ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves Against Real Competition

I posted his lines against a ton of teams. No one can refute the original argument because facts are facts. Much more often than not, he blows his load against legit teams. You are free to not like that and be triggered by it, but it’s objectively true.
Read my comment above. He shot 38 percent form 3 against good competition last season. Throw out that last game when he was 1/10 its much higher. (41.5%)

His 3 pt shooting was off but he played a good game otherwise and belonged on the floor.

I'm 65 and not that athletic and I could get a shot off every single trip down the floor. Making the shots means more than getting them off...

I have said it in this post, but I will repeat. Don't blame the player for shooting when he has a green light. Blame, the coach for making zero adjustments. A shooter WILL ALWAYS, keep firing and if they don't they should be pulled for that.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I have said it in this post, but I will repeat. Don't blame the player for shooting when he has a green light. Blame, the coach for making zero adjustments. A shooter WILL ALWAYS, keep firing and if they don't they should be pulled for that.
I'm okay with him missing shots. I'm not okay with him (and Wagner) frequently taking bad shots on possessions where they didn't ever pass the ball. Of course, that's also a Cal issue because as the coach he should put a stop to it, but won't.

I'm okay with him missing shots. I'm not okay with him (and Wagner) frequently taking bad shots on possessions where they didn't ever pass the ball. Of course, that's also a Cal issue because as the coach he should put a stop to it, but won't.
indeed, we need a better offense that can create shots and opportunities for others when we aren't hitting shots. We cannot live and die by the three or play hero ball and win consistently

are you high? At times he was the only one would could get a shot… I agree we rely on him too much, but his skill set is not the issue.
Every other damn coach in america has plays to get players shots. Cal's iso one on one ball has been proven to be garbage offense in college unless you have officials in your back pocket calling the fouls to send you to the FT line.

Just does not get it done. If it wasn’t obvious already, it is painfully obvious tonight. Statistics do not lie, and they bear this out that more often than not he lays eggs against quality competition.

This is not to say that he shouldn’t play, but it is to say that he should not be taking the bulk of the shots or be relied upon as the go-to scorer. He simply cannot get buckets against the likes of Duke and Kansas, etc..
…..or St Peter’s

3 for 17 isn't broken? lol. I guess it's just broken when it really matters. That's a HUGE problem. I mean that's FOURTEEN possessions gone. If he plays zero minutes last night and those are divided up between the other guys, we almost assuredly win. Sick of him trying to be the man in the crunch and shooting NBA threes.
It’s really not a huge problem. He’ll be just fine. You don’t rely on one guy. Reeves is a terrific shooter. We wouldn’t have won our first round game last year if it wasn’t for Reeves. But no one talks about that

Reactions: gharding07
I thought the Kansas game vs the Stonehill game illustrated the difference.

Late against Kansas, no one else was doing or even trying to do anything. Reeves got forced into this go to guy/creator role. He starts taking these step back, contested shots.

When the other guys are creating offense, Reeves is mostly taking good shots in rhythm. He needs to be one of the guys and not THE guy.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It’s really not a huge problem. He’ll be just fine. You don’t rely on one guy. Reeves is a terrific shooter. We wouldn’t have won our first round game last year if it wasn’t for Reeves. But no one talks about that

You’re on this Reeves thing like he’s your boyfriend so I won’t engage any further, but like I said before, him shooting 17 threes = a loss 8 of 10 times in the tournament. He tries to be the man but he ain’t.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
OP should've just directed this at Wagner and Edwards. Reeves kept UK in the game.
10 pts vs Michigan last year
11 pts vs Gonzaga last year
20 pts vs Bama last year
18 pts vs Tennessee last year
23 pts vs Texas AM last year
10 pts vs Kansas last year
27 pts vs Ole Miss last year
11 pts vs Arkansas last year
16 pts at Florida last year
21 pts vs Auburn last year
37 pts at Arkansas last year
22 pts vs Providence in the NCAAT last year

I mean, what are some people on here smoking? Is it recreational, legal, smuggled?!?
This is deceptive. Reeves did have a few good scoring nights for sure. Go back and list shooting percentages for each game. Do not list free throw scoring and let’s see how he did against the teams

You’re on this Reeves thing like he’s your boyfriend so I won’t engage any further, but like I said before, him shooting 17 threes = a loss 8 of 10 times in the tournament. He tries to be the man but he ain’t.
You’re quite stupid

This is deceptive. Reeves did have a few good scoring nights for sure. Go back and list shooting percentages for each game. Do not list free throw scoring and let’s see how he did against the teams
Why would you disclude FT points? The best scorers in the game get to the FT line. This sounds like a waste of time to do something so irrelevant

Reactions: gharding07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT