ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Draft Cowtown Cat Champion!

I was gonna go with AD but I think someone else was going to pick him and I felt bad for being so late.

i also almost went with LeBron but it’s for the next 5 years as opposed to 2-3. I couldn’t bring myself to pick Zion.

Let me go ahead and readjust because this guy is somehow still here. I figured he'd go 1 or 2.

Posted almost 30-10-10 at 20 years old. He took the Mavs from drafting in the top 5 to on pace for 50 wins in just his second season.

The superlatives really never end, but there's not a player in the league I'd rather build a franchise around. Elite scoring, playmaking, size, versatility, clutch, the kid is just the real deal and a perennial MVP candidate and future Hall of Famer.

Give me Luka Doncic, G/F.

Let me go ahead and readjust because this guy is somehow still here. I figured he'd go 1 or 2.

Posted almost 30-10-10 at 20 years old. He took the Mavs from drafting in the top 5 to on pace for 50 wins in just his second season.

The superlatives really never end, but there's not a player in the league I'd rather build a franchise around. Elite scoring, playmaking, size, versatility, clutch, the kid is just the real deal and a perennial MVP candidate and future Hall of Famer.

Nice get. I was really hoping to get him at my turn.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Oh hell yeah let's fight about it. [laughing]

I think it will be a good argument tbh. Zion was averaging 25 and 7 without really knowing what he was doing this year. Both are the future. As much as I dislike duke, he’s a monster talent.

I think it will be a good argument tbh. Zion was averaging 25 and 7 without really knowing what he was doing this year. Both are the future. As much as I dislike duke, he’s a monster talent.

He is. It'll be a tough sell here though. The key will be how you build around him and what folks believe about his health.

He is. It'll be a tough sell here though. The key will be how you build around him and what folks believe about his health.

I agree. I love Luca. If picking between the 2 I take him bc his health is a little safer. Zion is a freak though. He was 13th in nba PER as a rookie just getting his feet wet. Luca wasn’t top 50 as a rookie. I think we will see both of them as top 5 PER from next year on.

I think given his immense potential and age he was a better choice than say lebron. But you’re right, it will be about the pieces I can surround him with.

Keep in mind Anthony Davis was an injury concern for his first 7 years in the league, but sometimes those concerns are a bit overblown unless you’re coming off an Achilles injury.

I struggled with this one but I’m gonna go with KAT since it’s a 5 year window. UK or not, I can’t pass on a young, dominant big who will give me 25, 12 & 4 with 50/40/80 shooting.

@CaytsBy90 on the clock

I love KAT, and he'll play well to this audience. I look forward to seeing how you build around a big. That's tough to do in the modern NBA but his shooting helps a lot.

I love KAT, and he'll play well to this audience. I look forward to seeing how you build around a big. That's tough to do in the modern NBA but his shooting helps a lot.
Only reason im not taking a big first. I did in the last nba draft we did (my team also in hindsight woulda been really good) but i dont think it resonated that i drafted a big early. But i also lost to a team (maybe Norse) in the vote that was big man heavy so who knows

That's who I was torn over in picking AD.

I agree but I think Towns is an exception. And, like you said, his shooting is a big reason why. He’s already elite offensively but he’s gonna be peaking over the next 5 years, too. He can score EFFICIENTLY from anywhere on the floor & is a great passer. I think he’ll go to another level defensively in the next few years, as well.

F me with a jagged baseball bat! I totally forgot about Luka.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT