ADVERTISEMENT

MLB All-Time Draft Semi-Finals drcats2013 vs. Dontworryboutit23

Who wins H2H in a Best of 7 World Series Format?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the Semi-Finals of the All-Time MLB Draft. 8 Position players... 4 Starting Pitchers.. 1 Closer (No Bench)

Objective: Head 2 Head which team wins in a best of 7 (World Series)

Rules
1. Babe Ruth and Shohei Ohtani can only be used as either a pitcher or position player.
2. Arguments are based on career averages (No 1 year wonders)
3. Two Days of voting you will be allowed to change your pick and your pick is public.

Link to Playoffs click here

@drcats2013 - Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson, Tom Seaver, Derek Jeter, Frank Thomas, Ivan Rodriguez, Ryne Sandberg, Vlad Guerrero, Kirby Puckett, Billy Wagner, Juan Marichal, Hal Newhouser, Ron Santo

vs.

@Dontworryboutit23 - Hank Aaron, Cy Young, Roger Clemens, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr, Mike Piazza, Dave Winfield, Andre Dawson, Tom Glavine, Jeff Bagwell, Jeff Kent, Bert Blyleven, Robb Nen

Welcome to the Semi-Finals of the All-Time MLB Draft. 8 Position players... 4 Starting Pitchers.. 1 Closer (No Bench)

Objective: Head 2 Head which team wins in a best of 7 (World Series)

Rules
1. Babe Ruth and Shohei Ohtani can only be used as either a pitcher or position player.
2. Arguments are based on career averages (No 1 year wonders)
3. Two Days of voting you will be allowed to change your pick and your pick is public.

Link to Playoffs click here

@drcats2013 - Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson, Tom Seaver, Derek Jeter, Frank Thomas, Ivan Rodriguez, Ryne Sandberg, Vlad Guerrero, Kirby Puckett, Billy Wagner, Juan Marichal, Hal Newhouser, Ron Santo

vs.

@Dontworryboutit23 - Hank Aaron, Cy Young, Roger Clemens, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr, Mike Piazza, Dave Winfield, Andre Dawson, Tom Glavine, Jeff Bagwell, Jeff Kent, Bert Blyleven, Robb Nen
Another close one. But I'm thinking (and many of these are very close, we're talking on a 100 pt scale 52-48m not a one of them an easy choice):
Hurt > Bagwell
Sandberg > Kent
Jeter < Ripken
Santo < Chipper
pudge-2 > Piazza
I swap LF/RF to make a more even comparison, else Ruth & Aaron both win easily.
Ruth = Aaron
Vlad > Winfield
Puckett < Dawson

Train > CY
Seaver < Clemens
Marichal > Glavine
Neuhouser > Blyleven
Wagner > Nen

I tried to consider defense in the above, i.e. that how pudge-2 wins since the D gap bigger than the O gap (Sandberg also has big D advantage).
Team speed is similar (Sandberg/Jeter/Vlad/Puckett - Winfield/Dawson/Aaron/Chipper).
The team on the right may have a little more power (C & last OF spot), neither team has natural leadoff hitters (Jeter, Sandberg and Chipper maybe all in the 2-hole).
I ignored Roids, for Clemens, Bagwell, & pudge-2).

Last edited:
Reactions: drcats2013
Another close one. But I'm thinking (and many of these are very close, we're talking on a 100 pt scale 52-48m not a one of them an easy choice):
Hurt > Bagwell
Sandberg > Kent
Jeter < Ripken
Santo < Chipper
pudge > Piazza
I swap LF/RF to make a more even comparison, else Ruth & Aaron both win easily.
Ruth = Aaron
Vlad > Winfield
Puckett < Dawson

Train > CY
Seaver < Clemens
Marichal > Glavine
Neuhouser > Blyleven
Wagner > Nen

I tried to consider defense in the above, i.e. that how pudge wins since the D gap bigger than the O gap (Sandberg also has big D advantage).
Team speed is similar (Sandberg/Jeter/Vlad/Puckett - Winfield/Dawson/Aaron/Chipper).
The team on the right may have a little more power (C & last OF spot), neither team has natural leadoff hitters (Jeter, Sandberg and Chipper maybe all in the 2-hole).
I ignored Roids, for Clemens, Bagwell, & pudge).
Fair assessment, for sure. I personally drafted Jeter over Ripken due to wanting someone with speed, his postseason performances, and IMO better hitting, but I can understand someone preferring Cal.

Fair assessment, for sure. I personally drafted Jeter over Ripken due to wanting someone with speed, his postseason performances, and IMO better hitting, but I can understand someone preferring Cal.
Those 2 are real close
Jeter - speed, ave, obp
Ripken - power, defense

Reactions: drcats2013
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT