ADVERTISEMENT

Our defense needs to get better……period

It’s not going to get any better at this point. We are 40% of the way through the season.

Reactions: Rockford
UK is the worst team in D1 guarding Isolation back downs per Synergy stats, remember St Joes and UNC Wilmington

Cal doesn’t want to trap a back down dribbler (which is crazy with their length and athleticism), it’s not hard to rotate out of it if practiced

Not connected at all defensively…they all play on an island with no TEAM defense

Last edited:
Just gave up 42 points in a half to a very average team. I’ll keep beating this drum for the rest of the year. If our three isn’t falling and we don’t improve defensively we have 0 shot in March……..fix it Cal, now before it’s too late.

They gamble a little too much …
Yup. Reed is really shifty with his hands and gets a ton of nice steals, but those steals are what people remember and not him gambling and not getting it or getting blown by off the bounce. Very few of these guys are good on ball defenders. Edwards got absolutely torched earlier tonight with just a few simple crossovers by his guy.

Just amazes me the ones that were calling out others last week or anyone that was concerned after the Florida game.
Do you see now what in the hell we are talking about?
Wait no you never played.

UK is the worst team in D1 guarding Isolation back downs per Synergy stats, remember St Joes and UNC Wilmington

Cal doesn’t want to trap a back down dribbler (which is crazy with their length and athleticism), it’s not hard to rotate out of it if practiced
Good analysis.

Just gave up 42 points in a half to a very average team. I’ll keep beating this drum for the rest of the year. If our three isn’t falling and we don’t improve defensively we have 0 shot in March……..fix it Cal, now before it’s too late.
It’s gotta be on the players as well. Just lazy ass play way too often.

Just amazes me the ones that were calling out others last week or anyone that was concerned after the Florida game.
Do you see now what in the hell we are talking about?
Wait no you never played.
Ah, the old you cannot comment on a sport unless you played it line! Classic!

Reactions: Jeff Sykes
Defense has been abysmal this half with Missouri shooting 60%. Missouri keeping UK off balance and making the Cats work on offense. Need to really work with Bradshaw and Oyennso on their footwork and interior defense….the guys are also out of position on rebounds much of the time. Let’s win this thing - GBB!

Reactions: dl51344
As good as Sheppard does a lot of things. He's terrible on defense other than steals. He can't guard anyone very well.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Oh, I see it. Playing or not playing just has nothing to do with it.
I’m not really sure what point you are trying to make. I don’t care if you’ve never picked up a basketball or played d1. My point is their defense if not improved will cost us at the worst time in our biggest game of March. If you think our D is solid not sure what to tell you.

Reactions: bigbluedon
almost always you can't outscore your defense 6 games in a row in a ncaa tourney. Somebody catches you

Last edited:
Reactions: runningbears
I’m not really sure what point you are trying to make. I don’t care if you’ve never picked up a basketball or played d1. My point is their defense if not improved will cost us at the worst time in our biggest game of March. If you think our D is solid not sure what to tell you.
The guy don’t know anything about the game!

It’s January, I just don’t think it’s getting much better. Cal has always had good defensive teams, I just can’t figure this team out. They are one of the fastest offensive teams in the country! It’s like they just aren’t interested in defense. They play defense in small spurts!

Not connected at all defensively…they all play on an island with no TEAM defense
Trapped some tonight and Missouri wound up with wide open 3 or lay up

We are what we are. Gotta hope the offense doesn't fail in March
It's def gonna fail at least once, and that's before we make the final four, if we do in fact make it. But if we lose before then it'll def be because of shots not falling.

I would like to see more pressure on the ball in half court D. Get up in them some I'm not saying all the time but you watch tonight we had zero pressure on ball.

Reactions: rolaid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT