etc.

Not that my opinion matters but I think it's harder to win individual awards, on a loaded team. Anthony Davis did, I'm aware. Let's not forget he didn't even have to be an offensive force. They're not make everyone an AA, that play for the same team. Not gonna happen, no matter how good that team is. We all know the guys who played on loaded teams, are team players. If they weren't, they wouldn't exist in some of our best memories. Knowing a team has the ability to gel, has to be an advantage. I believe the Olympics, has shown us a bit of that.

When I look, of course their performance is important. I believe the idea was to construct a team, it's not black or white. There's a reason people are inquiring about lineups. There's a lot of talent on the surviving teams.

Just saying let's all attempt to respect differing opinions. Some value defense over offense, size over speed, etc.
Exactly. Hell, look at the 1996 Cats. That team was loaded and the GOAT IMO. That team had precisely ONE All American.

Reactions: BBUK and Fgpoe03
In a battle of 2 very similarly ranked teams, team cowtown vs team gonzo came into this semifinal match up with high hopes. Leading into the back and forth affair, team gonzo felt superior and acted as if team cowtown wasn't on their level. The coach for gonzo did nothing but smugly downtalk the feisty cowtowners. He set the tournament record for media appearances by a coach.

The affair was back and forth. The gonzos held a 4 point halftime lead and after spending over half of the intermission talking to ESPN cameras about his superior coaching ability, the head man for the gonzos made his way to the locker room and spent the other half berating his team for letting the peons from cowtown be within 20 points.

Coming out in the second half, the difference in energy was immediately apparent. Cowtown raced ahead and stretched the margin out to a 12 point lead midway through the half. But, in a show of team pride the gonzos shrugged off their coaches smug rants and ate into the lead over the next 8 minutes.

At a timeout with 90 seconds to go, a heated huddle ensued. Caught on a mic'd up team gonzo baller, one could hear team gonzo head coach shouting, "I CANT BELIEVE WERE EVEN HERE, I AM THE GREATEST COACH, HELL THE GREATEST MOST ALL KNOWING MIND IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, MUCH LESS COLLEGE BSKETBALL."

What he did next was shocking and the weirdest turn of events in sports history. Coach gonzo benched his entire roster, ripped off his clip on tie, velcrod his sneakers, and checked into the game. What was a 3 point deficit with a minute and a half left, shockingly ended up as a 13 point defeat. When asked afterwards about his thinking gonzo coach replied "if I did this to start the game, I would have beaten those bums by 20, I just didn't have enough time, wasn't warmed up, and didn't have my sweet headband."

Officials from team gonzo said they immediately fired the head coach but he is currently fighting the termination and telling said officials that they don't really want to fire him. He hasn't emerged from his office in 13 hours. He has been extremely active on social media, arguing with any random person who has anything to say.

Stay tuned for a preview of the cowtowners finals match up.

Last edited:
Exactly. Hell, look at the 1996 Cats. That team was loaded and the GOAT IMO. That team had precisely ONE All American.

Yep. Which is proof that Anthony Epps is one of the 10 best PGs of the last 30 years.

Or maybe that the all American team that year was Duncan, Camby, Iverson, Kittles, and Ray Allen.

Those six guys are all even in my book. No way to tell who was better. I liked Epps most so he's just as good. Just played on a loaded team so they didn't put him on the list.

Literally everyone in this thread disagrees with you in regards to Lamb. Even people that voted for YOU!

I wonder what the people here might have in common that would lead them to share an opinion not held by the consensus of experts.

If you figure it out let me know.

I wonder what the people here might have in common that would lead them to share an opinion not held by the consensus of experts.

If you figure it out let me know.
You keep saying this. It’s real easy to just say that everyone is biased towards UK players. He was an excellent college basketball player.

I picked Lamb for a couple important reasons. The first being he can stretch the floor for my team and also because he can play backup PG if needed. Check and check. It’s more about fit, not where he played college ball.

It was really simple Gonzo, KD is not a killer and he was your first pick in a college March madness draft. Zion might not have made it either but Cow has some killers on the roster and Zion didn’t miss the tournament of his own doing. His team was horribly constructed. KD and KAT are two of the softest super stars to ever play, you were doomed going that route. No stats we’re going to help you because people wouldn’t trust that roster up against the other in an NCAA tournament. I think you know deep down this is more than about UK players. Your team at the top would need first aid kits in a bouncy house with 7 year olds.

I definitely voted for you in your last matchup, but Cows team would win this one.

If it’s a huge blow, I’ll send you the UK Dil*o meant for cow if he’s cool with that. No pun intended.

Yep. Which is proof that Anthony Epps is one of the 10 best PGs of the last 30 years.

Or maybe that the all American team that year was Duncan, Camby, Iverson, Kittles, and Ray Allen.

Those six guys are all even in my book. No way to tell who was better. I liked Epps most so he's just as good. Just played on a loaded team so they didn't put him on the list.
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. I mean, Epps was a damn good PG and was a perfect fit for that team. Without him, they don’t win the title in 1996.

What it says is that you don’t have to be considered an AA to be a good piece and fit on a college team. Using strictly AA teams as a prerequisite and the standard isn’t always the best way to construct a roster.

It was really simple Gonzo, KD is not a killer and he was your first pick in a college March madness draft. Zion might not have made it either but Cow has some killers on the roster and Zion didn’t miss the tournament of his own doing. His team was horribly constructed. KD and KAT are two of the softest super stars to ever play, you were doomed going that route. No stats we’re going to help you because people wouldn’t trust that roster up against the other in an NCAA tournament. I think you know deep down this is more than about UK players. Your team at the top would need first aid kits in a bouncy house with 7 year olds.

I definitely voted for you in your last matchup, but Cows team would win this one.

If it’s a huge blow, I’ll send you the UK Dil*o meant for cow if he’s cool with that. No pun intended.
He’s been on the “why is everyone drafting UK players” from the jump in this draft. It couldn’t possibly be because Cal has had the majority of basketball talent at UK in the past 10+ years. I mean, he’s only had like 153 players drafted since he’s been at UK. Has nothing to do with bias. 🤣

He’s been on the “why is everyone drafting UK players” from the jump in this draft. It couldn’t possibly be because Cal has had the majority of basketball talent at UK in the past 10+ years. I mean, he’s only had like 153 players drafted since he’s been at UK. Has nothing to do with bias. 🤣

He took KAT in the second spot for the simple reason he thought he needed a good UK guy on the roster because this is a UK board.

Nobody is that shallow. And KAT is extremely soft, Durant is the softest NBA star in history. He was going to win with it until he went up against a more dominant roster. Kentucky players have nothing to do with it. I mean most posters here piss of the Cal first fans because we don’t fall in line. Now we go with a team in a draft because they’re Cal players? Ok.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He took KAT in the second spot for the simple reason he thought he needed a good UK guy on the roster because this is a UK board.

Nobody is that shallow. And KAT is extremely soft, Durant is the softest NBA star in history. He was going to win with it until he went up against a more dominant roster. Kentucky players have nothing to do with it. I mean most posters here piss of the Cal first fans because we don’t fall in line. Now we go with a team in a draft because they’re Cal players? Ok.
I just tried to draft a bunch of high motor dogs. I also believe Bam would do a very good job defending KAT. Supposedly, I don’t have a big to check his bigs.

Reactions: BBUK and Gromcat
This thread has been really entertaining.

I went with Gonzo, but I bet you his "pander-off" statements probably cost him 2 to 3 votes.

Better luck next time, Gonzo.

Hold on a minute. I am looking for the site to go down and when it comes back up Gonzo has 7 more votes from somewhere. Nah... ;)

So his first pick didn't win anything but that doesn't matter because he has "killers" but I have more champions with more experience than he does?

You've taken great joy in voting the other way in these for years for the entertainment value. I'm cool with that. These are fun and I've long embraced getting the conversation going or else theyr just dull.

All I ask is to at least try and be consistent and logical in your contrarianism. If I can do it, so can you.

This thread has been really entertaining.

I went with Gonzo, but I bet you his "pander-off" statements probably cost him 2 to 3 votes.

Better luck next time, Gonzo.

Way more than 2-3, but lots of those folks were never voting for me anyway.

I'll gladly trade votes for pages. Those have always been the point anyway.

I'll have the same luck next time and just as much fun losing for the same reasons. Good way to kill a couple weeks in the offseason.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
So his first pick didn't win anything but that doesn't matter because he has "killers" but I have more champions with more experience than he does?

You've taken great joy in voting the other way in these for years for the entertainment value. I'm cool with that. These are fun and I've long embraced getting the conversation going or else theyr just dull.

All I ask is to at least try and be consistent and logical in your contrarianism. If I can do it, so can you.
How do you figure you have more champions? 🤔

Cal has been here for half of the length of the draft window and nearly 25% of the guys taken were Cats.

Like I said, lots of people here aren't basketball fans, they're Kentucky fans. You can see it in any thread at any time. It's why we outlawed AD from the draft. It's why I mentioned removing all Kentucky players before we even started. It's why you're advancing with a couple of guys who shouldn't have been drafted. It'll go the same way next time unless we change the rules. All built in to the fun.

• Haha
Cal has been here for half of the length of the draft window and nearly 25% of the guys taken were Cats.

Like I said, lots of people here aren't basketball fans, they're Kentucky fans. You can see it in any thread at any time. It's why we outlawed AD from the draft. It's why I mentioned removing all Kentucky players before we even started. It's why you're advancing with a couple of guys who shouldn't have been drafted. It'll go the same way next time unless we change the rules. All built in to the fun.
Sure. 🤣

• Haha
How do you figure you have more champions? 🤔

I have very little interest in your explanation of how Booker and Bam and Fox are champions because you like them a whole lot and winning a title isn't the only way to be a champion.

I know Morg loves participation trophies. He's always been a huge Zion fan too.

I have very little interest in your explanation of how Booker and Bam and Fox are champions because you like them a whole lot and winning a title isn't the only way to be a champion.

No, seriously, how do you figure you have more champions? By my count, you don’t. Bam and Booker aren’t even applicable here.

Yes and he’s had more talent than any other college in the country by a WIDE margin. It’s not even close.

Ivr never voted against anyone for the sake of it. I think there’s an insecurity factor at play here. I look at the rosters and go with which I think would win.

If you paid any attention, you’d see I voted for your team last round. Oops, doesn’t fit. Better ignore that factor.

Maybe you’re not the best. I’m well aware in your mind that’s just not possible, but where the rest of us live it happens more often than you’d think. You’re losing right now, do you really think everyone is shallow, unreasonable, and simply unable to understand your greatness?

At this point you’ve got two of the most soft players I’ve ever seen play at the star level. Your inability to understand that matters to many people was probably your doom.

Reactions: STL_Cat

I think Zion is extremely overrated but on a college court with that team it would be a nightmare.

KD wasn’t all that. KAT is soft and was one dimensional. You’re overrating your team.

Ivr never voted against anyone for the sake of it. I think there’s an insecurity factor at play here. I look at the rosters and go with which I think would win.

If you paid any attention, you’d see I voted for your team last round. Oops, doesn’t fit. Better ignore that factor.

Maybe you’re not the best. I’m well aware in your mind that’s just not possible, but where the rest of us live it happens more often than you’d think. You’re losing right now, do you really think everyone is shallow, unreasonable, and simply unable to understand your greatness?

At this point you’ve got two of the most soft players I’ve ever seen play at the star level. Your inability to understand that matters to many people was probably your doom.

You can look back at how these always go. Even Norse tried to take that approach once he saw where his draft slot fell.

Like I said, it's built into the fun. We're on a UK board.

In 53 minutes when this poll closes, Gonzo’s blow up doll wife is about to take the beating of her life.

I'm actually heading out in about 20 minutes, so you guys will have to close up shop without me.

Might even be accompanied by an actual woman. Hard to believe, I know. They can exist without posting their nudes on message boards. I was skeptical at first too.

I just want to point out.. that if anyone else wants to run these drafts they are more than welcome to give me a break. Wouldn't mind just being a participant for once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT