ADVERTISEMENT

MLB All-Time Draft Round 2 LukaszObrzut vs. Cowtown Cat

Who wins H2H in a Best of 7 World Series Format?

• LukaszObrzut

• Cowtown Cat

Results are only viewable after voting.

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
This is Round 2 of an All-Time MLB Draft. 8 Position players... 4 Starting Pitchers.. 1 Closer (No Bench)

Objective: Head 2 Head which team wins in a best of 7 (World Series)

Rules
1. Babe Ruth and Shohei Ohtani can only be used as either a pitcher or position player.
2. Arguments are based on career averages (No 1 year wonders)
3. Two Days of voting you will be allowed to change your pick and your pick is public.

Link to Playoffs click here

@LukaszObrzut - Ty Cobb, Sandy Koufax, Albert Pujols, Christy Mathewson, Reggie Jackson, Yogi Berra, Lefty Grove, Warren Spahn, Harmon Killebrew, Mookie Betts, Nomar Garciaparra, Bruce Sutter, John Franco, Nellie Fox

vs.

@Cowtown Cat - Barry Bonds, Honus Wagner, Bob Gibson, Roberto Clemente, Robin Yount, Rod Carew, Carlton Fisk, Brooks Robinson, Whitey Ford, Paul Molitor, Goose Gossage, Madison Bumgarner, Jack Morris

Last edited:
Mookie Betts
Ty Cobb
Albert Pujols
Harmon Killebrew
Yogi Berra
Nomar Garciaparra
Reggie Jackson
Nellie Fox

SP- Sandy Koufax 3x Cy- K/9 King- Nasty Curve- — PS- 2x WS MVP - 0.95 ERA/57 IP

SP- Warren Spahn Cy Young/ 14x All Star - Durability - 9x led league in CG- 2500+ career K’s

SP- Christy Mathewson- 2x Triple Crown - 0.97 in 100 IP PS- dominated the era - top 10 pitcher of all time “screwball”

SP- Lefty Grove- another dominant strikeout pitcher who was fantastic in postseason

RP- Bruce Sutter- 12 yrs 300 saves - led the league in 5

Reactions: drcats2013
My team has hitting and pitching versatility. My pitching is best and the top and also 1-4

15x AS 3x mvp Yogi Berra will only boost the staff.

If we honor Honus than we must give Mathewson equal respect- in this case I have 100% two aces on the staff in this draft

Grove pitched in the 30’s hitter friendly and led the AL in ERA 9x

Spahn 13x 20 game winner led league in wins 8x & had 361 complete games

Last edited:
Albert Pujols 3x MVP top player of the 2000s

Pujols, Jackson and Killebrew combined for nearly 2000 HRs

Berra 3x MVP was also a power guy for his position - all time winner - and glue guy

Cobb, Betts, Garciaparra, Fox are you smart / high IQ players-

Last edited:
2B - Rod Carew
SS - Honus Wagner
RF - Roberto Clemente
LF - Barry Bonds
CF - Robin Yount
1B - Paul Molitor
3B - Brooks Robinson
C - Carlton Fisk

Rotation:

1. Bob Gibson - 2 time World Series champ and 2 time WS MVP. 9 Gold Gloves

2. Madison Bumgarner - 3 time World Series champ and 1 time WS MVP. 0.25 WS ERA with minimum 20 innings pitched. 52 2/3 innings pitched in single postseason. 2 time Silver Slugger Award winner.

3. Jack Morris - 4 time WS champ and 1 time WS MVP. Went 3-0 in 1984 postseason with 2 complete games in 1984 WS. Went 4-0 in 1991 postseason with a 10 inning complete game in game 7 WS victory.

4. Whitey Ford - 10 time All Star and 6 time WS champ. 1961 Cy Young Award winner and WS MVP.

That’s a total of 15 WS championships between my starters. The goal was who would win a 7 game World Series. I drafted pitchers with the most playoff success. Postseason success should be valued higher than regular season accolades in this format. JMO.

Closer:

Goose Gossage - 9 time All Star. 310 saves and 1 time WS champ.

Last edited:
I have WS CHAMP pitchers as well—- and WS hitters

Reggie Jackson, Albert Pujols, Yogi Berra, Albert Pujols and Mookie Betts are all WS champions who play key roles - in some cases MVPs

Nellie Fox hit .375 in 6 games in his WS spot — Garciaparra was a career .300 hitter in the postseason in 32 games

Last edited:
I have a very strong postseason pitching staff. All my guys are/were great in the playoffs.
No doubt they were great - as this is a HOF draft. Just mine are a little better

I think most would say Koufax is a better game 1 starter over Gibson- he had 2 CG in WS wins .. and was the most dominant in doing it.

Lefty was greater than say Bumgarner imo who outperformed all in his era (live ball era) where hitting was supreme.

Morris was a guy who won games but was hit/miss. - still take Mathewson over him who dominated his era.

Spahn was also just a respected pitcher his entire career and will take the winningest catcher away from Ford

While your staff is good, mine has to be better.

No doubt they were great - as this is a HOF draft. Just mine are a little better

I think most would say Koufax is a better game 1 starter over Gibson- he had 2 CG in WS wins .. and was the most dominant in doing it.

Lefty was greater than say Bumgarner imo who outperformed all in his era (live ball era) where hitting was supreme.

Morris was a guy who won games but was hit/miss. - still take Mathewson over him who dominated his era.

Spahn was also just a respected pitcher his entire career and will take the winningest catcher away from Ford

While your staff is good, mine has to be better.
Mine has 15 WS championships. How many does yours have?

Put mine in the same situations as yours and they’ve historically been more dominant.

It also takes more than one pitcher to win a WS.

For example - in 56 and 58 Ford , Yogi and Yankees won a WS… but Ford had a 5.25 era in 56 and 4.11 era in 58– he had a 1 WS worth talking about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT