• Parents choice with in-class or virtual learning

Votes: 103 50.0%
  • Hybrid learning for all

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Full Virtual

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
————————————————-
How in the world is Manny Caulk still employed as Superintendent? He is the most incompetent leader I have ever seen and our kids continue to suffer at his direction.
————————————————-
From the article:

According to our news partners at the Herald-Leader OSHA says they began the investigation in April after 19 employees tested positive for COVID-19 at the Miles Point bus garage. One employee, bus driver Eugenia Higgins Weathers, died.
Weathers was one of more than two dozen employees within the school’s transportation department to test positive for COVID-19.
Back in May, one of those employees told the Herald-Leader that school leaders knew about a potential outbreak within the department, but they, “didn’t let us know.”
The OSHA database report shows a total of $9,000 against the Fayette County Schools Transportation Department for two violations.

Haven't posted a deep dive of all school info in a bit. Here's your foder to speak intelligently with family and friends over Thanksgiving that have been brainwashed each day at 4p. Study up, long thread.

Reactions: bbonds
NAFC is closing for at least a month after Thursday. From what I gather it’s not from high infection rates among the kids but from teachers and support staff

so barren county went virtual during the last week of october and said they would open on the 3rd then they pushed it to the 13th and now they’re pushing it to the 30th....WTF?

Last edited:
Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
There is solid evidence that school actually helps slow the spread of the virus, not accelerates it within communities. Why? Because it's one of the few places where there is almost universal "following" of the guidelines.

Consider the alternative where kids go do whatever the hell they want and don't have to go to school. They aren't doing that stuff with masks, handwashing and social distancing. Our governor has lost it.

Our local diocese hasn’t made any announcement yet. Wonder if they’re going to stay open and dare the state to enforce?

As to religious schools, the new order would infringe upon religious assembly and expression. Which is protected by the First Amendment, and therefore a fundamental right. Fundamental rights can only be infringed upon by the govt when there is a “compelling state interest.” And even then, the infringement must be “narrowly tailored” to achieve the government’s objective in the least restrictive manner possible. (That’s actually the law - not my opinion.)

I’ll grant, for the sake of argument, that the state govt has a compelling state interest in controlling the virus. But where they will lose, as applied to religious schools, is the “narrowly tailored” part of the test. Simply put, when you can still go to bowling alleys, liquor stores, vape shops, college basketball games, tattoo parlors...but not a religious school...well, let’s just say the govt fails that test. That is not a “narrowly tailored” restriction, and that is a slam dunk from a constitutional law standpoint.

I hope some religious schools (and for selfish reasons, the diocese where my kids go to school) challenge this most recent order on this basis.

Better keep all of this in mind next time you get to vote. It has been proven Democratic leaders will cave to political pressure and agendas. Liberty and life will be lost once that happens. You are living that time these days. Vote for your freedom next local and federal election..vote Republican. Never forget....elections have consequences....from school board members to superintendents to governors to beyond, these times have proven what power “leaders” have and the extent to which they will use that power to control YOUR life. Oh yeah , join me and my friends at the next rally at Fayette County Public schools demanding schools be open 😁. Power in numbers! We have over 3,000 members in the “Let Them Learn in Fayette County” (Democrats and Republicans both I’m sure in this group....just a group who wants choice for their kids to do virtual or attend in person) Facebook page but the only voices they hear are those that show up at the rally or send letters/make phone calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Based on all the work that I am seeing educators go through this school year to handle virtual learning + in person AT THE SAME TIME, this statement is just incredibly insulting and tone deaf to everything they've been trying to do.

On top of having to organize child care for their own kids, too. (And probably doing a bunch of charity work too since they usually have the most insight into what kids are facing day-to-day -- or at least did until March 2020.)

Based on all the work that I am seeing educators go through this school year to handle virtual learning + in person AT THE SAME TIME, this statement is just incredibly insulting and tone deaf to everything they've been trying to do.

You're right. Ground level you have a majority of amazing teachers that are vastly underappreciated and underpaid. It's obvious a bunch of them worked hard all summer to make in person happen. Also obvious they're as frustrated with NTI and terrified at the repercussions as we are. Specifically in the areas at risk areas that I've been going on about. However, their union is tied to them, and I don't know how you clearly separate it. IMO, the unions are doing irreparable harm to the teachers right now. When you have everyone else out stocking shelves, driving trucks, working registers, patrolling streets, fighting fires, and they are somehow not capable of teaching our kids in person, it's a really bad look. To be fair, 2/3 of the teachers at our school wanted to keep going in person vs 88% of parents. I'm very impressed with that.

It does seem like the schools narrative has changed. NYT is dropping a new article everyday on it. Good. Don't let these politicians off the hook.

I wish Biden would stand up and say, "all our kids will be back in school by Jan 22nd and we'll absorb whatever that costs to also keep us safe."

I think the larger issue is trying to get consistency going. It's obvious that in-person works best (and should forever squelch this idea that the future of education is online) but shuffling back and forth is hard. My wife also wants to be in the classroom but she hates how all the usual techniques teachers can use they are not able to because they are ordered to stand at the front and not circulate. And districts are having a really tough time with sub coverage too.

Everyone does feel defeated by this and schools are going to have to do a lot to recover what has basically been a year of lost learning.

Last edited:
According to the Facebook Group, including one of the attorneys working on the case, SCOTUS has directed Beshear to respond to the AG application by 4p Friday.

Re: Manny and FCPS.

Manny was all for sticking with the plan that if the county was red, no one goes back to school. Now that he’s on medical leave, who knows what will happen?

I’m afraid his interim replacement is going to back him 100%. She sent a brief intro out today and made zero mention of getting kids back to in person learning. Opened with how blessed they are to have such a great leader like manny 🤦🏻‍♂️.
————————————————
Dear FCPS Families:

Fayette County Public Schools is blessed to have a leader like Superintendent Manny Caulk. After completing my service as Acting Superintendent prior to his arrival, I have remained a part of the district team in different roles and seen the good work happening in our district these past five years.

I am humbled to have been asked by the Board of Education to briefly serve as Acting Superintendent while providing Superintendent Caulk the opportunity to focus on his health. My role will be to ensure that our organization remains focused on challenging students to learn at high levels.

Serving students and families is at the core of our mission and our top priority. Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership.

Sincerely,

Marlene Helm

Fayette County Public Schools Acting Superintendent

She sent that to staff also, but this was the last paragraph.

I look forward to the work ahead with a laser focus on serving students at high levels as we continue NTI: 2DL this month and prepare for a return to in-person learning.

She sent that to staff also, but this was the last paragraph.

I look forward to the work ahead with a laser focus on serving students at high levels as we continue NTI: 2DL this month and prepare for a return to in-person learning.
Interesting she mentioned in person to teachers but not parents.

Driving from my house to my kid’s daycare (which thank the lord is still open) late this afternoon, I passed two dance studios, both of which were full of young kids going in and out, in the studio, etc. Really happy those kids get to do that - don’t get me wrong - but how in the hell does it make sense that it’s not safe for them to go to school during the day, but no problem to crowd into a dance school in the evening?

Answer: KEA

The fact we don’t have a single journalist in this state calling this out is asinine. What a damned joke.

What’s not a joke - what this is doing to the kids. Lots of people complicit in this devastating charade.

Th CJ has a writer with a Pulitzer for investigating Bevin pardons and never asks Beashear anything The HL let’s LFCHD recite false fatality rates without nary a question. It’s complicit.

Matt Jones jumping on the let’s end this virtual crap, it’s hurting children wagon. Someone posted a tweet of his with an article talking about how bad it is. Maybe he could talk to his friend Andy?

Well this is disheartening. What are we doing?

tenor.gif

Your lovely governor, folks. Email responses from questions I asked our superintendent.

"I completely understand and agree with you. However the Governor's order carries the weight of law. Our teachers could lose their certification if we chose to ignore the governor's order. We simply do not have a choice."

And

"All other times have not been under an Executive order. This order has teeth, our teachers could lose their certification."

ADVERTISEMENT