Votes: 78 37.9%
  • Parents choice with in-class or virtual learning

Votes: 103 50.0%
  • Hybrid learning for all

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Full Virtual

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
News said he had a tumor removed from his sinus this week. Very sad.
The story I saw said the tumor was removed in 2015. The WKYT news story said he died unexpectedly. Horrible news..feel for his family during this time.

Last edited:
The story I saw said the tumor was removed in 2015. The WKYT news story said he died unexpectedly. Horrible news..feel for his family during this time.

Lots of late edits/disappearing posts in this thread.

kermit-tea-meme-history-meaning.jpg

..but tragic..yes.

• Love
Reactions: awf and Punkin Puss
Lexington just had their school board meeting. In summary Fayette County public schools is still an epic disaster. Returning to remote learning after Christmas. Full in person learning only when there are less than 10 cases per 100,000.. they have zero interest in going back to in person this year. Why can nothing be done about the absolute destruction of our children by the school board members and administration of Fayette County Public Schools? Hope everyone shows up next time I tell you we are having a rally..we need massive numbers. Also I know it’s impossible because they would suffer consequences but I think at this point the only thing that may help is if teachers in Fayette County formed a group and started publicly advocating for in person learning. I’m one lost parent of two poor children right now. At this point even if they did open I question why I would send them to public schools here based on what they have shown over the past year. Some great teachers but the system itself is so broken. But should I spend/can I afford $120,000 to send my kids to private school for the rest of their school years?

Lexington just had their school board meeting. In summary Fayette County public schools is still an epic disaster. Returning to remote learning after Christmas. Full in person learning only when there are less than 10 cases per 100,000.. they have zero interest in going back to in person this year. Why can nothing be done about the absolute destruction of our children by the school board members and administration of Fayette County Public Schools? Hope everyone shows up next time I tell you we are having a rally..we need massive numbers. Also I know it’s impossible because they would suffer consequences but I think at this point the only thing that may help is if teachers in Fayette County formed a group and started publicly advocating for in person learning. I’m one lost parent of two poor children right now. At this point even if they did open I question why I would send them to public schools here based on what they have shown over the past year. Some great teachers but the system itself is so broken. But should I spend/can I afford $120,000 to send my kids to private school for the rest of their school years?

10 cases per 100k? My God. Is fall in jeopardy if that's the standard? That's 30 people per day.

Do you have any desire to move to any of adjacent counties? Most of our neighbor counties gave it a go in the fall.

We had ours enrolled in public until late July when the writing was on the wall. I'm pretty sure he's staying with his group now. F*ck public schools, the school board, and everyone supporting that nonsense. Criminal.

Here is the metric released today. Seems to be a shift toward hybrid which is thought was more risky than all in person.

EpOmdrKXUAE2hxT

Here is the metric released today. Seems to be a shift toward hybrid which is thought was more risky than all in person.

EpOmdrKXUAE2hxT
It is. By far the most risky. Then you have kids mixing on off days with other kids in pods and sitters. Science is in on this. Also doesn't alleviate the parents responsibility and ability to work. Hybrid is the worst case. Lol. That's breathtakingly stupid.

3 cases in lex = cancel field trips, implement cohorts, eliminate visitors.

If this is going to become endemic that will never happen.

I don't even know what to say to be honest.

According to tweets, the JCPS plan is supposedly starting back with some students after teachers have received their second COVID shot. Who knows when that would be, but at least they have a plan.

I watched some of the FCPS board meeting, but they just go on and on. Was there an official vote?

According to tweets, the JCPS plan is supposedly starting back with some students after teachers have received their second COVID shot. Who knows when that would be, but at least they have a plan.

I watched some of the FCPS board meeting, but they just go on and on. Was there an official vote?
So they'll both be out all year.

So they'll both be out all year.
I think the shoe is going to drop at some point and there will be too much pressure, and we’ll be back in some fashion. FCPS has already said no to Hybrid once, so I assume that bridge is burned. All the schools are ready for whatever is thrown at us over the next few weeks. The plans are being turned in and approved this week, so it’s just a matter of someone giving a green or red light.

The good (?) news is that the union folks have the pension stuff coming up in the KY legislature, so they’ll be busy with that ... maybe.

EpOmdrKXUAE2hxT

Consider Remote Learning. No longer "shut her down".

That is the take away.

That's the only thing I can see different than previous guidance.

They pulled the 25/100000 out of their rear and have quadrupled down on that threshold. It has about as much meaning as:

220px-Hsas-chart_with_header.svg.png

As a parent, I would agree to be given the choice between classroom or virtual learning. But sometimes there is such a pace at work that I don't have time to keep track of my child's learning. For safety reasons, our child is in virtual learning.

Safety for whom?

We need to get these studies underway soon, if they're not already happening. They sent their kids back in September and we still have schools closed. How are we so stupid, that we get so lucky the worst pandemic in a century is harmless to our children, yet we are causing them them most long term harm?

BBC version of that state sponsored study. "Ministers say it a "national priority" to keep schools and colleges open. "

Last edited:
Some things.

If we’re at Orange we could do something called a gradual phase-in. That would/could probably look like K-2, 6, and 9th grades in the building. That’s a big if.

If we’re at Red all of that is still possible.

Purple (where we are now), everyone home.

One board member at least is in favor of a buffer between the Tuesday decision day and actually being in a building. That sounds to me like if we were at an allowable rate on the 5th, nothing in person would start until after MLK day.

JCPS out until mid-February at least.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
My God. That would be 3 years disrupted. Majority of some students entire High School experience. That article is insanity. I mean, read this:

Austin Beutner, the superintendent, said he would like to use the district’s extensive testing infrastructure to systematically vaccinate teachers, school nurses and others. But he does not expect a return to pre-pandemic conditions — dozens of children in classrooms five days a week, without social distancing or masks — until the end of 2021.

“If we were able to provide those who work in a school with a vaccine tomorrow, great. They themselves are protected. But they could also be a silent spreader,” he said, referring to the fact that it has not yet been determined if vaccinated people can still carry and spread the coronavirus. And students are unlikely to receive shots before the fall because pediatric trials have only recently begun.

In Chicago, the teachers’ union is fighting a plan to begin returning some students to schools early next year. “Obviously, if school is continuing remote, there’s less urgency around the vaccination,” said the Chicago Teachers Union’s president, Jesse Sharkey.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Welp...

Chris Brady, who represents District 7, said JCPS families need to prepare for the “very real possibility” that remote instruction will last through the end of the 2020-21 school year.

Someone might also want to let Marty know we're nowhere near vaccinating kids, because unlike dumbass politicians, the drug companies realize it's not a priority.

ADVERTISEMENT