ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Barnes

Skyguyb27

Junior
Feb 12, 2008
Has officially removed his name for the worst SEC coach in last 5 years.

Would you be happy to see a SEC team win the title? Who are you hoping will win the tourney since Cal opts not to participate in tourneys to focus on draft night?

I have a lot of friends that are Iowa St fans. That would beat stomaching watching UNC and the Vawls I think.

It never hurts the conference to have teams go deep to set the table for the future. However, it's an awful look that the SEC commish was demanding more tournament teams and the teams the conference did get into the dance largely flamed out.

Would you be happy to see a SEC team win the title? Who are you hoping will win the tourney since Cal opts not to participate in tourneys to focus on draft night?

I have a lot of friends that are Iowa St fans. That would beat stomaching watching UNC and the Vawls I think.
I’m definitely rooting for all the upsets, or a Creighton like team to win it.

Got to stick it to Texas. I hate Tennessee but it is funny Texas fires Barnes and lose straight up to him at another orange UT school.

It's really amazing how Texas can't get it going with how much talent is in that state. Barnes did the best at channeling it but they got rid of him after two down years, which was stupid. They brought in Shaka who couldn't even win a tournament game.

Beard was at least trending upward but then his domestic violence incident happened and now they're back in the wilderness. Their present coach isn't the answer.

This with pumpkin orange...

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
It's really amazing how Texas can't get it going with how much talent is in that state. Barnes did the best at channeling it but they got rid of him after two down years, which was stupid. They brought in Shaka who couldn't even win a tournament game.

Beard was at least trending upward but then his domestic violence incident happened and now they're back in the wilderness. Their present coach isn't the answer.
Absolutely. With the boosters they have to turnover coaches in football and a talent rich state like you said, should be dominating every sport. I don't get it. Mack Brown may have had a few down seasons at the end. Despite winning a National Title in '05 and back in a title game in '09, out the door like Barnes as one of their most successful coaches. They have some resources no doubt! Barnes was able to land some great talent there.

I know most people here can’t stand Illinois, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them win one.
Yeah that wouldn’t be terrible. I just want the Big 10 streak to continue lol. They look good though. Underwood may be a decent option to look at. They play a fun style.

Reactions: BigKari
I was ok when Arkansas won, because it was in the middle of a time we were good.
Not now. Tennessee winning it would just sort of magnify the position we're in the past 4 years.
Like Florida at end of Tubby time

Reactions: BigKari
I don’t want Duke, UNC, Tennessee or UCONN…pretty indifferent about the remaining field. I can pull for the rest of the SEC, but not Tennessee. Unfortunately I live in East Tennessee now and they have the absolute worst fan base around. I didn’t even realize how bad they were in comparison to other fan bases I have spent a lot of time around…but I’m 100percent in the camp of ANYBODY but Tennessee

Since Barnes was mentioned, after the game last night he said in post-game comments he had told his team that the game would come down to the last two minutes.

This may be a clue to his not getting to final fours. His team was like 1-22 from three before making a couple late.

Why would you tell your team that your basically not even better than the 7 seed? They were tight and were lucky to win.

Tell them they’re good and have fun.

I don’t care if they win it all or not.
My rooting has no effect on games.

Won’t even be watching todays games. Going to work on my tomato seedlings.

I like the fact that UT has never been to a final four. Its fun to poke fun at.
WCv8N0F.jpeg

Reactions: Louis_Skunt

Shaka self sabotaged. Once he got to a p5 program and had access to the Cal method chasing #1 recruiting classes, he changed how he played to fit around the high ranked classes he was bringing. Went from 4Omin if he’ll style to boring trade possession “traditional”. He did really well w recruiting there but got lost in it instead of getting pieces that fit his style.

Seems he’s found balance and gotten back to who he is at Marquette. Not all the way full speed ahead like VCU was but definitely leaning more tempo, pressure D, and shooting then the Texas experiment.

I know most people here can’t stand Illinois, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them win one.
Been to Champagne several times when I was young to watch Illinois play with my grandpa. My favorite part of Chief Illini dance. I’d be happy to see Illinois win it.

I'm not a Purdue fan but if they won it all it would mean that UNC, Duke and UConn didn't and therefore didn't gain a title on us. Also, if they did win it the collective minds of IU fans would explode like a nuclear bomb which would be entertaining to watch. 🤣

Reactions: shodaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT