ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl crying tears of happiness while Cal

Not the ultimate goal but winning the regular season and tourney sure did feel good, makes for a successful season outside tourney results. I sure miss it.
This. You can win the SECT and then maybe get unlucky in the E8 and still feel pretty good about the season. Now it’s all or nothing for a title run. Huge pressure.

Kentucky win the SEC tournament four straight years between 2015-2018. Not one person here cared when those seasons ended without an NCAA title. Dont pretend that it mattered. It didn’t.
Please. Yes. It did. Because while the ultimate goal is to win the NCAAT. This is Kentucky. We care about ALL titles and championships. For goodness sakes the nickname for the SECT was the Kentucky Invitational for decades. It matters. Maybe not as much as the national title, but damn it. It MATTERS.

I don't want him for his baggage, but other than that I would be thrilled to have him here. Someone just like him would be a massive upgrade over what we've had forever.

Reactions: KFuqua
Not defending Cal here, the SEC tournament is not the goal.
You tell players it isn’t important so they lose focus after being on a winning streak and then it carries over into the NCAA tournament. UK basketball should think every game they play should be important and want to win. We would like to maintain the most wins in college basketball. Our records and tradition mean nothing to carpet baggers like Cal.

Not defending Cal here, the SEC tournament is not the goal.
Dont disagree but w a caveat.

Not the ultimate goal but a goal and measurement of success. We’ve won 30+ and more than all other teams combined. Thats what has made us dominant and it’s a barometer of success.

Winning begets winning. Success breeds success. It creates a habit of excellence. When you downplay the season and a tournament in the name of “it doesn’t ultimately matter if we perform the last 2 weeks” means your expecting a light switch to come on and be able to shift gears when it matters. Occasionally everything aligns but typically you can’t overcome nonchalant attitude when the bright lights hit. It makes the “one that matter” feel heavier and more pressure packed instead of approaching it like “just another game (bc they all matter) and playing loose and “your game””

Saying this tournament doesn’t matter. This just goes to show priorities are just different. I want a coach who would run through fire to win the SEC Tourney. I’m still bitter.
So true. It is hard to win a national championship. There is nothing wrong with being labeled SEC Champs if you can’t win the big one.

Last edited:
You tell players it isn’t important so they lose focus after being on a winning streak and then it carries over into the NCAA tournament. UK basketball should think every game they play should be important and want to win. We would like to maintain the most wins in college basketball. Our records and tradition mean nothing to carpet baggers like Cal.
Not defending Cal but that’s sadly the mindset of a lot of teams and players these days. Money baby.

So true. It is hard to win a national championship. There is nothing wrong with being labels SEC Champs if you can’t win the big one.
This. The goal will and always will be a national title at UK. Period. We have no moral victories. We don’t settle. There’s a difference between those who aim for the top and those who settle. And that difference MATTERS damn it.

Kentucky won the SEC tournament four straight years between 2015-2018. Not one person here cared when those seasons ended without an NCAA title. Dont pretend that it mattered. It didn’t.
I attended all but one of those with my dad and they were a lot of fun. I am sure it was not fun for the 10K UK fans in attendance after the loss Friday. So yes it did matter for those that shelled out their hard earned money and time with loved ones to be disappointed. So to me it matters but you do you.

Who do you think had more enjoyment this weekend UK fans complaining on here or Auburn fans watching games.

Please. Yes. It did. Because while the ultimate goal is to win the NCAAT. This is Kentucky. We care about ALL titles and championships. For goodness sakes the nickname for the SECT was the Kentucky Invitational for decades. It matters. Maybe not as much as the national title, but damn it. It MATTERS.
lol. The next time I hear someone say about 2015, “at least the Cats won the SEC Tournament” will be the first time. Or mention 2016 and say, “yeah that team really succeeded, that OT win over A&M in the SEC finals was epic.” Same with 17, which ended in that horrifically officiated game or 2018 when PJ missed a dozen FTs in a loss to K State. I literally have NEVER seen any of those seasons remembered fondly here because the Cats won the SEC tournament.

Now, compare that to two seasons the Cats didn’t win the SEC tournament -1996 and 2012. Everyone celebrates those teams.

All this damn championship talk is making Cal angry.
Well let me tell you right now you will not take his joy.
He has tunnel vision. All roads lead to him strutting into the Green Room
Stop this pesky non important championship talk. YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. WE ARE THE GOLD STANDARD IN THE GREEN ROOM.

I don't want him for his baggage, but other than that I would be thrilled to have him here. Someone just like him would be a massive upgrade over what we've had forever.
Yeah, the baggage sucks, but he would be an absolute Rockstar here.

Jealous of Auburn to be honest. I wish we could win the SEX Tournament again.

qg1kbsmt4yoc1.jpeg

Pearl would kill it here. He would have the same fire as Cal did when he first got here. Finally gets to coach a blue blood and wants to prove he can do it here.

While he’s older, I’m fine if he’s here for 5 years then retires.
Bring him NOW......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT